Status: Finished {But Please Still Comment}

Infatuated

She Better Not Be Dead

I had been cooped up in this fucking house for three weeks straight. Three weeks. That was the longest I had ever been inside without going out since I was born. I’ll be the first to admit that I hate nature, and nature hates me, but right now I was dying to be outside, back in that field that Gerard had found me in before. I just needed to get out of this house, for I was going crazy.

I spent all my spare time in the large library that Mikey had shown me, sitting on the ledge by a window, staring out at the scenery, wishing I was anywhere but here. The homesickness I was feeling was starting to eat me alive. I had stopped eating, because all food seemed disgusting to me now, and I barley spoke, only occasionally muttering a few sentences to Mikey when he asked a question.

I was finding it hard to function. I couldn’t concentrate. Sometimes I even found it hard to breathe; the warm, stuffy air of the old house seemed to choke me. Even sleeping was impossible; I would lay awake for hours, unable to drift off.

Suddenly the large door at the end of the hallway creaked open, and Gerard poked his head in, a plate of food in his hand. He strode towards me and I turned my head away from him, hiding my face behind a curtain of messy, unwashed hair. I felt him sit down beside me and gently place the plate of food into my lap.

“Eat.” He urged, handing me a spoon. The chicken noodle soup looked revolting, and the smell that wafted up to my nostrils made me want to puke. Before, I probably would have eaten the soup in ten seconds flat, but food had lost all appeal to me.

I pushed the soup back towards him, never looking up.

“Please Tess.” He pleaded, shoving the soup back at me. “Eat something. Anything! I haven’t seen you eat in four days. We’re all worried.”

I slid my gaze up to his worried my face, staring at him blankly through heavy lidded eyes. He smiled at me, his eyes glowing. “Mikey has a surprise for you.”

I didn’t respond, just slid my eyes back down to my lap, slouching back against the wall, crumpling into myself. I felt Gerard’s cool hand on my knee and I hissed and backed away.

“Sorry.” He mumbled. “But please,” His voice took on that desperate edge again, “Eat a little of the soup. Then I’ll leave you alone, and Mikey will give you your surprise. It’ll be worth it, I promise.”

I let a small growl bubble through my lips, did he know how fucking annoying he was being? I just wanted to be left alone, I wasn’t hungry.

“One sip Tess.” He said, his voice catching in his throat, “I mean, look at you! You’re dying! Wasting away before my very eyes!”

“Then let me go.” My voice sounded hoarse. He looked surprised that I was talking to him.

“One sip.” He ignored my request completely, “I beg of you, please. Just eat something. Then I’ll go away.”

The promise of Gerard leaving me the hell alone was extremely tempting, so I picked up the spoon with shaking hands and took a sip of the now cooled soup, forcing it down my throat with much difficulty. Gerard’s answering smile could have lit up the entire room.

“Now leave me alone.” I snarled, pushing the soup away. Gerard’s brilliant smile slipped off his face.

“Okay.” He said quietly, gathering the soup up, “Mikey will be here in a second. I hope you enjoy your surprise. Good bye Tess.” He slouched out of the room, closing the door quietly behind him. I let my eyes slide shut for a couple seconds, and I heaved a sigh.

Suddenly I felt a cool hand brushing some hair out of my face, and I snapped my eyes open, baring my teeth in what I hoped was a menacing growl. Mikey’s concerned face stared back at me, his hand still tangled in my hair.

“Tessy.” He mumbled miserably, “What am I going to do with you?” He sat down beside me and I leant back into his chest, allowing him to wrap his arms around me, pulling me into an awkward hug.

“I miss it so much Mikey.” I muttered sadly. “I want to go home.”

“I know honey, I know.” He soothed me, stroking my hair gently. “But I have something that might cheer you up.”

“Doubt it.” I whispered glumly.

“Come on Tess.” Mikey pulled me to my feet, “Give me a chance to make you feel better.”

I let myself be pulled along through the house towards the brightly lit kitchen. Every once and a while I stumbled over my feet, almost falling, but Mikey always caught me. As we passed through the kitchen, I earned small, sad smiles from all the guys. Mikey led me to the back door, and swung it open, letting the cool breeze wash over my face.

“Go on.” Mikey pushed me towards the door.

“In case you’ve forgotten, I can’t go past any thresholds.” I said dryly. Mikey just smirked and gave me a firm push. I gasped in surprise and stumble towards the door, bracing myself for the familiar burning of my wrists, my body smashing against the hard, invisible force that kept me locked inside this dreaded house.

It never came.

I flew out the door, landing clumsily on the dewy grass of the lawn.

“You- you pushed me!” I accused Mikey, my eyes narrowing into slits. He just laughed.

“You’re outside though!” He cried gleefully, helping me to my feet. I realized I was. I was actually standing outside.

“How?” I gasped, turning in a wide circle.

“Gerard lifted your boundaries a little. You can go as far as the edge of the woods.” Mikey smiled at me.

“Can I... can I run around?” I asked hopefully, “Without you tackling me, thinking I’m running away for something?”

“Run free young one!” Mikey joked, pushing me forwards. I eagerly sprinted forwards, loving the way it felt. I leapt into the air, twisting and turning before landing again, stretching my arms out, letting the strong midnight wind rake through my hair and whip my baggy clothes into frenzy around my body. I joyous giggle burst through my lips before I could stop it, and I flopped back into the long grass and stared at the night sky, which was glittering with millions upon millions of tiny stars above me.

Mikey strode over to me and sat down cross legged beside me, his ashen skin almost glowing in the pale light of the moon. He smiled so wide that it took up his entire face.

“You happy?” He questioned.

“I’m grateful.” I amended, turning to face him. The wind whipped my hair in front of my face. “I haven’t been happy in years Mikey, and I know I’m not gonna be happy ever again.”

“Don’t say that!” Mikey scolded, “You could be happy. Gerard could make you happy if you gave him a chance.”

“What the hell is that suppose to mean?” I questioned, my tone slightly angry.

“It’s just that; he’s a really nice guy Tess.” Mikey sighed. “I think that if you let him, he could make you really happy.”

“Mr. Way.” I smirked, propping myself up on my elbow so I could see Mikey properly, “Are you trying to set me up with your brother?”

“No.” Mikey mumbled, blushing. “It’s just that, he’s really a great guy Tess. I think you guys could be really great friends if you just forgave and forgot.”

“No way Mikes.” I sighed and flopped back down. “Not now, not ever.”

“Fine.” Mikey pouted slightly, “Be stubborn.”

“I will.” I stuck my tongue out at him. A pleasant silence fell in between us for a while.

“We’re going hunting tonight.” Mikey said quietly, shattering the silence. I stiffened beside him, a small hiss escaping my lips.

“We’re not going to kill anybody Tess.” Mikey sighed, “We’ll leave them alive. We need to feed to you know, so we don’t jump you in the hall and bleed you dry.” I shuddered a little.

“You promise me.” I sat up, holding out my hand. “You swear that you will kill nobody tonight. I don’t care if they’re a hooker, a homeless man, or a fucking pedophile. No killing.”

Mikey shook my hand, “Promise.”

He stood up suddenly, brushing off his black pants. “We’re gonna go now. You can stay here if you want, but there’s another surprise in your room for you.”

He walked swiftly towards the house, and walked in silently through the door. I saw him and the boys gather coats their coats through the window, and promptly dissolve into thin air, eager to get their dinner.

After laying outside for about 15 minutes more, I got up stiffly from the ground and brushed myself off, heading inside. The wind was starting to chill me to the bone.

As I entered the house, my curiosity got the better of me, and I rushed up to my room, eager to know what my surprise was. When I saw it I almost cried out in joy.

The boys had pretty much moved my entire apartment into this room. My bed was there, along with all my books, CD’s, and comic’s. The photographs I had hanging up in my apartment were now decorating the walls of the room, along with several tattered and torn band posters. I flung open the closet doors, only to find that all my clothes were there too. I sighed in contentment.

Suddenly a glimmer from the dresser caught my eye. I walked over to it, and laying on top of a picture of my mother and I at my grade 8 graduation was my switch blade. Attached to the blade was a small, handwritten note.

Tess,

I am dearly hoping that you will not kill me while I sleep now you have your knife back. I hope you enjoy your room.

Sincerely,

Gerard

I quickly shoved the knife back into my pocket, where it belonged, and left the note where it was. I was still debating whether or not I actually would kill Gerard.

Without coming to a definite answer, I slowly made my way to the kitchen, suddenly starving. The soul-crushing depression that had been smothering me for the past three weeks was suddenly gone, and I was now extremely hungry. I prepared myself some instant ramen noodles, funnelling the scalding hot noodles into my mouth as soon as they were ready. The depression that had been smothering me for the past couple weeks was suddenly gone, and it was like a weight off my chest.

Suddenly the front door flew open, a large boom echoing throughout the house. I jumped up, eager to thank Mikey, Bob, Ray and Frank for what they had done to my room. I rushed towards the main entrance, tripping over my own feet a couple of times.

When I finally reached them my heart stopped in my chest. “She better not be dead.” My voice was cold and steely. I felt my hands curl into tight fists.

Bob held a girl with short black hair in his arms, her head flopped back, her limbs limp. Mikey promised. He promised he wouldn’t kill anyone. He fucking promised. And this girl sure looked fucking dead. I was so angry that my vision was clouded with red.

“We didn’t do anything.” Bob said, his bright blue eyes never leaving the girls face. His stance was protective, it was clear that no one was going to touch this poor girl’s body without his permission.

“Explain later.” Gerard said, taking the girl gently from a reluctant Bob’s arms. He rushed her away at top speed, blurring because he was going so fast. The others followed, Mikey hoisting me up onto his back and rushing after them.

Mikey set me down a second later, in a room I’d never been in before. It was clean, white, and sterile, and had a neatly made cot pushed into the corner of it. Gerard had set the girl down on the cot and flew over to a cabinet near the door, pulling out a box with a red medical cross on it. She had a series of small, bleeding scratches littering her pale skin, but that wasn’t what caught my attention. Two large, gaping holes were drilled in her neck, oozing dark red blood. It looked as if she’d been bitten.

“What happened?” I demanded, stepping closer to the girl. I noticed Bob had moved to the head of the bed and was soothingly brushing the girl’s hair out of her face, his expression distant. It was odd, seeing him like this, panicky and anxious. He always seemed like the type that did well under pressure.

“We were hunting,” Mikey began, running his hands through his hair, “Everything was going fine. We were all about to head back to the house; Gerard didn’t want to leave you alone too long.” Mikey’s tone was rushed, frantic. I pointedly ignored the comment about Gerard not wanting to leave me alone; I was in no mood to dissect what that meant. “Then Bob met her as we were heading back.” Mikey gestured over to the pale girl lying on the cot, still unconscious. Gerard was hovering around her, bandaging up small cuts.

“Lindsey.” Bob growled, “Her name isn’t ‘her’, its Lindsey.” His voice sounded as if it was about to break.

“Sorry Bob.” Mikey apologized quietly, “So Lindsey and Bob started talking, and we went on ahead, knowing he would catch up later.”

“She asked me where the nearest subway was, because she needed to be going home.” Bob interrupted. “I told her that I was sorry, but I didn’t know, but I could walk her home, cause dangerous people come out at night.” He barked out a dry laugh, his mouth twisted into an ugly frown.

“We got talking,” Bob’s voice suddenly got soft, wistful even. “I started to walk her home... We talked about music... and a movie she had seen, and her ex-boyfriend. She had just caught him cheating on her... she was so sad...” Bob reached for Lindsey’s small hand and grasped it tightly in his large one, his thumb making soothing circles on her palm. “Then- then all of a sudden, she, well she was gone. And I looked around, and someone had her pinned to a wall.” Bob bowed his head, his entire body shuddering. “I went to pull him off her... but he was so strong.”

“Stronger that you?” I asked, my voice incredulous.

“Yeah.” Bob admitted, “I think so... he was a vampire, and he was drinking from her... and I froze, I fucking froze!”

Gerard was now disinfecting the cut on Lindsey’s neck, placing a large butterfly bandage on it after he was finished. “No venom entered her bloodstream.” Gerard told Bob as he packed up the first aid kit, “She was lucky.”

“So why’s she here?” I asked, taking a step closer to her, “I mean, why not take her to an ER and dump her?”

A rather large grin settled across Gerard’s face. “Bob didn’t want to leave her.” He said smugly. Bob suddenly released the girls hand and stepped back from the cot, his expression turning blank.

“She might have died.” His voice was monotone, “If we took her to a human hospital, they wouldn’t have known what to do. They would have given her a blood transfusion, and if any venom had entered her blood stream, it would have done no good.”

“So what are you gonna tell her when she wakes up?” I asked, taking another step closer to her. She had a pretty face with full lips and snakebites that glittered in the florescent light.

“The truth.” Bob said, “She deserves the much.”

“Ha!” I barked out a sarcastic laugh, “Good luck with that, telling her that she was attacked by a vampire, then saved by Bob, who is ironically, also a vampire. When she freaks out, tell her that there’s another human in the kitchen willing to teach her how to kill the vampire’s leader while he sleeps with her newly acquired switchblade.”

“You gave her back her knife?” Frank hissed to Gerard, “Are you fucking crazy? She’ll stab us in our sleep!”

“No need to worry Frank,” I said, “It’s not you I’m after.”

Gerard smirked at me, “I’d like to see you try.”

“Don’t test me.” I glared at Gerard and turned towards the doors, “I am only too willing to drive my knife through your heart.”

Gerard just gave me a sunny smile, “I’ll send Lindsey down when she wakes up.” He said, ignoring my threat all together. “Be nice to her, she’ll probably feel like you did when you first got here.”

“Murderously enraged?”

“Vulnerable. Confused.” Gerard smirked.

“Why you little shit-” I growled, and lurched towards Gerard, ready to rip is head off. Mikey grabbed me by the shoulders, holding me back.

“Now Gerard,” Mikey sighed, still holding me tightly in his arms, “She’ll never like you if you say stuff like that.”

“I’ll never like him period!” I shrieked, “I absolutely hate you Gerard Way, do you understand? You could die now and I would not lose a minute of sleep.”

Gerard’s cocky smirk slipped off his face. “Now let go of me.” I said to Mikey, “I’m going to get something to eat.”

Mikey released me and I stormed out of the room, still fuming.
“Look on the bright side,” I heard Ray mutter, “She might hate you Gee, but at least she’s eating again. She’s back to her old self.”

“Yeah,” I heard Gerard’s sad, muffled whisper, “Look on the bright side...”
♠ ♠ ♠
Cooooommmeeenntttt???