Status: Finished {But Please Still Comment}

Infatuated

Baby Blue Is Not My Colour

I winced as Mikey slammed the bottle of Aspirin down on the counter, the sharp sound of plastic-hitting-surface causing pain to reverberate throughout my entire bone structure.

“You’re officially an asshole, you know that?” I groaned and cradled my head in my hands, “I feel like shit.”

Mikey just laughed lightly and got me a glass of water from the sink, handing it to me soon after. I shook three pills out of the bottle eagerly and gulped them down.

“You’re only supposed to take one!” Mikey snatched the bottle away from me and examined the instructions, “See, right here it says ‘Children 12 and under should take one capsule every four hours’.”

“Ha ha, I bet you think you’re funny, don’t you smartass?” I sneered at him.

“Yeah, actually, I am.” He grinned at me and rubbed my neck soothingly, “But adults are only supposed to take two max.”

“Well I’m in a whole shit load of pain right now, so I think my body needs three.” I glared up at him.

“I really am sorry.” He said sympathetically, “I only discovered this gift a couple of months ago, I’m still working out the kinks.”

“Kinks?” I scoffed at him, “So a feeling close to the worst hangover in the history of mankind is just a small kink?”

“Yup.” He turned to smile at me, “But if it makes you feel any better I had to take nearly all of Gerard’s energy ‘cause he’s so much stronger than you, so I bet he feels ten times worse.”

“Comforting thought.” I said sarcastically.

Mikey glanced quickly at the clock hanging in the kitchen, “He’s been out for about 14 hours, Gerard should wake up soon.”

“How long was I out?” I asked.

“Umm.... Give or take 12 hours, probably closer to 13.”

“Jesus.” I murmured, “You’re dangerous, you know that? You could kill somebody with a gift like that.”

“I know.” Mikey muttered bitterly. His mouth turned downwards into a frown and his shoulders slumped. “Believe me, I know.”

“You okay Mikes?” I questioned. He jerked his head back up, and I saw that his eyes were moist. “I was just kidding around Mikey, I know you’d never hurt someone.” I clasped his cold hand in mine, trying to make him feel better.

“It was an accident I swear.” He groaned, “I didn’t mean to Tess, you have to understand that I didn’t know how to control it.” His voice was urgent and pleading.

“What happened Mikey?”

“We, we were hunting, and I had discovered that I could put people to sleep hours before.” A single tear streaked its way down his cheek. “There was this girl in an alley way, I thought that if I knocked her out for a little, it would be better for her. You know, no pain? No fear.”

“That was very considerate of you Mikey.” I gave him a small smile, but it probally looked more like an ugly grimace.

“No.” He muttered sullenly, “No it wasn’t Tess, believe me, I wasn’t doing her any favours.”

“What do you mean?”

“I didn’t know my own strength. I took way too much, more than her body could handle.” He choked back a sob.

“You killed her?” I whispered in horror.

“No,” he sighed, “She’s in a coma right now. After I realized.... I rushed her to the nearest hospital and dropped her in the ER and left. I still visit her every two weeks, bring her flowers... but she still hasn’t woken up.” His voice was raw with agony. “It’s all my fault Tess. I took her life away from her. She was so young, she was only 20 for fucks sake, and now she’s in a coma! And the doctors don’t think she’s going to wake up! Like ever.”

I put my arm around his shoulder and pulled him towards me, giving him what I hoped to me a comforting hug. He buried his head into my neck, his wintry unsteady breaths tickling my throat.

“Aww.” A high voice cooed from behind us. “How sweet.”

Mikey and I split apart. Standing in the doorway was a tall girl, her arms crossed over her chest and a knowing smirk plastered on her face.

“Rache!” Mikey sounded half strangled. “What are you doing here?”

She waltzed forwards, her long burgundy hair swaying softly. She had on a black tube top (which she wore as a dress, even though it barely covered an inch of her thigh) that contrasted greatly with her paper white skin. Her eyes were a neon blue and were framed with thick lashes, and the bubble gum pink eye shadow and fire engine red eyeliner made them really pop.

“Gerard invited me over.” Her voice had taken on sultry undertones. She placed her hands on Mikey’s shoulders, and they slowly made their way down his chest until they were placed coyly right above his Batman belt buckle. Mikey had gone rigid and his hands were coiled into tight fists.

“Did he now?” Mikey gulped and looked up at her.

“Yeah.” She smirked, then noticed me sitting there glaring daggers at her back. “Oh?” She glanced my way, “Who’s this delightful little creature? Is she your girlfriend Michael?”

“No.” Mikey said, “Just a friend. Rache, this is Tess- Tess, Rache.”

“A friend?” She mused, “But she’s a human Mikey. Surely you mean she’s a pet.”

I stiffened and hissed quietly, my eyes narrowing into slits. How dare she call me a pet! That cheap slut has no idea. I am not a mother fucking pet!

“I have a spare leash in my car Mikey.” She continued gleefully, seeing how angry this was making me. “If you’ve lost yours I can give you it. It’s a nice blue, I think it’d look lovely against her blonde hair.”

“Not necessary Rache.” Mikey said through gritted teeth, his eyes silently begging me not to react, “She is not a pet, truly she is a friend.”

“Well, you’re a big boy now Michael, you can make your own decisions.” Her voice was almost condescending now and her claw like hands (which were manicured within an inch of their lives) tangled themselves into Mikey’s sandy hair, playing with it brazenly. “How old were you when you were turned? Fourteen? Perhaps Fifteen?”

“I was twenty-one Rache.” Mikey rolled his eyes.

“Well then.” She grinned and lowered her mouth so it was hovering right beside Mikey’s ear. “You truly are a big boy then.” Her tone was teasing and sugary sweet. “Care to come play with me and your brother? We could have heaps of fun.”

“N-no thanks Rache.” Mikey stammered, “Me and Tess were about to watch a movie.”

We were? I mouthed silently to him. He nodded subtly.
“Your loss.” She straighten up and walked out of the room quickly, “Nice to see you Mikey.” She called over her shoulder then disappeared up the stairs.

I heard a door slam upstairs and then a large thump.

“Wow.” I growled, “Nice company you keep.”

Mikey frowned, “Be careful around her Tess. She’s dangerous.”

“She looks like a hooker.” I scoffed.

“She’s mastered the art of seduction... and some other things.” Mikey smiled sheepishly.

“Other things?” I enquired.

“Yeah... she can almost... Like...make curses? I have no idea how to explain it Tessy. I just know that people who piss her off usually end up dead.” Mikey sighed in frustration.

I let out a low whistle. “Damn. She’s like a witch or something.”

“Yup.” Mikey said, “Kinda.”

“And her name.” I mumbled, “Doesn’t it mean ‘revenge’ in German or something?”

“Just stay away from her Tess.” Mikey warned, “I’m not joking.”

“All right mom.” I smirked. “Now you said we could watch a movie. You got Alice in Wonderland?”

“You like Disney?” Mikey asked in disbelief.

“I like the Mad Hatter and the grouchy caterpillar.” I corrected him. “You got it or not?” Mikey nodded.

“Well then let’s go.” I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the couch.

***

No matter how loud Mikey and I turned up the television’s volume we could still hear Gerard and Rache upstairs having ‘fun’. After an hour and a half Rache skittered down the stairs, her hair a mess and her makeup smudged. She smirked at Mikey and I curled up on the couch.

“Oh Mikey?” She grinned at him.

“Yes?” He answered warily.

“I found this in my purse. Gerard said that you guys might need it after all.” She dug around her glittery sliver clutch and pulled out a baby blue dog’s leach. She tossed it to him and he caught it gracefully. With that she exited the room, and I heard the front door slam and a car engine start moments later.

“Gerard.” Mikey muttered in disgust, turning to his brother who was standing in the doorway. “You told her we’d be needing this?” He shook the leach near Gerard’s face.

“Well yeah,” Gerard eyed me with distaste. “I thought that when we left to go hunting we could tie Tess to a stake in the back yard so she won’t run away.”

I growled and shot to my feet “Now wait one second-”

“I’ll handle this Tess.” Mikey pushed me down gently, “Gerard, Tess is out friend. Not a pet or a belonging. She is not to be treated as such, understand?”

“Yeah yeah.” Gerard muttered and sat down next to Mikey on the couch. “She might be your friend, but she’s no friend of mine. More like a pain in my ass.”

“Oh, sorry.” I feigned mock sincerity, “I would totally leave except for that fact a psychopathic vampire has locked me in his house and refuses to let me go. My fucking bad.”

Gerard just rolled his eyes and sunk back into the couch. I noticed he was in nothing but black boxers. The light emitted by the T.V cast long shadows over the room. My eyes roamed his bare chest, glancing up and –

Stop. I hissed at myself, you’re overly tired and delusional. Just stop right now. You’re being stupid.

“Put some clothes on.” I spat in his general direction. He raised an eyebrow at me and the corners of his mouth turned upwards into a smirk.

“I can read your mind Tess.” His voice was gloating, “You’re totally checking me out.”

I gagged. “In your dreams asshole.” I stood up and walked towards the door.

“Where you going?” Gerard sneered at me.

“To sleep.” I snapped, “I need a nap.”

Gerard just grunted and flicked his eyes back to the movie.

“Oh, and Gerard?” I turned to him before heading up the stairs.

“What?”

“Rache was totally faking it. You’re not that good. All that screaming she did was totally bullshit. Just thought you should know.” I smirked and continued my way up the stairs, leaving Gerard open mouthed and fuming in the living room.