Dear Ben

008

Dear Ben,

I haven't seen you in two weeks. You haven't called me in two weeks. Ellen says it's because you're transitioning; letting go of your life here, so you can build a new one that much easier in Boston. But I know that's not why you didn't show up that night. It has to be something else.

I just want you to know that I am mad. So that's why I haven't tried calling you, because normally I would. Because that's the kind of girl that I am, the clingy, stupid, emotional girl. And slowly that's fading.

I also just want you to know that I;m not going to try anymore. You're right. I'm leaving for San Francisco in a few months, and it's time to get serious. It's not that I don't want to see you again, it's just that I'm not going to. You've already made the choice.

Part of the reason that I've been acting differently is because of Alex. We've both been without someone to hang with since you've been extremely distant, so we sort of joined forces. He's just so nice. He's so intelligent, but I know you don't care.

And we have so much in common; we go to shows and the lake, but mostly, you. You were his best friend. And my... more? I don't know.

You always said that people can't change, but Alex says, knows that they can.

Love,
Olivia

P.S. I really do like him. I think that this could become something.