Status: Working on it

Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better

01

When you’ve kidnapped certain things should run through your mind:

Why have I been kidnapped?

What do they want?

How will I get away?

All these things I had an answer to, all the answers surrounded one key point in my life.

I have been kidnapped because I am a mutant; they want my mutation; I will get away using my mutant mutation.

That had been the plan the whole time, but the “cure” was currently involved in my hostage situation, as long as the bald child was in my cage, I would not get out.

“Dinner!” the deep voice of my kidnapper rang throughout the basement when I was being kept. “Ahh, Alesana how are you today?”

This jackass would get what was coming to him, as soon as I figured out a way out of this place. I would make sure of that. He appeared slowly into the room, like he had all the time in the world, just like he had when he took me from my house.

Once I get away from this kid he’s done for, that is what I told myself everyday of this ordeal. I couldn’t help but wonder when that would be, how I would get away; no one would come looking, especially not my parents, they probably weren’t even upset about that fact that I was missing. My mutation had never been one of the shining qualities of my life; nothing about me was a good quality.

I was a normal child; running around outside with the other children, causing trouble, playing tag and hide N go seek. Pre-teen years for me were okay as well; but when thirteen rolled around everything changed. My mutation took control of my whole life; I began living on the darker side of life.

Slowly I started changing who my friends were; I went from hanging out with the kids I had grown up with to the rockers, outcasts, and stoners. I drank like an alcoholic, smoked like a chimney and swore enough to make a sailor blush. When I wasn’t skipping school you could find me in the back of the class, sleeping.

No one would come looking for me.

“Stryker!!!” a gravely voice could be heard from somewhere in the house, this voice made every independent structure in the basement vibrate from the volume.

Stryker’s eyes grew to the size of saucers and he dropped the tray of food he was bringing me; he was scared. He was scared enough to not notice that fact he was leaving my cage unlocked.

Soon another noise could be heard, it sounded like knifes; knifes being rubbed together in a point to sharpen them.

I made it a priority to run at that point; no matter what was upstairs I knew I would be far enough away from the bald boy to use every bit of power I had to get out of this hellhole.

Pop!

Someone had wrapped their arms around me quickly and before I could even take a breath to scream there was another Pop and I was gone.

“Ah Kurt, great work,” an old man in a wheel chair told the man whose arms were still around me, just as I though this he released me.

“Alesana, my name is Charles Xavier, you’re safe now. Welcome to the school of gifted children like yourself.”

“I’m not gifted, sorry you got the wrong girl!” I told the man in the chair.

‘leave me alone’ was all I could think.

‘I’m sorry Alesana, but your powers won’t work on me’ I heard in my head, the same voice that had just been heard outside my head in the real world. The old man was in my head.

I concentrated with all my might ‘ Leave me alone!’

Maybe concentrating shouldn’t have been resorted to; my eyes meeting the back of my eyelids as I fainted on the floor also confirmed this thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and tell me what you think! Does anyone read wolverine stories?