Status: Working on it

Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better

02

“She just fainted?” a calm womanly voice questioned to someone else in the room.

“Yes, she was trying to use her mutation against the professor and she fainted,” a man with a heavy German accent answered the lady.

“She is one powerful girl, I’ve never witnessed power like this in all the mutants I’ve come across,” the lady stated quietly almost like she was confirming it to herself. For some reason her voice soothed my running nerves, it was like it was in every part of my body slowing my blood.

“What does she do?” a gravely voice filled the room; the same voice that had allowed me to escape in the first place.

“She can do anything and everything, anything she sets her mind to happens.” The voice of the professor was also added to the room. “She can tell you what to do, you do it. She’s also a mimicker, an advanced version of Rouge, Rouge has to touch people to use their power, and eventually she could steal it for good. Alesana has to seen it be done once, and she can use it forever.” He took a breath before finishing his speech to the room. “ If she sees Logan heal, she will be able to heal; she has seen Kurt teleport, she can teleport. There are so many things and mutations running through her head it seems it would take decades to document them all rather than days. Right Alesana?”

That old bastard, how did he know I was awake?

‘I knew because I can see hear your thoughts Alesana’

“Now hunny, how does your head feel?” the lady from before asked, when I opened my eyes to her face it was calm looking just like her voice, she had red hair that was brushed but had nothing special done to it and she was wearing light pastel colors.

“Same as always, jumbled” I answered to her and quickly sat up pulling the IV out of my arm, I didn’t need any medicine I could heal myself, thanks to one of my kidnappers, he had long fingernail, spiky teeth, and a perfectly round face.

“Um, hold on I’ll get you a band aid..” she said walking away clearly upset with my action.

“No need, its all under control,” I answered back peering down at my arm at the normal patch of skin sat where there should have been a puncture wound.

“Alesana, I’d like you to meet the X-men,” the Professor said coming closer in his chair, his long cold fingers grabbed my arm to examine the spot that had healed so quickly. “ This is Dr. Jean Gray,” he directed his head towards the red head in the room. “This is Scott Summers a teacher at this school,” he had a make shift sort of sunglasses doohickey on his face and a light blue polo shirt on, he seemed like a goody to shoes. “This is Logan and you will meet Ororo later she tended to the children while I watched your rescuing.” Logan was big, hairy and mean looking; he was casually seated in the back of the room picking at his short dirty nails.

“Hey!” I said generally to everyone. “But I gotta go home now, see you all some other time, thanks for the hel…”

“Alesana my dear, there is no home to go to,” he interrupted my speech moving his chair closer to me. “Stryker he killed your parents.”

“No he didn’t, he couldn’t, and they weren’t even there when that dude with the fingernails took me, I was home alone.”

After this statement Logan stood stiffer in the corner before talking, “A guy with fingernails took you?”

I had tears in my eyes, “ Yeah, long bag lady fingernails, and spiky little teeth, that is where I learned to heal,”

“Your invited to stay with us, I run a school for gifted children like yourself, you could learn to better control your powers, make some friends.” The professor told me while I was standing there in tears.

“I have friends, back home.”

“Hun,” an arm touched my back and slowly began to move up and down. “You have no where else to go, were good people, I promise you will be fine here, the pain from losing your parents will slowly subside, and if you allow it, this place will be like home and one big family to you in no time.” Jean whispered while trying to comfort me.

“I guess I have no other choice, but I have none of my stuff.”

“Jean and Ororo will accompany you to your house to pack up our belongings.” The professor made his final statement as he left the room and the two men followed behind him out of the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment