Status: Working on it

Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better

03

In Professor Xavier’s office----

“Saber tooth and Stryker are working together again!” Logan demanded the second the men were in the round office and the door closed.

“Yes Logan, I’m afraid they are, and they have the cure.” The professor confirmed to Logan. “They may have him, but they will do anything to get their hands on her, anything.” He wheeled back behind his desk.

“So why are we keeping her here? She can barley control her mutation, she could harm other children here,” Scoot questioned to Xavier as Logan scoffed at him and muttered something that sounded like coward.

“She needs to be kept safe, this is a safe house Scott.” Xavier answered while closing his eyes, beginning to take a peek inside Logan’s head. “Besides, it will kill Logan if she leaves.”

Both men in the room looked at the professor like he had three heads, but in a school like this, they had seen odder.

“What do you mean, kill me?” Logan questioned to odd response from a moment ago.

“You have animal instincts, every animal has a mate that matches them perfectly, body, mind and soul. Alesana is your soul mate Logan.” He turned on the video from before of Alesana in the cage in the captivity of Stryker. The one Magneto had brought to us for help. “Why do you think when you saw her you were so quick to think of a plan to get her out. You were attracted to her the second you saw the video.”

He had felt it, a pull on his body to help this girl, she was beautiful and helpless there in the cage with the boy, but something else was drawing him to her. After she passed out, he lugged her to Jean’s examining room immediately; it was pulling on his heartstrings.

“She’s made for you Logan.”
-------------------
Meanwhile

Jean and Ororo had brought me to my house on a jet.

A jet in the middle of Chicago would for sure draw unwanted attention. More than likely the cops have been called, but that didn’t seem to matter to these people, they thought they could just land there jet anywheres. By the time we got back it would probably be on bricks, local gang bangers would steal the tires and hubcaps.

As I made my way into my old house the smell of home overwhelmed me. I had never noticed before how much my house smelled like vanilla. It made me feel safe even though there was nothing about this that was safe. From the kitchen I made my way into the living room. Everything in our house was plain, from the brown leather couches to the tan colored wall. There were no pictures in the house besides on the mantle piece of the fireplace, it was of my Mom, Dad, and I. I stood out in the picture, my hair was photographed just how it was at the moment. Dark brown and teased high with choppy layers; I had pink tiger stripes in a spot close to the front and a bleach blond spot on the opposite side of my hair.

I grabbed the picture and carried it under my arm on the way to my room. Jean and Ororo were following closely, never knowing where Stryker was hiding.

My room was completely different than the rest of the house, it had magenta walls with neon green stripes; posters of my favorite bands and pictures of my friends and my life dawned the walls.

“Hun, where are your suitcases, we’ll pack up your clothes while you get important belongings. I showed them where the suitcases were kept in the closet and sat off packing my belongings.

First I packed all my pictures in frames, putting articles of clothing in between them to keep from breaking, than I put my lap top in its bag along with the cords that went to it, also my ipod, phone and chargers went into that bag. Soon, everything in my room including my sheets and comforter were all packed snuggly either into a suitcase or a box.

“Ready?” Ororo asked pulling out the handle part of the suitcase.

“Hold on, I’ll be right back!” I said to them as I went across the hall into my parent’s room. I made my way to the closet and grabbed my dad’s favorite flannel shirt and my mom’s hound’s-tooth print jacket. They smelled like my parents, it was the most worn wardrobe. As I made my way out of the room I grabbed my moms perfume sitting on her vanity and slipped it into the jacket pocket.

“Ready!” I said with little enthusiasm, this was one of the saddest points in my seventeen years.

With that we walked out of my childhood home caring my belongings to the jet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment