Status: Working on it

Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better

04

“So Alesana, your room is going to be on the 3rd floor next to Logan’s room, you two will be sharing a bathroom.” Xavier informed me as Jean, Ororo, and I made our way back to the school with all my stuff.

“Okay” I replied nodding my head and started gathering my stuff to move to my new room.

“All the other students are asleep, but after putting your stuff in the room you may go to the kitchen on the first floor and get whatever you want to eat, you start classes tomorrow.” Xavier added as I made my way out of the office with Jean carring the stuff I couldn't pick up.

“I think you will like it here Alesana, all of the kids here will be so excited to see someone new.” Jean spoke as we rode in the elevator to the room I was assigned.

The room was oval shaped with a big walk in closet and a large bay window; it had white walls and a queen sized bed with no sheets on it, it also contained a door that lead to a connecting bathroom.

“Well, here it is, I'll let you unpack.” She handed me a key to the room and left.

I sighed loudly and started figuring out where everything should go.

-------

“Won't being in classes with mutants using there powers be like an over load for her?” Ororo asked the room of X-men.

“I think for a teenage girl with as much power as she has she's handling this quiet well; I mean being kidnapped, having her parents murdered and being forced into a new place.” Jean informed everyone but was more directed at Xavier.

“Well she's destined to be with the Wolverine, she’s got to be a tough cookie to put up with his shit.” Scott added with a smirk.

“What?” Jean and Ororo jinxed each other voicing their question in a tone of pure shock.

“Alesana's freak shows over there soul mate apparently”.

“Shut it scooter” Logan demanded as he let his claws slowly come out of his knuckles.

“Logan! Scott! Stop this!” Jean demanded standing in between them.

“She's not my damn soul mate!” Logan yelled in his deep voice and stormed out of the office.

-----

Besides the white walls this place was starting to look like my old room.

I decided to call it good for today and get something to eat when I noticed my stomach was grumbling.

I locked my room and made my way back to the elevator not being sure of where the stairs were.

When I finally made it to the first floor I relized I had no clue where the kitchen was. I shut my eyes and started thinking off all the mutations I had to dig through to find the kitchen; to bad I couldn't just poof there. Wait, that guy that got me this morning poofed in and out with me.

I concentrated as hard as I could focusing on being in a kitchen, and Poof, there I was.

But I wasn't alone.

Logan was in the room and when I landed in it he jumped up off the stool and giant metal claws extended from his knuckles.

“Hey dude its me!” I yelled putting my hands up.

“Holy shit kid, don't sneak up on people” his claws descended back into his knuckles.

“I didn't sneak, I teleported behind you.”

“Well, don't do that either, it’s a quick way to get yourself hurt, or even killed”

“You can't hurt me, I can heal.” I simply stated and started looking in the white refrigerator for food.

“I've hurt people that can heal themselves before” he confirmed to me as he sat down on the stool once again and tipped a beer to his mouth.

I reached into the fridge and grabbed a beer and materials to make a sandwich.

“Hey sprout your not old enough for that,” he said reaching for my beer. Instantly I reached out and slapped his hand away.

“Back off cub scout. That's mine.”

The slap and the name call seemed to be enough for him because he left it alone after that.

“So, did you get all unpacked?” he asked me when I sat down with my newly constructed sandwich.

“Yeah, mostly.”

“Well there better not be any female doodads flying out at me in the bathroom” he grunted.

I think he was the only man in the world that could talk with a grunt.

“You'll deal” I halfway grunted back with a bit of food in my mouth after swallowing I took a large swig of beer and smirked at him. “That's good!” I informed him.

He said nothing in response and we both continued eating and drinking. After my food was consumed I stretched back and yawned realizing how tired I was after a day like today.

“Well I’m turning in hair ball, don't peak in at me through the bathroom.”

He laughed and stood up as well.

“I'm going up too” he added setting out of the door, I followed him a little glad because I wasn't quite sure where the elevator was.

When we got to it we both reached for the third floor button and our hands met we both instantly pulled back like we had been shocked.

On the third floor I made my way to my door when I realized I had forgotten my key. Shit.

“Um, hulk Hogan I forgot my key” I told Logan before he closed the door to his room.

“So I suppose you want to come in through my room?” his eyebrow raised and a smirk slowly came to his face.

“I suppose” I answered making my way to his door and stepped in as he moved aside. The room smelled like a bar and a forest. It matched his sense of style, tight jeans and flannel shirts. It was disoriented and the bed was unmade. He lived like a wild animal.

“Thanks!” I said quietly and made my way to the bathroom and in through to my room.

Before I laid down for bed I put on my pajamas and started digging in my closet for my mom’s jacket, once I found it I reached in the pocket and grabbed her perfume spraying it on my pillow. Once I did that I put the bottle on the nightstand and cuddled up into the pillow that smelled like my family, my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment