Status: Working on it

Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better

06

xxxxxxxxxxx

The insides of Jean’s examining room; I’m becoming real acquainted with.

“What happened this time?” my gruffly voice slipped out of my throat.

“You passed out in the danger room,”

I didn’t need to open my eyes to know it was Logan his voice was distinctive.

“How do you feel hunny?” Jeans soothing voice asked me.

“Okay, I don’t remember passing out, why did I pass out?” I asked really having no clue whatsoever how or why I passed out.

“Your brain went into overload,” she stated while checking my pulse on my wrist.

Soon the door of the room opened and Xavier made his way in.

“Alesana, I peeked into your brain when you were out, your brain was sucking in the mimic of to many mutations at once. We need you to learn how to use and fight correctly so until we figure out how you can be around an array of mutations at once without going into overload, you will be have class with Logan alone in the danger room. “ he folded his hands in his lap.

Alone in the danger room with Logan, somewhere deep in my stomach I got excited, there was something about him that was dangerous and sexy; his wild wind swept hair with his long exaggerated sideburns, his tight little jeans, white life beater and roughed up old leather jacket. He was bad and he knew it; so did everyone else.

“Um, Alesana! Your hand is on fire!!” Jean yelled jumping to attention and dragging me to the sink to run it under water! It wasn’t burning, I didn’t even notice it happened.

How did my hand catch on fire.. ”John!!” I said out loud.

“Why didn’t this happen to her earlier in the day? She’s been around mutants all day?” Jean asked while checking my hand all over making sure I hadn’t burned my skin off.

“No one used their mutation till the danger room,” I answered the question rather it was directed towards me or not. Mentally running through a list of the mutations I had seen today, I didn’t want to end up blowing up the school while I was asleep.

“Well Hun, you can leave whenever you feel ready!” Jean stated checking my pulse one more time.

I hopped up and left immediately.

In the hallway all sort of students were roaming the halls, this was my first time seeing some of them.

“Hey!” I heard coming from behind me. It was Rouge.

“Hey Rouge!” I gave her a smile while standing still waiting for her to catch up; soon we fell into footsteps.

“What happened back in the danger room?” she asked while running her gloved hand through her hair. “Before I knew what happened you were on the floor and Logan had you in his arms running off with you,”

He had lugged me to Jeans?

“Um, to many people using there mutations in one room.” I answered like it was a simple thing. Puffing my cheeks with air after making the statement.

“If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your mutation?” She asked looking at the ground, afraid to make eye contact.

“I’m a mimicker, if I see someone using their mutation, I can do it too.” I answered the best I could; I didn’t really understand it either.

‘ I see, I do something like that, but I have to touch them.” She answered, moving her eyes up to my face.

“Yeah, I heard talk of it,” I replied while giving her a crocked smile. She understood in a way.

“Wanna sit with me at supper?” She asked giving me a smile back and fiddling with her hands.

“I’d love to!”
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We sat with John and Bobby at the end of the Teachers table during dinner. The whole time John was shamelessly making passes at me, which was a little disturbing.

“John, you have no dignity!” Mr. Summers said to him with a look of disgust. Maybe he was a mimicker too, I was sure the same look was on my face.

“What? She’s a babe!” he stated, appalled that he hadn’t taken notice.

“You’re a dog!” I said to him shaking my head and eating another scoop of potatoes.

“No, that’s the Wolverine down there!” John added pointing down to Logan.

Wolverine? Is that like his Mutation name?

“Shut it Pyro, your making a fool of yourself!” Logan yelled down to John.

“Alesana, how are you liking it here so far?” Ororo asked sliding a little closer to me on the bench.

“It’s good!” I answered not sure what else to say.

“Well tonight is movie night, so its about to get even better!” John said sliding his arm around my shoulder, which I immediately shrugged off this kid, was giving me the creeps.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Logan’s POV

John was getting on my nerves, putting his hands all over Alesana; no matter how many time she made it clear she wanted nothing to do with him.

Maybe she did want him and was playing hard to get? I questioned myself, for some reason it made me feel a pang of jealously.

Jesus, you’re the wolverine, you’re not falling for this girl that can’t even make it through a day without fainting. With her unnatural colored hair, bright eyes, and punky clothing.

All the kids were lying around in the theater room watching some low budget comedy.

She was laughing her ass off, her smile made the sides of my mouth tug up into a half smile, good thing the lights were off otherwise Shades would of said something.

Soon she stood up stretching, and informed Rouge that she was heading to bed.

I had to follow her, to make sure she was safely in her room. A few minutes after she left the room I stood to follow her.

When I got up to my room I saw the bathroom light was on from the underside of the door.

What was it with this girl that made me want to protect her, no matter what it took?

The light went off soon after and I heard her digging in her closet, just like she did the night before. I heard it with my keen hearing. What was she doing with in there?

I heard her mutter “Night mom and Dad!” and she went quiet.

I sat there in my chair smoking cigar after cigar until I heard it, the sound of her sleeping safely.

I need to get out of here! I stood up and made my way to the garage.