Status: In progress.

Turn It Into Magic

Coffee Run

"Abi!" Pogo yelled weakly, wincing at the sound of his own loud voice. The rest of the men in the room each groaned or cursed, grabbing their heads as if to hold off the resonating headache.

"Shut up!" Zim hissed quietly, shielding his eyes from the light that was seeping in from the curtain that they had forgotten to shut in their drunken haze.

Very slowly, the door opened and Elizabeth peeked her head in. "Do you guys need something?" she asked softly, trying not to cause them any more discomfort. Beind her, Twiggy peeked into the room, trying to see what Marilyn had done to himself.

"Can you close the windows? And get us some coffee?" Marilyn croaked, pointing to the window. "Probably some aspirin, too."

"No problem. It'll probably take a while to get that much coffee made, though. Do you think you guys can wait that long?" Elizabeth questioned as she stepped over the limbs of the men who were sprawled out on the floor.

"I don't care. As long as we get it," Trent groaned, covering his eyes with his arm. They had all climbed up the stairs in a drunken stupor as soon as their mothers had left and passed out in the first vacant hospital room/bedroom they could find.

"Okay. We'll be back in a few minutes," Abi said from her place in the doorframe. Elizabeth wound her way back across the sprawled out bodies and met Abi in the doorframe. From there, the two of them left with Twiggy following behind them like a puppy who was unsure of what to do with himself.

When they reached the kitchen, Abi stopped and looked at Twiggy and Elizabeth. "I regret calling their mothers."

"Why? They're nice ladies. Fun to talk to," Twiggy nodded with a smile. "Besides, old people always have the good gossip, because they don't have anything better to do."

"Of course you'd be interested in gossip," Abi said emotionlessly, turning to the coffee pot. Abi and Elizabeth had eaten their breakfast in the kitchen that morning since it was surprisingly quiet, and had drank excessive amounts of that coffee. Of course, all that was left was a bit of liquid that wouldn't even fill one quarter of a cup.

"Well aren't you? I don't ever bother to look it up. I'm too busy with other shit," Twiggy shrugged. "The best way to get it is from them."

Abi nodded absently and opened the cupboard in preparation to make more coffee. Inside was nothing but an empty space and some filters. Sighing, she turned to Elizabeth. "Can you check the pantry for the coffee?"

"Of course." Elizabeth walked over to the pantry where all the extra supplies were kept and looked through the stash. Due to John's habit of organizing whatever he could get his hands on, everything was in alphabetical order by the type of food. Around the area where the C items were kept, there was no coffee. Just to be sure, she checked the rest of the pantry in case Pogo moved it before he got wasted just to annoy as many people as possible.

"Is it there?" Abi sighed, closing the cupboard.

"No."

"I'll go check upstairs," Abi said emotionlessly, referring to the office she and Elizabeth shared. Shrugging, Elizabeth jumped up to sit on the cupboard, which was much more comfortable than standing and took less effort than finding a chair to sit in. Following her example, Twiggy also jumped onto the counter next to her.

"I just can't believe you gossip with those women," she said, rolling her eyes.

"They're actually very interesting! You should join us next time," Twiggy said, looking at Elizabeth earnestly.

"Yeah. I'll think about that." Elizabeth listened for Abi walking down the stairs. She heard nothing, so she continued making conversation with Twiggy. "So. Anything interesting happen last night? Aside from conversing with everyone's parents."

"Not really. After they left, I didn't have anything to do, so I went to bed. I had the craziest dream, too," the bassist said, sounding a bit confused.

"Oh really? Tell me about it," Elizabeth urged. Twiggy almost always had crazy dreams that involved a lot of chaos and underlying messages. They were perfect for gathering story ideas from.

"Well, Marilyn and I got into a fight because Ginger was taking too long in the shower, so he got angry and sold me to a human trafficking ring. I got picked up by this big black dude, and I had to get in his car. It was terrifying." The bassist shuddered slightly at the memory of the dream and the things he knew the man would do to him.

"You know, I read somewhere that dreams are your most internal, animalistic desires," Elizabeth pointed out as she mulled over the dream in her mind. Twiggy's face dropped and he stared the girl in horror.

"That's disturbing," he stated bluntly.

"Yes, it is, but not as disturbing as the fact that you like big bl-"

"There's no fucking coffee anywhere!" Abi announced as she walked into the room, defeated. "I don't know where the hell it all went, because I know we don't drink that much of it, but it's gone now."

"Shit. We're going to have to go tell them that we need more time to get their coffee," Elizabeth sighed, hopping off of the counter. "Anyone want to come with me?"

No one stepped forward to accompany Elizabeth to break the bad news. Sighing, she turned and walked up the stairs slowly, not looking forward to her next task. She reached the room and opened the door slowly, peeking inside.

"Guys?" A grunt in response came from the room. "I've got some bad news. Um, we're out of coffee."

A groan was emitted from all the men, followed by another softer groan as the first one was too loud and hurt their already aching heads.

"I'm sorry. We'll run out to Starbucks and bring you back something. Can you guys wait like, another half hour?" Elizabeth asked hesitantly.

"Yes! Yes, just go!" Pogo growled, waving his arm vaguely in the air. Quickly, she closed the door and ran down the stairs. In the kitchen, Abi and Twiggy were staring at the coffee pot intently, as if that would somehow cause the coffee to magically appear there.

"What's the verdict?" Abi asked.

"We're going to Starbucks."

___________

The line at the famous coffee shop was incredibly long and felt like it was taking hours to the two impatient females. Twiggy, on the other hand, was observing the menu, trying to decide what he wanted to drink. In a booth a few feet away, there was excited whispering and titters from a few girls.

"Is there something on my face?" Twiggy asked self-conciously, looking at he girls who were staring at him.

Elizabeth turned to examine the bassist's face. "No, you look fine. Why?"

"Well, they keep looking at me and laughing," Twiggy said quietly, nodding toward the girls. Elizabeth and Abi also turned to look. There, two chubby goth girls sat, staring at Twiggy as they whispered and giggled amongst themselves.

"Don't pay any mind to them. They're probably just laughing at something else," Abi said. She patted the bassist's back, trying to reassure him. He nodded, but he still looked worried and continued to chew on his lip.

"Are you sure there's nothing? Like, my hair's not messed up, either?" Twiggy suddenly asked several minutes later.

"Twiggy! You look as amazing as you do every day! Now shush and quit caring about what other people think of you," Elizabeth scolded quietly. The bassist nodded again, but he still looked as unsure as before.

After a few more moments, Twiggy's worried brown eyes fell on Elizabeth and Abi. "I think I'm going to go to the bathroom and check. Just to make sure," he said.

"Twiggy, you look fine! But if it'll make you feel better, I don't mind that you go," Elizabeth sighed.

"If I don't get back in time, I don't care what you order me, as long as its hot and tastes like vanilla," he grinned, then walked off in the general direction of the bathroom.

The line continued to move slowly and continued to piss Abi off. She nearly snapped when she felt someone tap on her shoulder. "What?!" she hissed, turning around. There behind her were the two giggling goth girls.

One girl stepped forward, peeked over her shoulder at her friend, burst out in another fit of obnoxious giggles, then asked, "Is that Twiggy?"

Annoyance almost caused Abi's eye to twitch. Supressing the urge to brutally murder both girls, she replied, "Yes."

"Twiggy Ramirez?"

"Obviously."

Both goth girls looked at each other with wide eyes and exclaimed, "OH MY GAWD!"

Abi rolled her eyes and stepped forward to place her order. "Just give me ten-"

"I'm going to faint!"

"...of your largest black coffees-"

"He's so sexy!"

"... and three that taste like vanilla."

"I can't believe we're in the same room as him!"

As Abi paid, Elizabeth tried glaring down the girls to get them to shut up, as they were causing a scene and she didn't want to be associated with such people. Of course, they were oblivious to the staring.

When Twiggy stepped out of the bathroom and walked back over to Elizabeth and Abi - looking much happier - the girls pounced on him.

"Oh my gawd, I can't believe you're actually Twiggy Ramirez!"

"I can't believe you're at Starbucks! I love Starbucks!"

"Can I have your autograph?"

"Will you take a picture with me? Hang on, lemme get my phone..."

"Excuse me, ma'am, but your order is here," said the man working there, pushing a take-home tray filled with drinks. Out of nowhere, Twiggy burst out in tears as the goth girls became more persistant. Slowly, the goth chicks backed away from Twiggy, looking absolutely terrified.

"Nice job, assholes," Elizabeth hissed at the girls as she ran to wrap an arm around Twiggy. Abi grabbed the coffee and glared at the girls as they escorted Twiggy from the coffee shop. As soon as they climbed into the car, Twiggy dried his eyes and burst out laughing.

"Are you okay?" Elizabeth asked, confused by the bassist's strange behavior.

"Yeah. I just wanted to get them the fuck away from me," Twiggy grinned. "Now lets go home and get them their coffee before Trent and Pogo have a bitchfit."

__________

"What the hell took you so long?" Pogo groaned, reaching his arm out as Elizabeth handed him his coffee.

"Look, there was a huge line and then these goth chicks tried to rape Twiggy," she replied.

"Were they fat?"

"Yes."

Pogo shuddered as a response and sat up, leaning his head against the wall. "This better still be hot, or I'll be so pissed."

"Where's Ginger? I thought he'd like some coffee," Abi asked, confused at the drummer's absence.

"He's in the bathroom," Trent replied.

"What about John?"

"He's holding Ginger's hair."

"Oh. Well I'll just leave their coffee here... if they come back," Abi said, setting their steaming drinks on the nightstand. "Do you guys need anything else?"

"I could think of a few things," Pogo snickered as he brought the coffee up to his lips.

"No hookers, alcohol, drugs, or anything else along those lines. You have a hangover," Abi pointed out emotionlessly.

"You're no fun."

Abi sighed and shook her head, but held back her comments. "Call if you need anything. And I mean important things. Like food or aspirin," she said.

"But it hurts to yell!" Pogo protested, already wincing at the pain he felt just from raising his voice.

"You'll get over it." With that, Abi walked from the room, followed by Twiggy and Elizabeth. When they got back down to the kitchen, they spotted the still-empty coffee pot.

"I'm so glad you bought extras for us," Elizabeth said, reaching for her coffee. "I don't think I can handle any more adventures."
♠ ♠ ♠
If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it if you'd offer them. (:
xoxo.
P.S. This story is officially old enough to drink! [21 chapters]