Status: In progress.

Turn It Into Magic

Human Chessboard

"MARILYN FUCKING MANSON!"

The shriek pierced the early-morning air of the hospital and startled nearly everyone in it. In a matter of seconds, everyone rushed down the stairs to see what was going on.

At the door of the ballroom stood Abigail wearing her pajamas. She was pounding on the locked door and yelling at the men who had trapped themselves inside of it once more.

"Did he go back in there?" Twiggy asked sadly. He had wandered down the stairs in his nightgown, rubbing his eyes. The closest person to him was Elizabeth, who had decided to keep her distance and stand by the banister rather than try to stop Abi.

"I'm afraid he did, Twiggs," Elizabeth replied, patting the man on the back. "And I believe Pogo and Tim have gone with him."

"Aw, I thought he was going to stay out of there," Twiggy murmured, sounding utterly dejected. Elizabeth sighed and pulled him in for a hug. During this time, Abi was still screaming incoherent profanity at the top of her lungs as she pounded on the door.

Zim and Trent leaned against one of the walls, observing the scene with a morbid amusement. Both men were curious to see how the situation played out, but wanted no part in the scene. They knew that it was best to remain neutral; the minute you picked a side was the minute the other person tried to murder you.

A few scream-filled moments later, Sara Lee and Iggy had come to join Zim and Trent. Both looked utterly confused as they watched Abi attempt to break down the door with words and her fists.

"I'm assuming they went back in there," Iggy said, not even having to ask to know that they had.

"That assumption is correct," Trent sighed, looking at Twiggy with a disjointed feeling of sympathy.

"Anyone know why they went back?" Iggy wondered aloud, looking at the two men beside her.

"Nope. I haven't really been up long enough to find out," Zim shrugged. "I'm sure we'll figure it out soon enough."

"I find it amazing that she even figured it out so quickly. I don't think I would have noticed until tomorrow," Sara Lee mused, watching as Elizabeth guided Twiggy toward the group of them.

"You haven't been here long enough to know that she's got this intuition that lets her know when Pogo's doing something stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if that same intuition has zoned in on Manson and Tim by now," Zim said, shaking his head.

"Guys, what's going on?" The hiss came from the dining room and was followed by a bit of shuffling.

"Pogo, Marilyn, and Tim are back in the ballroom," Trent replied, also whispering.

"Okay. Ginge, it's okay to come out." After this was said, John appeared from the other room, pulling Ginger along after him. The drummer didn't look very happy with the situation.

"How're you guys doing?" Trent asked with a smug smile, knowing full well how everyone was feeling.

"Just fan-fucking-tastic, Trent. Thanks for asking," Ginger snapped sarcastically. Even this brought a small giggle to Twiggy's lips.

"Sounds like someone had a rough night," the bassist laughed, slightly pelvic-thrusting in order to make sure he got his point across to the other men. Even Trent smirked, but Ginger wasn't having any of it.

"I just want to go to bed and lay there all day, but I can't fucking do it with all that yelling," he grumbled, looking somewhat self-concious.

"Hey, Ginge," John murmured, pulling on his lover's hand. "I'm sure this'll get sorted out soon enough. Then you'll be able to sit in bed for as long as you want."

"Argh! I give up! There's no getting through to those fucking imbiciles," Abi said loudly, adding extra emphasis to the last two words, making sure that the men inside the ballroom heard her.

"SEX."

"DON'T EVEN TEST ME, POGO!" Abi shouted, then turned to the group that was staring at her. "Elizabeth, Iggy, come on, let's go upstairs. The rest of you can go on back to your rooms, too. There's not going to be any more noises for a while."

Everyone parted with grumbled goodbyes, complaints of being woken up, and the sighs of relief as they realized a warm bed was nearly in their grasp.

"I'm going to strangle the three of them when they finally get their asses out here. I can guarantee you that much," Abi growled as she stormed up the stairs. "Now my fucking hands and throat hurt."

"Well..." Elizabeth started, then thought better of it. "Nevermind. Just go to bed. I'm sure they'll get bored of their little game if you don't give them the attention they want."

__________

"You are not going to believe what they did now."

Abi's head snapped up, automatically going into destruction mode. "What did they do?"

Zim hesitated before responding. "There's girls in costumes walking into the ballroom. They don't look like nice girls, either," he said, jerking his thumb behind him.

"How long ago did they get here?" she asked, her eyes flicking from Zim to her two friends.

"I noticed them just as the last few were giggling their way in," the guitarist said, rolling his eyes.

"I honestly just... can't believe them," Iggy sighed. "I haven't even been here a month, and..."

"You'll get used to it," Elizabeth sighed. "But we should probably discuss what we're going to do about this."

"There's nothing to discuss," Abi sighed, surprisingly calm. She set down her cup of coffee, clasped her hands, and continued. "They've obviously got something going on in there. They're most likely trying to get a reaction out of us. I know, it's ironic for me to say this, but we should leave them alone until they call us in there. Because I know they will."

"Besides, I'm sure Marilyn will have to deal with Twiggy's wrath soon enough," Zim pointed out. "He's a very jealous person."

"Exactly," Abi said. She picked her coffee back up and took a sip. "It's only a matter of time be-"

"Everyone in the building, please report to the ballroom," Tim's voice sounded over the intercom.

Abi smiled. "There's our cue."

__________

"My God."

Everyone who inhabited the hospital had entered the ballroom and stopped dead in front of the door, gaping at the sight before them. The entire floor had been transformed into a giant life-size chessboard and the chess pieces were women in skimpy costumes.

"I'm speechless," Abi whispered, her eyes wide open.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the debut of Marilyn and Pogo's life size chess board!" Tim announced, motioning to the men, who both took a bow. "Please take a seat."

Confused, everyone sat down somewhere against the wall, trying to keep their distance from the board itself. On the balcony, there were two armchairs, and Pogo and Marilyn each took one.

"I can't believe he'd associate himself with those...women," Twiggy pouted, crossing his arms.

"Aw, Twiggy, I'm sure he's got a good reason for it," Elizabeth offered, trying to console the bassist. He grumbled something unintelligable and continued to glare at his lover, but he said nothing more.

Soon, both men began to command their regiments, using words that no one - aside from the women - knew or really cared to learn. They learned quickly that Pogo's side was black and Marilyn's was red.

Minutes passed quickly and soon enough, it was down to just a few of the 'pieces' left on the board. Everyone in the crowd was getting restless. Iggy had gotten up several times to get drinks and snacks for everyone. Twiggy had begun to doze off on John's shoulder.

"CHECKMATE!" The sudden shout made everyone jump. "Pogo wins!"

"I knew you would," Marilyn pointed out, laughing. "There was no doubt in my mind that you would study strategies to win."

"Oh, Marilyn. I didn't study any strategies," Pogo scoffed, "I knew them already."

"For Christ's sake, you guys. Why?" Abi sighed, gripping the bridge of her nose. Beside her, the women in costumes began to file out quickly, obviously not impressed by their surroundings.

"To piss you off," Pogo smiled brightly. "For inviting our mothers over."

"All this... for inviting over your mom?" Elizabeth asked, unable to comprehend their reasoning. "They were hardly here three hours!"

"Are you going to invite our parents over again?" Pogo asked.

"No! Not if this is what's going to happen!" Elizabeth exclaimed.

"Then our plan worked, didn't it?"

Abi and Elizabeth deadpanned. "Let's just go back to being one big, dysfunctional family."

"Sounds good to me."
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter sucks, I know. And, unfortunately, it's the last chapter. D: Although there is a chance that I'll come back and continue this eventually, I'm just having an incredibly hard time writing this story right now and I don't want to subject you to more and more shitty chapters. ):
That being said, I've had an amazing time writing this. It's come a long way since the first chapter, which was posted in April. Thanks to Abi and Iggy for being kind enough to allow me to use you in this story and for offering me ideas when I needed them (which was a lot). Also thanks to my DeviantArt readers and mycuteemogirl for commenting. Thanks so much, you guys. You've definitely made this worth writing! :D
Like I said, there's a chance I'll come back to this in a while, because I've got a bunch of ideas written down. And I'll be posting more Manson stories every so often, so keep up on that. (:
This is getting pretty long, so thanks again, everyone. You're all amazing. (:
xoxo.