Status: Freshman year writing

Never Have I Fallen, But I'm Fallin For You

I Lost My Best Friend

Tears started to swell up in my eyes. I grab my bag and run down stairs and out the door. I jumped in the car and blared Undead by Hollywood Undead. That was the only song that comforted me. I arrive home and run upstairs. I slam and lock my door. I continue to play Undead from where I left it in the car. I plop on my bed. I grab a pillow and start to cry my eyes out. I hear a slight knock on my door. I could hardly hear due to the ringing I heard in my ears. I turn down the music and open the door. It was Brett. I froze. "May I come in?" Brett said. HIs voice seemed way deeper than 30 minutes ago. Or maybe it was always like that and I just never paid attention. "Listen Ellie, I've been thinking that we shouldn't be friends anymore because of certain complications of affection. So I just came to say good bye. Forever. "Brett said resolved. "No Brett please! I can't live with out you. Don't do this to me please..." I said crying. I felt my face get hot and red. "Do this to YOU?!" Brett was furious. "Ellie you've done this to me since ever and you dont' even know what!!!" He said. "Like what?!" I replied. I was so confused. "Not knowing that I LOVE YOU!!! I've always loved you and that's why we can't be friends anymore. I'm sorry Ellie." Brett said in a whisper. I just stood there. It felt like the wind was knocked out of me. I run downstairs after Brett and out the front door. Brett started to leave. "Brett. Please. Don't. Go". I said in between sobs. "Bye Ellie." He barely spoke loud enough for me to hear him. I knew it was painful for him just as it was painful for me.

I stand there breathless gasping for air. "No." I said. Or i thought i said it. Nothing came out of my mouth. I clutched my stomach and fell to the ground. Brett. Gone. Forever. I will never repeat never, see my best friend again. Wait. What about school? I'll see him at school. Life isn't over yet. Thank God. I get off the ground with some confidence knowing that I'm going to see Brett at school. I walk back into the house with a slight smile on my face. My mom looks at me wiht a confused look on her face. "What was all that about? My mom asked. "Oh that? It was a just uh......this skit that we had to put together for drama class. Pretty convincing huh? Yeup that's what I thought. Later mom." I tried to say it with as much enthusiasm as I could. But even with my best attempt, I think my mom barely bought it. I closed my eyes trying not to remember what just happened. I wince from the pain it brought. I quickly go upstairs to my room. I run and jump on my bed. I grab a pillow and again start to cry my eyes out knowing that Brett means everything he says. Which made me cry even more. I hear a slight knock on my door. I lift my head. "Yes." I said in a muffled voice. "Honey? May I come in? I have your favorite cookies. Chocolate chip." My mom said sweetly. "Come in." I said trying to dry my face as much as possible. It was really hard trying to not look like I was crying. My make-up was almost ruined but I tried to make it look presentable. My mom finds me perfectly calm playin on my iphone. "Thanks for the cookies mom." I said casually. She hands me the plate. "Everything ok?" My mom said. "Yeah. Totally." I didn't even believe myself. "Well hunn, you should get some rest you have a big day tomorrow." My mom said comfortingly. "Ok Mom." I said tired. I really was tired from a drama filled day. I grab my pjs and put them on. I slide myself into bed. I lay there awake. Wondering what to do next. I slowly start to close my eyes.