Status: Hiatus! But comment anyway (:

Postcards from Seoul

The First Postcard

Did you know that the one place in the world where everyone gets lost is at the airport? No, Rina didn’t know but she could see why. This airport was probably as big as the small town she grew up in.

She realized that she probably should have read that book she’d brought because there were very little amounts of English in this airport. Did she have the courage to speak to one of the workers? Hell no. Did she have the brains to guess her way to where she could pick up her bags? Probably, but yet again her courage failed her. Having a small moment of mental panic she didn’t notice the lady waving a hand in front of her eyes. When she did, the older woman laughed.

“You’re...” she held some papers in her left hand “... Rina right?” her American accent was heavily influenced by Korean – but Rina was so happy to hear her own language in a foreign country she didn’t care.

“Yes, Yes oh thank you so much” she exclaimed “You’re the woman from the dorms right?” she nodded “and here you thought you were going to have to find the way by yourself, eh?” Almost crying in relief, she simply just nodded and followed the other woman.

“I have some bad news” the woman, who had introduced herself as Lydia Woo “The dorms of the school are full so you’ve been moved” she drummed her fingers lightly on the steering wheel and nudged the gas pedal as they sped towards the city. Rina couldn’t help but gawk at the pretty lights.

“I’ve arranged for you to live at a hostel, but you’ll have room mates” Lydia shot her a quick glance “Do you have a problem with that?”

Rina thought that even if she did have a problem with it, it didn’t matter. She needed a place to stay, and Lydia seemed as if she would be the closest thing she’d have to a mother down here.

“Not at all” she smiled “Not at all”

**

“I trust it you’ll be alright on your own from here?” Lydia asked, handing her the rest of her bags as they stood outside the door to the apartment that would be Rinas home for the next few months “If you have any problems, ask my son for my number and I’ll come as soon as I can” and with that she gave her shoulder a slight hug and hurried down the hall.

... Did she just say ‘son’?

Puzzled, Rina unlocked the door with her new gained keys and as the doors swung open, a pile of humans laid before her feet.
7 guys moaning and groaning in pain, yelling in Korean – but one clear voice rang in a language she’d understand anywhere.

“YAH! WATCH OUT!”
♠ ♠ ♠
The first few chapters are me trying to decide what style to write in. Please bear with it (and the grammar errors. There's a lot of those...)