Status: Next few chapters being written

Dear Stranger

Letter #1

Dear Stranger,

I'm not popular. I don't mean to say I'm one of those introverted kids who sits in the back of every classroom, skulks from class to class, and prays that no one notices me. I mean I have friends, a bunch actually, but I'm not gonna be prom queen any time soon.

I have three best friends, ten or fifteen really good friends, and then a whole bunch of acquaintances. The thing I don't get is why, though. Why do I have friends? Why do people like me?

I can list quite a few people that I know for a fact don't like me. There's probably more that I don't know of though. They think I'm annoying. They think I'm mean. They think I'm gross. Whatever they think, I find that easier to understand than people liking me.

I'm not nice most of the time. I'm sarcastic. I'm awkward around people I don't know. I don't like when people get too close to me, physically and metaphorically. I don't get why people like me, and are such good friends to me.

When you don't even like yourself, how are you to understand why other people do?

From,
The Lonely Stranger
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is an idea I've had playing around in my head. Some of these chapters/letters will be some of my own thoughts, and some of them will be thoughts that I've made up for this nameless character of mine.

Comment and tell me what you think about this, I'm not too sure of it yet.

~Kathleen