Status: Next few chapters being written

Dear Stranger

Letter #3

Dear Stranger,

A few summers ago there was a homeless man living in our community park. He had created a little shelter for himself by ripping up cardboard boxes and taping them together again into a sort of functioning wall. He then taped three of them to a large oak tree behind some bushes where he hid out during the day and then went to pilfer things from the trash at night.

The man had this old stuffed dog that he carried around with him and talked to. My friends and I had overheard him calling it Spot once and having a conversation with it. We made fun of him. He always heard us whenever we passed, loudly commenting on the insane old man in the park, and he would shout after us that he’d set Spot on us one day.

Well one day my friend dared me to steal Spot. I knew that if I didn’t my friends would make fun of me just as nastily as they had done to the man, so I did it. We hung around the park until dusk when the man would come out to go pilfering. He had placed Spot down on the ground to try and pull his torn old coat tighter around him though the night was warm and muggy. I dodged into the bushes, grabbed Spot, and sprinted away with my friends.

He chased us, screaming at us that we were little dog-nappers. We eventually hid in some bushes and he ran right past us.

I can still remember his sobs and his heartbreaking shouts that his best friend was gone.

From,
The Guilty Stranger
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I made this one up about ten minutes ago. The "secret" was going to be something different but when I started typing it just came out to this.

Anyway, tell us what you think! Comments and constructive criticism are greatly appreciated =D

~Kathleen