Status: Next few chapters being written

Dear Stranger

Letter #5

Dear Stranger,

You remember that kid from high school, whether it be a boy or a girl, that just seemed so...perfect? They had the perfect hair, perfect body, perfect grades, perfect friends and the perfect personality? They seemed like they could do no wrong; students hailed the ground they walked on and teachers praised them constantly. You wanted to hate them, but they were just so damn likeable that you couldn't.

I remember that kid.

She was my best friend and I loved her to death, but wanted to hate her at the same time. I was pretty, she was gorgeous. I got good grades, she got better grades. I had a few close friends, she was close to the entire school. Whenever I liked a guy, he liked her instead of me.

All through high school I lived in her shadow. I got used to it though, accepted it even. She was the one everyone wanted, and I would always be second best. The worst part though was she never noticed. She never noticed that everyone preferred her over me. She would set me up to hang out with a guy, not realizing he was one of the many who was in love with her. She would invite me to hang out with her and her other friends, not realizing that they didn't like me.

I hated her for that.

From,
The Envious Stranger
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually teared up while writing this.

~Kathleen