Status: Completed. :D Under Construction. New Chapters Are Posted In Place Of Old Ones.

I think this is more than just puppy love

Fighting and Surpirses

Emily POV

I promised myself that I was going to tell him to forget it. But now why do I have this weird feeling in my chest?

Why should I even care what he was thinking when he decided to kiss me? It was nothing. David picked up the rest of the popcorn and went into the kitchen. I sat in the couch and put my head in my hands. Why can’t I stop thinking about it?

“Damn, you look like you stayed up an entire night.”

Damn David. He went to stand in front of the TV and put the movie back in its box.

“Shut up, David.”

“Make me.”

He was still facing the TV when I stood on coffee table and silently leaned over next to his ear. I can’t believe he didn’t hear me. I yelled,

“Shut up!”

He jumped right in the wall beside him. I burst out laughing so hard that I, myself, fell off the table and on knees clutching my stomach. Tears were flowing down my cheeks. It wasn’t until David picked me up, threw over his shoulder that I finally stopped.

“What the hell David! Put me down!”

“Make me.”

I struggled against his hold. I thought I was going to hit his back when all of a sudden he let go and I fell straight to the floor. I screamed, got up and pushed him. He pushed me back. I pushed him again. This time instead of pushing me back David pushed me up a wall with my hands held beside my head. He leaned over close to my face.

“Don’t push me.”

I have got to admit that I was a bit scared at his voice. But that didn’t stop me from being angry at him.

“Like you like to quote: Make me.”

He was about to say something else when Jerry called me. David immediately let go of me. I ran back into the living room.

“What’s up?” I asked Jerry.

“Nothing…hey um…want to go see a movie with me tonight?”

“Why? It’s a Sunday. We have school tomorrow.”

Why did I have to make an excuse?

“You don’t have to go if you don’t want to.”

“Yeah sure why not. I was just saying.”

“What were just saying?” Sam asked.

Were going to see a movie.” I told her.

“Ooh can we come?”

“I think Jerry meant just them.” Erik told her. But for some strange reason I wanted them to come.

“Oh ok then.”

“No! You should go. We wouldn’t mind. Right Jerry?”

“Um…I guess not. But what about David? Is he going?” His face fell when I wanted Sam to go.

“I was supposed to go anyway. I’m meeting Denise there.”

He smirked and put his shoes on. Jerry was glaring at him. Why in the world would he glare?

“Why?” He asked.

“Because she asked me to meet her there?”

It sounded more like a question. I shook my head trying to get the stupid images of what they could do in that dark loud where no one could them theater out. Jerry’s face suddenly changed. Like he just remembered something. Then it lit up.

“Oh. We could give you a ride?” He said excitedly.

“Sweetness.”

“Well…I’m going to put my shoes on. Come with me Erik.” Sam said grabbing his hand.

He smirked when she started to pull him toward the steps. As they were passing the kitchen he pulled her in. She screamed surprised by the sudden movement. I laughed.

“Hey I’m going to use the restroom before we go. Be right back.”

Jerry walked out fast. Looks like he really had to go. David laughed at the way he walked. I looked back at him. He just finished fixing his pants. Our eyes met. For some strange reason I couldn’t look away. He got up and was going to walk out of the living room but he had to walk around me. As he passed he pushed me to the side.

“Stop staring at me.”

“Why would I want to stare at you?” I scoffed.

“Because it’s me.”

“You’re not a reason.”

“What?” He looked confused.

“Nothing.”

~Theater~

Once we voted on which movie to see we ended choosing Avatar. We got popcorn. Well more like everyone but Sam. She always got nachos when we came to the movies. When we were seated down I was next to Jerry and Sam. We got lucky to find a row left with six seats together. Almost every seat was taken. In the end was David. On the other side was Erik. So it was David, Denise next to him, Jerry on the other side of her, then it is me, beside me is Sam, and finally it is Erik.

During the middle of the movie Jerry wanted more soda. After giving me the puppy dog eyes I went. I really didn’t want to come. The movie was really good. No wonder it has some awesome reviews. What was really cool was that it was free refill day. They should do it everyday. On my way back I kind of took my time.

Going up the stairs I heard the action from the screen behind me. David is so into the movie that he didn’t notice me standing beside him. I was going to nudge him with my knee when the sight in front of me surprised me. I didn’t even know when the soda fell out of my hands and into David’s lap. He jumped cold with the ice still in his lap.

He was about to scream when he saw what I was looking at. David glanced over to see that Denise and Jerry were kissing…