Status: Completed. :D Under Construction. New Chapters Are Posted In Place Of Old Ones.

I think this is more than just puppy love

Excuses

Emily POV

How can David think he can be like this? Think he’s all mighty being able to walk away from me. Fine then he wants to be that way then so can I.

Angry I shoved my books in my locker. Good thing I didn’t have homework tonight. Not like I was going to do it anyway. I walked outside to Sam and Erik.

“Are we going to leave or what?” I asked a bit too rudely. Sam looked a little hurt. Damn David, always has too cause something bad. Erik answered before Sam could.

“We’re going to my house.”

“Fine.”

I turned and headed to the school’s exit. Maybe some fresh air is what I need. A good twenty minute I don’t want to go to that stupid house and face a stupid someone. Five minutes later I realized how out of shape I am. I really need to start exercising more. AND I couldn’t believe I didn’t notice that it was about to rain. The dark clouds over my head didn’t lift my mood.

Suddenly, there was a buzzing sound of a car behind me. I kept walking as if I didn’t hear it. The car stopped. The door opened and closed. Again I kept walking. Good thing I’m hearing my iPod. I was passing the park. People were laughing and some were throwing rocks in the lake. My forearm was grabbed and I was turned around. Of course the only person who thought they could do that is David. I sighed and tried to walk away. Surely, David followed me.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!”

Thunder cracked in the distance and the people started to leave. My damn pride had to get ahead of me.

“What is wrong with you David?!”

I didn’t look at him afraid of losing my cool.

“I tried to do something fucking nice for you!”

I stopped.

“And what was that?! You asked what the hell is wrong with me! Some nice shit you do!”

“It’s about to rain!”

“And I don’t give a damn!”

Thunder cracked once more and the first drops began to fall. I cursed myself for not bringing my jacket. And my mom had warned me before I left for school. Instead I left without even telling her and my dad goodbye they left for their business trip. I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction of him being right. I just walked faster. David made me stop by walking in front of me.

“Why are you mad at me?”

I sighed tilting my head up letting the rain fall on me. I really didn’t want to deal with him right now. Especially since my parents aren’t going to be home until tomorrow night. I feel so lonely.

“Can you move?” I asked in a defeated tone.

“Not until you tell me.”

I couldn’t hold it anymore. I let the tears fall. All the stress from before and now are falling down my cheeks. I ran around him and all the way to my house. I’m guessing he knew I was crying because he didn’t follow me. How much I want this day to end.

David POV

Was Emily just crying? The one who was able to take any crap from everybody? The one who gave my brother a black eye?

When I got home I went straight to Erik’s room. I barged in. Thank god they were just doing homework.

“Look at what you caused!” I yelled at them. I couldn’t come up with anything else.

“Its not our fault its raining David.” Sam said.

“I went because you told me to. And know shes crying.”

“What are you talking about?” She really looked confused.

“Emily. Who else would I talk about?”

“I didn’t ask for you to do anything. As I recall, after we told you, you went deep into thought then left.”

It was my turn to be confused. Erik laughed at my expression.

“Dude we just told she went in the direction of her house then you left that way. We really didn’t tell you to go follow her.” He explained.

“Then who did?”

Sam got up and did a little victory dance. Both me and Erik looked at her like she grew a second head. She turned to me.

“She made you think about her. Made your brain come up with excuses to go after her. Made you follow her.”

I stood there thinking she was wrong when I finally remembered the conversation we had when I came out the school.

“That is so not true.”

“Yes it is. And I bet you right now that once you leave you aren’t going to be able to forget what I said or what she looked like before you or her left. And you might even call to apologize.”

“You don’t know me at all.”

“After three years, yes I do. And I know Emily will allow you talk to her because she has a big heart….her parents aren’t here.”

She finished quietly. What?

“Her parents are at a business deal. There not coming till tomorrow. That’s probably why she was crying….what the hell is wrong with you David?!”

She answered my unasked question and yelled at me. I looked at Erik hoping he will get me out of this. But he raised his hands in defeat. No wonder he’s Sam’s bitch.

“I didn’t know her parents weren’t hear. And she screamed back at me.”

I tried to defend myself. She put her hand out.

“Give me the keys to your car.”

“What?”

“I said: give me the keys to your car.”

I hesitantly gave her my keys. She put them in her pocket. I stared confusedly at her.

“Once you apologize to her I will give you the keys back.”

“No give them to me.”

I tried to step forward but Erik got in the way. Damn. I forget he was there. I sighed, glared at the both of them, and then left. It’s still raining like no tomorrow and they want me to go all the way to her house. I let out a big breath and walked into the rain. Of course I got soaked instantly. I began to run. Ten minutes later I was in front of Emily’s door. By the time I got here I realized this is stupid. I kept turning around but turned right back around by that nagging feeling in my chest.

Finally after literally hitting myself I rang the door bell. This better be worth it.