Status: Completed. :D Under Construction. New Chapters Are Posted In Place Of Old Ones.

I think this is more than just puppy love

Break up to Make up

David POV

After I punched Andrew in the face I didn’t wait for him to recover. I instantly threw him to the ground and started to beat the living crap out of him. When he hid his face I went for his stomach. When he covered his stomach I attacked his face. Damn this guy is just too easy. I think the only good time he got me was when he slapped me. At one point I realized that Erik and some other guys were trying to break us apart.

I was ready to pull Andrew to shreds. Why you ask. I guess I got too jealous. Part of it was the fact that Emily didn’t tell me. I probably would have thought something bad but not after she explained things to me. The security guards came rushing in. They grabbed us by the arms and pulled us out the arcade and mall exit. Both of them made sure that Andrew got in his car and left before they left themselves. I was surprised they didn’t call like the real police. Most likely because of not knowing what to do. They looked like they were in their early twenties. Sam and Erik came running out. Where the hell is Emily? Don’t tell me she’s hiding from me. Well…I did kinda loose my cool.

“Where’s Emily?” I asked once they were in earshot of me.

“She left toward the other exit?” Sam said. I remember I had the keys to her car. I drove out the parking lot thinking of places she could be. I vaguely remember her telling me she loved this old tree house like five minutes from here. I quickly turned the car and headed that way.

When I got there I turned the car off and walked to front ladder that leads up to the tree house. I slowly climbed it. I lightly knocked the door. I knew she was here. I opened the door and stepped inside. Emily was in the corner hiding her face in her hands. I sighed and went to sit next to her.

“Emily can I ask you a question?”

“You already did.” She mumbled into her hands. But it still being audible to me.

“Can I ask you two questions then?”

“You already did.” This time she looked up at me. Her face held sadness but her eyes showed that humor.

“What?”

“Why did you run?”

“I’m scared of you.” Her face suddenly became serious.

“Why?”

“David I don’t know if you noticed but you made Andrew fall down like a sack of potatoes. And let’s just say you didn’t look that happy.”

“Yeah but that was a long time ago.”

“Five minutes is not a long time.”

“It’s not. Why didn’t you tell me?” She looked down again.

“I thought it would ruin what we had.” I grabbed her chin so that she could look at me. Just the lightest of kissed is what I gave her.

“You’re not off the hook. I’m still mad.” I said.

“Look I’m sorry David. I just got scared of your face. That and I thought you would be totally mad at me.”

“I’m mad but I’m not showing you. Why? I know you would try to run away from me like you did.”

She stared at me for couple seconds before sighing and looking down. She was fiddling with her fingers. As I thought about it, it did feel kind of awkward. And as I really let things sink I was starting to realize that what she did is extremely wrong.

“Emily how could you hide this from me?” Damn I hated how sad my voice sounded. She
hung her head down guilty.

“I was scared and you didn’t help when you scared the shit out of me.”

That’s when it dawned me. “Wait this wasn’t that long ago?”

“No when you stayed with me.”

“Last night?”

“Yeah why?”

“I thought this a really long time ago. Not a day. Now I can’t really believe you didn’t tell me!”

“I didn’t want to because we were having such a good time!”

“Stop making up excuses!” I feel like such an idiot.

“I’m not.” She tried desperately to convince me.

“Please I bet you were laughing at me in your head when I told you something secret about me.”

“I wasn’t.” She whispered. I didn’t dare to look her in the eyes. I knew she would beat me if I did. It’s just that those chocolately brown. I could get lost in them. One look wou- Stop it David. She’s doing this on purpose. I mean she went out with my BEST FRIEND. I can’t believe I let myself do this.

“You know what Emily I’m done your stupid game."

“What are you talking about?”

“This whole time you were playing melike I was a puppet.”

"No I wasn’t. What ever feelings I showed you were-"

“Fake.” I finished for her. I got up and went to the door. Emily had stayed where she was. Before I went down the ladder I turned to her,

“When you have true feelings for someone you fight for them. You don’t let them go. You don’t have those feelings.” I jumped the rest of the way off the tree. It wasn’t that high anyways. Did I make a mistake?

Emily POV

I burst into tears. I should have gone after him. But I kept stopping myself thinking he needed to calm down. Then again when its true love-do I really love him? Yes I do. I got up determined to make him believe that. When I got there I noticed Sam’s car there. I really don’t want to talk to her. Maybe if I just make no noise she won’t notice I’m there. I tipped toed my way to David’s room. Music was blasting. I was right about to knock on the door when a hey came from behind me. Funny thing was it wasn’t Sam but David’s mom.

“Hi Mrs. Ashworth.”

“Do you need David?” Her face showed concern.

“Yes I need to apologize for something I said to him. Sam made me.” A good excuse, I think.

“Yeah he only hears music that loud when he’s mad or upset and doesn’t want to admit it.”

“I know he doesn’t want to talk to me so can you please knock on the door and make him think that you want to talk to him.”

“Sure.” She smiled hugely.

“But…” She said before knocking. “What is it that you told him? If I can ask?”

“I made fun of him in front of a lot of people.”

“Oh ok.”

Knock knock. I heard the music stop.

“What?” David screamed.

“It’s me your mom. Open the door.” Wow never heard her use that voice. David groaned as he got up. His mom gave me thumbs up before leaving sight. The door opened. I was going to say an awkward hi but he closed the door. I know he didn’t leave from behind it because I could still see his shadow. I decided to talk to him like this. I looked around to see if anyone could hear what I was about to say.

“I know you’re really mad at me but I’m still here to talk so just listen.” I looked at floor to see if his shadow was still there. That’s when I heard that his hand was on the doorknob.

“I didn’t exactly follow you here. It took me time to realize that you mean more to me then what I thought. And with Andrew it was unexpected. I didn’t mean to see him. It’s that I saw you with Lindsey and I didn’t want to say anything because I got a little jealous. I went to Wal-mart to get an iTunes card since I had time and I saw him. You had my car and I didn’t want to walk home. And when I was going to say goodbye he made up an excuse that he got in an accident. So it took me off guard when he kissed me. Saying his head got hit so that kinda left my mouth hanging so it REALLY took me off guard when he stuck his tongue in my mouth.”

Suddenly David opened the door. I was going to ask him if it was too much information but instead he grabbed my arm roughly and pulled me inside his room. When he closed the door he pushed me up against it. I thought he was going to say something mean to me but he just kissed me rough. And it’s not the rough you think. Really really rough. It kind of hurt my lips. When he pulled back he walked back a couple steps his hands in his hair.

“What do you want from me Emily?” He asked desperately.

“I want you to know that I didn’t mean for what happened to Andrew. That I really care for you.”

“So you tell me everything in excruciating detail?” He said with a pained look. I really didn’t mean for him to feel this bad.

“I didn’t say everything in excruciating detail. I didn’t say his tongue was slimy or how the kiss was nasty and sloppy.” He cracked a small smile.

“Emily do you know how much you really confuse me?”

“No but…no I don’t.”

“I want to tell you something but I want you to never repeat to anyone else.”

“What?”

“I actually enjoyed beating up Andrew.” He whispered it. I stepped close to him. This time he let me.

“Good.” I whispered back.

“And why is that?”

“Because he’s messing with your girl.”

“So you’re mine.” He smiled hugely. Aww I got him happy. I smiled back just as big.

“Yep.”

“Good.” He leaned down and kissed me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment? I'm feeling as if nobody likes it.