Status: Completed. :D Under Construction. New Chapters Are Posted In Place Of Old Ones.

I think this is more than just puppy love

The End

Emily POV

Sam’s parents decided that over the winter break they were going to live in Duluth, Minnesota. They didn’t care that it was probably negative something degrees there. When Erik first heard about it he looked down and away. That gave me and David the hint that he wanted to be left alone with Sam.

She would be more than one state away. Now exactly two weeks away from winter break and Sam already packing.

“I really don’t want you to go. I’m going to miss you so much. Did they ever explain to you why they want a new start?” Sam and I were in her room while David and Erik went out to get something to eat for all of us.

“No they didn’t. I asked them why couldn’t we just stay but they didn’t have any argument with me. I’m switching high schools and everything over break. I don’t want to leave but I also don’t want to just up and come back when I turn eighteen. It would be very bad of me.”

“I know. But what about visiting? Would you be able to come? You would see all of us.” She nodded.

“My mom said yes. My dad wasn’t with us at the time. I just hate that I’m leaving in the middle of the year and not graduating next year like we always planned we would.” I got up from sitting on her desk chair and sat on the bed.

“How are you and Erik going to do it?” She sighed sitting down next to me. She leaned her head on my shoulder. We stayed in that position for a few minutes.

“We don’t know. We both want to try that long distance relationship but we’re both scared of it. What if it doesn’t work out?”

“You have to try though.” She agreed with me. We both leaned back on the bed just talking. The guys came back with food. We quickly ate.

“So what you guys doing?” Erik asked us.

“Not much. Just saying how hot that new actor is in the movie of the week.” I exclaimed sarcastically. He glowered at me.

“No we were not, baby.” Sam kissed his cheek starting to clean up the bags of garbage. I helped her.

Winter break came. Sam had one more day with us. All of us spent it at the tree house. Well for a little bit since we got the idea that Erik wanted us to leave. He would give us long looks. I confronted him about it. He told me it was nothing. Around ten minutes later David asked me if I wanted to go to get some ice cream with him. Reluctantly I agreed.

“Did you and Erik plan it or something?” He smiled sheepishly at me. I chuckled shaking my head.

“Her last night here, he wants to be with her alone as much as he can.” I agreed with him. “Tomorrow, are you going with us to say goodbye one last time before she gets on the plane?” I stared at him for a few seconds. “Stupid question, sorry.” I laughed grabbing his hand intertwining our fingers.

“I still find you very smart.” He pulled me forward lightly. I laughed a bit harder. “Where are we going to get ice cream?”

“We’re not. I was going to take you to the park instead.”

“But maybe I wanted a cone.” He sighed.

“Then I guess I could take you.” He pouted. I stopped. He kept walking forward until my arm pulled him back. He looked at me confused. I walked up to his chest was touching mine. I kissed him lightly, then harder. He didn’t complain. “I could be your cone.” He smirked. I smacked his chest starting to walk again.

“Shut up, David.” He laughed. We walked in silence. It was comfortable with the cold chilly air beating against our coats. I laid my head on his shoulder.

“Emily, what made you start to like me?” I searched my mind.

“I don’t really know. You were always sweet to me. Well sometimes. You know, since we would be mean to each other. That first time you literally screamed to me what you liked about me.” He smiled at the memory.

“I really didn’t mean to say that, you know,” he mumbled.

“I know but I’m glad you did. Otherwise we wouldn’t be here right now.”

“Yeah.” He kissed my forehead murmuring I love you. I blushed and pecked his cheek. “Promise me one thing?”

“What is it?” I looked at him curiously.

“I know this is going to sound cheesy but I’m going to say it anyway. No matter what you never ever doubt my love for you. You are my everything. I want to be with you as long as we possibly can be.” The cold air bit at my heated cheeks.

“I promise,” I giggled. He smiled at me before turning forward again.

The next day I woke up early. I dressed extra slow. I didn’t know exactly what time David was going to pick me up but I wanted to stall time anyway. When I finished I walked down the stairs. My mom was making breakfast while my dad tried to watch the TV from sitting at the table.

“Why don’t you just go sit on the couch, dad?” He looked at mom and narrowed his eyes a bit.

“You’re mom said that I had to sit here and spend time with her.” Mom scoffed putting two plates on the table. I went to grab the orange juice from the fridge. I caught dad grab mom’s arm pulling her into a quick kiss. He mouthed ‘I love you’.

“That was sweet, dad,” I cooed. “But I’m right here, your child, you already have mom.” He laughed shaking his head. Mom gave me a playful dirty look.

“So what time is David coming? Is Sam coming too? I want to say goodbye to her before she leaves.” Mom told me.

“I’m not sure what time he’s coming or if Sam is coming with him.” She nodded. We began to eat our breakfast in silence. Minutes later a knock came from the door.

“I’ll get it.” I stood up going to the door. David stood on the other side with a small smile. “Is Sam with you?” He shook his head. “Okay, do you want to come inside? I’m just going to tell my parents goodbye.”

“No its okay. I’ll wait in the car for you.” He pecked my lips before walking away. I walked back to the kitchen.

“She wasn’t with him,” I told mom. “I’m leaving though. I’ll see you guys later.” I gave them each a kiss on the cheek before leaving. Once inside David’s car I sighed deeply.

“Where are we going?”

“To the airport. Erik took Sam early. My mom and dad are already there.” I nodded. “Please don’t be so quiet Emily. I know it must be hard but I hate to see you like this. Just know that you’ll get to visit her every once in a while.”

“I know. I know.” No other words were said after that. We arrived at the airport parking. Nerves were building in my stomach. David grabbed my hand pulling me closer. When I saw Sam I hugged her tightly. Her parents were talking a few feet away from us.

“When is your plane leaving,” I asked.

“In thirty minutes. They’re about to start boarding right now. Why did you get here so late?” I shrugged. We talked as the intercom announced her plane was now boarding. Erik never once let go of her. We all gave her hugs.

“I’m going to miss you. You were fun to joke around with. Come back sometime, alright? I don’t want my brother to mope around all the time.” David was the first to hug her. Then it was his parents. They each said how much they were going to miss her. Then it was me.

“I hate to see you go. You better Skype me.” She laughed softly hugging me back. Tears were threatening to fall on both mine and Sam’s face. Lastly, it was Erik.

“I’m missing you the most. Don’t forget that.” He mumbled other things as well but it was too low for any of us to hear.

“Goodbye guys. As soon as I get there I’m going to call all of you. So have your phones with you.” Erik walked her all the way to lady who checked the plane tickets. We all watched as her plane started to go forward and into the air. As I turned to walk away I noticed tears in Erik’s eyes. I didn’t say anything to him.

David took me to his house instead of mine. We laid on his bed in silence. “You do know that everything will be alright, right?”

“Yeah, I can’t start to imagine how Erik is feeling right now.” He nodded. I looked at him. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” He kissed me. I pulled back laying my head on his chest.

“I know everything will be alright.” Without a doubt I was sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally finished! :D
I was excited but sad when I wrote this.
I want to thank everyone who commented or took the time to read this.
I did post what the sequel will be about. ^_^
Comment one last time, yeah?