Status: Just started so please hang in here with me!

Blinded As The Shades Draw Closed

Is this coincidence or a sign?

I walked into my newly unpacked apartment, taking in everything. It all just seemed so surreal and I still couldn't believe that my parents were letting me live on my own. I'd heard that after most people came out of comas, they were barely allowed out of their parents' house. The past week all I'd been doing was painting, reflooring, and unpacking. I walked over to my couch and realized I'd lost the TV remote. Sighing, I started looking through the couch for it.

"If I were a remote, where would I hide?" I asked out loud. I started smiling and shaking my head 'no' as an image of a remote in a pool entered my head. Finally I found it in the corner of the couch. Sitting back down, I turned on the TV and flipped to the news. Barely paying attention, I looked through a list of fast food restaurants I'd stolen from my parents' house.

"Back to you Charlotte." A rather gay looking reporter said to an average woman.

"Thanks Chuck, in other news 18 year old Teagan Smith recently woke up from a 3 year coma. We're told she's happily living by herself somewhere here in our very own Los Angeles. From KCBS News, this is Charlotte. Have a good night."

I sighed as I turned the TV off and headed back to my room. "I don't want all this attention drawn to me!" I groaned as I checked the weather on the computer. "Whoa, it can't believe it went from 87 degrees to 63." I decided to put on a warmer outift. I walked out the door and to the elevator only to run into a boy who was about my age.

"I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed. "I didn't mean to-is that a dead ferret on your head?" I clapped my hand over my head, realizing what I'd said.

He chuckled and scratched his head. "Don't worry about it. And it's been called that before so I'm used to it. Besides, I think it's pretty freakin sweet!"

"Wow..he's really funny." I thought as he shook my hand. "Adam T. Siska. A.K.A., Sisky." he told me.

"Teagan Smith. A.K.A., Teagan Smith." I watched him smile as I imitated him.

"Come on Teagan. You're gonna be my best friend!! And you're gonna meet my old best friends..."He said with a fake mad look on his face.

"Aww" I fake pouted " What did they do to the poor little Sisky?"

"They took away my Bop It! Can you believe it?!" He said with fake surprise on his face.
I gasped as he looked at me waiting for an answer. "No!"

"Yes!!" He said nodding his head vigorously.

I laughed as we got out of a taxi ca-"When did we get in a taxi?!" I said, shocked that I had missed all of this.

He merely laughed and pulled me along and into a quaint cafe.

"Come on, we have to find the guys. Theres, Michael, A.K.A. Chizzy. He's an Aussie."

"Oh, I love Australian accents!"I exclaimed.

"He's a little hard to understand sometimes, but he's cool. Um..theres Mike and Andy; A.K.A. The Butcher-"

I looked at him questioningly.

"Long story...And..Oh, there's the thief who took my Bop It! Bill Beckett."

"E-excuse me?" I asked, my throat beginning to ache and my eyes tearing up.

"William Eugene Beckett? Born and raised in Chicago? Son of Mr and Mrs Beckett?" He stated looking at me weirdly.

Billiam... I thought, as wet tears began flowing down my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is anybody reading this? I hope so! Please comment and subscribe.
Do you think William will remember her?!