Status: Active :)

When It Rains

Death of Us

Sydney was in complete amazement at the house when she walked inside. "Holy hell," she whispered, as she spun in a complete circle to get a look around. Emmett chuckled, and laced his ice cold fingers with her warm ones. Sydney grinned up at him. "Ya know, I was expecting some coffins in the corner.... or maybe a creepy old butler." Emmett's booming laughter echoed in the house, Sydney's light, bell like laughter joining his.

"Are you disappointed?" He asked. She pouted up at him playfully.

"Most definitely." She tried to keep a straight face, but Emmett's dimples broke her, and she started laughing. She heard footsteps and looked over to see a beautiful woman with a heart-shaped face walk into the room.

"You must be Sydney," she said, pulling Sydney into a soft hug. She hugged the woman back, already loving her. "I'm Esme," she introduced. Sydney smiled brightly.

"It's nice to meet you, Esme," she said honestly. A man with blond hair walked up behind Esme, and smiled at Sydney.

"Hello, I'm Carlisle," he said, introducing himself.

"Hi, I'm Sydney." He smiled.

"Hi Sydney!" A very chipper voice sounded from behind her. Sydney turned around, and was instantly pulled into a hug. The girl pulled away, and Sydney smiled at Alice.

"Hey, Alice. Jasper," she said smiling at the blond male standing on the stairs. He smiled slightly back, but Sydney could tell it was slightly pained. Guilt started to consumer her. She felt completely stupid! How could she forget what her scent was probably doing to them?

Jasper obviously sensed her guilt and distress, and walked slowly down the steps and to Alice's side. Emmett cautiously watched his brother. "Are you feeling okay, Jazz?" He asked, moving slightly closer to Sydney. Jasper smiled, a real smile.

"Actually, I'm perfectly fine. Her scent doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used too," he said, and then looked at Sydney with a smile. She smiled back, glad that she wasn't causing him as much discomfort as she used too.

"Nice to see you again, Sydney." She looked towards the kitchen and saw Jeremy and Rosalie walking out. Jeremy had a smile gracing his face, but Rosalie had a frown plastered on her face, and when she connected eyes with Sydney, she glared and ran up the steps. Jeremy sighed. "I am very sorry about her, Sydney, and I apologize for Rosalie's rude behavior," he said, and walked up the steps after her. Sydney looked around and realized someone was missing.

"If you're looking around for Edward, Syd, you aren't going to find him," Alice said. Sydney looked at her, shocked that Alice knew what she was thinking.

"Is everything okay?" She asked warily. She was definitely closer to Edward than she was with any of the other Cullens, besides Emmett of course, and it worried her that he wouldn't be there with his family.

"The new girl, Isabella Swan, her scent is.... intoxicating to him. He left for a few days so he can get used to her smell," Alice explained. Sydney nodded in understanding, not wanting to push the subject any farther.

Sydney and the Cullens talked for a few more hours, until Emmett saw her yawn softly and decided it was time for her to get back home. She said her goodbyes to everyone and followed Emmett out to his Jeep. She climbed in, and jumped slightly when she felt a cold hand in case hers. She looked over at Emmett, who grinned. "Don't do that," she scolded playfully. He leaned over and pressed his lips lightly against her forehead.

"Sorry, sweetheart," he mumbled against her skin. She blushed, and then hid her face in his neck. He chuckled, feeling her burning cheek pressed against his skin. She pressed her lips to the exposed skin, and then pulled back, smiling up at him.

"Thank you," she said. Emmett looked at Sydney, confused.

"For what?" He asked.

"Letting me meet your family outside of school. It was nice to see the real Cullens." Emmett smiled back at her, and leaned over to press his lips against hers. She flushed herself against him as much as she could, and sighed into the kiss. She felt herself getting pushed back lightly, and gasped out in shock when her back hit the door of the jeep. She opened her eyes and they met with Emmett's black ones. Sydney's blue eyes widened in alarm. "Oh, my God, Emmett. I'm- I'm so sorry," she stuttered out.

Neither one of them moved a muscle, and Emmett closed his eyes, and took an unnecessary breath. When he opened them, his eyes met with Sydney's watery ones. He sighed, and reached forward slowly and grabbed her hand. She let herself get pulled forward, and Emmett wrapped his arms around her, and she buried her face in his chest. "I didn't hurt you, did I?" Emmett asked, looking down at the beautiful redhead wrapped up in his arms.

Sydney looked up at him, and smiled. "No, you didn't hurt me," she said. Her back hurt from where she hit the door, but she wasn't about to tell him that.

"I should get you home," Emmett said. Sydney nodded, and leaned back in her seat, biting back the groan that wanted to let loose as her back painfully hit the seat. She smiled over at him, not letting an ounce of pain show on her face. He started the Jeep, and sped to her house.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

It's been about a week since Sydney visited the Cullen household, Edward was back, and Edward, Jasper, and Alice were now her best friends at Forks High. She was standing next to Emmett when she saw Bella pull up into her parking spot and got out. About a second later she heard the screeching tires, and whipped her head to see Tyler's truck heading straight for Bella. She gasped when she heard the sound of crunching metal. "Oh my God," she murmured, looking over at Jasper, who was standing next to her. She looked next to Jasper and expected to see Alice and Edward standing there, but she only saw Alice. "Where'd Edward go?" She asked Jasper quietly.

"Over there," he said, motioning to the wreck. Edward jumped out from in between Bella and Tyler's trucks, and she Sydney saw Bella slowly stand up, unscratched.

"Oh shit, did he really do what I think he did?" She whispered.

"Yes," Alice chirped. She felt a cold arm wrap around her waist, and looked up into Emmett's golden eyes.

"He's gonna be the death of us," Emmett said lowly. Sydney snorted, and smacked his chest lightly.

"Shut up, Em. Ready to get to class, Al?" She asked Alice.

"Yes, let's go, Syd." The two girls linked arms, and Sydney leaned up to press her lips to Emmett's lightly before muttering bye. "So, I take it you and Emmett are doing well?" Alice asked on their way to their first period class. Sydney smiled and looked over at her pixie-like best friend.

"You're the psychic. You tell me," she said playfully, and skipped into her class.