Status: Active :)

When It Rains

port Angeles

“When does this class end?” Sydney whined to Emmett.

He chuckled. “5 minutes.”

She groaned. “That’s forever.” She stated.

“Not if you talk to someone, Syd.” He laughed.

“Well, fine then. Emmett, how was your day?” She asked sarcastically.

“Great now that you’re in it.” He smiled.

Sydney grinned. “It’s my smile, isn’t it? Or is it my hair that drew you to me?” She joked.

“Actually, it was just you.” He said sincerely.

Sydney blushed. “Thank you….I think.” She laughed.

He smiled slightly. “I’m serious.”

She stared at him for a second or two, and then opened her mouth to say something when the bell rang. “Wow, Emmett. You were right. The class does go by faster when you talk to someone.” She stated.

Emmett frowned, not wanting to be away from her sweet smelling scent.

“I’ll see you tomorrow?” She asked, hope in her voice.

“Probably not. My family goes camping and hiking on the sunny days. So, you won’t see me until Monday.” He said.

She visibly saddened. “Oh, well, okay. I hope you have fun.” She said, turning and walking away.

Sydney sighed, and walked to her locker where Hunter was waiting for her.

“Guess what, Syd?” He asked, sounding excited.

“What?” She asked, stuffing her books in her locker, and then slamming it shut.

“Mel, Jesse, Jessica, Lauren, Mike, Eric, Angela, and Tyler are heading down to La Push beach tomorrow night for a bon fire. I said we would go. Is that okay?” He asked.

Sydney nodded. “That’s fine. Tomorrow, right?” She asked.

He nodded.

“Wait, what’s La Push?” She asked.

“It’s an Indian Reservation out of Forks.” Hunter said.

“Oh, okay.” She said.

As they walked outside Jessica, Mel, and Angela were waiting.

“Syd, were going to Port Angeles to shop right after school. You wanna come?” Mel asked.

Sydney nodded. “Sure just let me ask Zac.”

Mel waved her hand dismissively. “Already done. You’re allowed.” She said excitedly.

Sydney smiled. “Alright, let me just drop Hunter off. Wait, who’s car are we taking?”

“Yours is the hottest. So, we’re going to go with yours.” Jess laughed.

Sydney chuckled. “Alright, everyone pile in.”

After they left the school and dropped Hunter off, they were on their way to Port Angeles.

“Okay, make a left at your next exit.” Mel directed from the passenger seat.

“Got it.” Sydney said, and followed what Mel said.

She ran a hand through her red hair, and sighed.

“You have got to spill on you and Emmett, Syd.” Angela said from the back.

Sydney sighed again. “There’s nothing to spill, Ang. We were just talking. I doubt we’ll go anywhere in a relationship.” Sydney lied.

She could see herself falling in love with Emmett. If she let her self.

“Aw, but you two would make such a cute couple.” Jess whined.

Sydney laughed. “How would we make a cute couple, Jess?”

“Well, you’re the perfect height for him.” She started.

“I’m 5’ 4”! He’s like, 6’ 2”.” Sydney laughed. “How is that the perfect height?”

Jess smirked. “I hear he likes short girls.”

“I’m not short, though.”

“You kind of are.” Mel joked.

“Mel, you’re shorter than I am.” Sydney retorted.

“Your point?” Mel asked.

Sydney stayed quiet for a couple seconds. “I feed you. Shut up.”

The entire car burst into laughter. “I’m so glad we planned this.” Angela said.

“Me too.” Sydney agreed.

“Oh, guess what I heard you guys.” Jess said.

“What?” Mel asked, turning in her seat to see Jessica.

“There’s going to be a new girl next week. Isabella Swan. She’s chief Swan’s daughter.”

“We have a chief Swan?” Sydney asked, confused.

Mel, Jessica, and Angela laughed.

“Wow, we really need to get you caught up on Forks, don’t we?” Mel laughed.

Sydney just shrugged with a slight giggle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully they will start to get longer with time. Hope you like it. Message or comment please. Thanks.