Status: Active :)

When It Rains

La Push

The next day was boring to Sydney without Emmett there, so it seemed to go by in slow motion. The only source of entertainment was Eric and Mike arguing over what they were going to do at La Push the night.

“I say we just curl up near the fire.” Angela said.

Sydney nodded. “I agree with Ang.” She said. Angela smiled at her. “So when do we leave?” She asked.

“Um, do you know where the diner is in town?” Mike asked her. Sydney nodded. “Just meet us there about two hours after school. We’re taking my mom’s minivan.” He said.

Hunter chuckled. “A minivan?” He asked, humor in his voice.

Sydney smacked him lightly. “Shut it.” She said, but was chuckling lightly herself.

Mike glared slightly. “Thanks, you guys. I can feel the love.” He said sarcastically.

Sydney laughed, and went to her next class.

The day seemed to pass by quicker now that she had something to look forward to. After school she refreshed her make up and got dressed in some black skinny jeans with a red shirt that had ‘my eyes are up here’ in black on the chest. She brushed out her red hair, and brushed her teeth.

“You wanna walk their and get something to eat before we have to go?” Hunter asked, leaning against her door frame.

She nodded. “Sure. Let’s go.” Sydney said, grabbing her phone and sliding it in her back pocket.

“Bye Syd, bye Hunter!” Zac said from the couch, Marissa curled up at his side.

“Bye, Zac.” They said in unison, waving bye.

When they got to the diner, they still had an hour until everyone was going to get there, so they sat down in a booth, and ate some food. When everyone got there, Sydney was finishing up her burger.

“You two ready?” Mike asked, stealing a bite of Sydney’s burger.

Sydney and Hunter nodded. “Yup.” She said. “Let’s move out.”

They all piled into the minivan, and headed down to La Push. Jessica, Lauren, Angela, Mike, and Eric were all in surfing gear.

“Are you sure, you don’t want to come surf with us, Syd?” Jessica asked her.

Sydney shook her head. “No thanks. I think I’m just gonna talk to some locals. Sit by the fire, stuff like that.” She said.

“Okay, if you’re sure.” She said, grabbing a surf board and hitting the waves.

Sydney walked over to the fire, and saw one of the guys looking at her.

Paul Parker looked over at redhead walking towards the bone fire, and couldn’t look away. He felt the need to protect her, and not let anything happen to her. Thankfully, he didn’t feel a romantic connection towards her. She sat down in between him and Jared.

“Hey.” She said, looking at him.

He smiled slightly. “Hi.”

“I’m Sydney.” She said, holding out her hand.

“I’m Paul.” He said, shaking her outstretched hand.

“So, what’s it like living in Washington?” She asked.

He laughed. “Boring unless you find something interesting.” He said. “Where are you from?” He asked.

“Somewhere even more boring than here. Ohio.” She giggled.

Paul laughed again. “Damn, that must have sucked.”

She nodded. “Hell yeah, it did. The only ounce of entertainment we got were football games.” She laughed.

“Oh, I am so sorry for you.” He said in mock sympathy.

She feigned being hurt, and shoved him lightly. “I take that offensively.” She chuckled.

Paul smiled. He was glad that if he was going to imprint, it was on a funny girl that he didn’t have to be romantic with to still get along.

Sydney and Paul talked for hours, until Hunter threw something at her head, which she evaded by ducking.

“What the fuck, Hunter?” She asked, looking at the giant stick he tried to hit her with.

“It’s time to go.” He said calmly, like he didn’t just toss at a stick at her head.

“So, you couldn’t do the nice thing, and come over here and tell me?” She called back to him.

“What’s the fun in that?” He asked, and walked towards the minivan.

Sydney sighed, and looked over at Paul with an apologetic expression. “I’m sorry, but apparently I have to go.” She said, standing up. Paul stood up too.

“You gonna come back anytime soon?” He asked her.

She shrugged. “Sure. When I do, I’ll give you a call.” She said, handing him her phone to put his number in. He fished in his pocket for his own phone, and handed it to her.

She punched her number in. “There you go. It was nice meeting you.” She said honestly.

He smiled. “You too, Syd.”

Sydney waved at the other two there. “Bye Jared. See ya Sam.” She said.

They waved back. “Bye Syd.” They both said.

“Bye Paul.” She said, and headed to the minivan. She climbed in, and sat next to Angela, who was asleep on Eric’s shoulder. Lauren and Jess piled in next, and they were off.

When Sydney and Hunter walked back home, it was night time.

“Wow. Forks is actually pretty at night.” Sydney commented.

Hunter nodded. “I agree. Much better than Ohio.”

Sydney laughed. “Oh yeah.”

When they opened up the door they saw Zac and Marissa making out on the couch.

“Seriously, you guys?” Sydney asked, placing a hand on her hip, and shuffling her weight to one leg.

They pulled apart quickly, and Marissa turned red. “Shouldn’t you two be in bed?” Zac asked, clearing his throat.

“It’s 9 o’clock on a Friday night. I didn’t know we had a bed time.” Hunter laughed.

“Well you do now. Go to bed.” Zac ordered lightly.

Sydney laughed. “Yes, sir.” She said, and faked saluted. She walked over to where they were, and kissed Zac’s cheek. “Night, bro.” She said.

He chuckled. “Night, little sis.”

Sydney hugged Marissa, and then went up stairs.

Sydney opened up her lap top, and looked for some good movies to buy. She saw there were some good ones that were cheap at a local HMV in Port Angeles. She wrote down the address on a sticky note, and then shut her lap top.

She changed into some grey sweatpants and a black tank top, and put her hair up in a sloppy pony tail and went to sleep wondering if Emmett was having a good time camping.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you have any questions on whats going down with Paul and Sydney, please comment or message me, please. Thanks.