Status: Active :)

When It Rains

If You Want To

Later the next day, Sydney drove to Port Angeles looking for the HMV store.

“Found it.” She said to herself and parked in an empty spot. She walked in, and stayed in the store for a couple hours. She heard her phone beep, and looked at the text.

‘When you coming home?’

Sydney sighed, and text Hunter back quickly.

‘Just left. Coming home soon.’

She closed her phone, and walked to her car. She looked around, noticing her car was the only one in the parking lot. Someone walked in front of her, making her crash into them.

“Sorry.” She mumbled, trying to go around him. He grabbed the top of her arm roughly, and pushed her into the side of car. She tried to scream but his hand covered her mouth. She bit his hand, and kicked him. He let her go after letting out a painful grunt. She tried to run, but a pair of arms picked her up from behind.

“Where are you going in such a hurry?” A rough voice whispered in her ear. She struggled in a grasp, and elbowed him in the nose. He dropped her. She got up, and ran straight into the first guy. Her breath was coming out in short gasps. They started walking closer to her. She pressed her back against the car, getting ready to defend herself again when screeching tires made all three of them turn their heads.

Sydney sighed in relief when she saw the familiar giant red jeep speeding towards her. It screeched to a stop and Emmett’s giant body jumped out of the car, and stalked over. The look on his face was terrifying. The two guys ran off, and Sydney felt like she could breathe again.

Emmett looked over at her, and his face softened. “Are you okay?” He asked her, looking her over for any injuries.

She nodded softly. “I’m fine. Thank you.” She said sincerely. “How did you find me?” She asked him.

He looked at her with a startled look. “What?”

“How did you know that I would be here? And shouldn’t you be camping?” She crossed her arms over her chest waiting for an answer.

He sighed, and ran a hand through his short, brown hair. “Let’s go out for dinner, and I’ll explain everything.” He said. She nodded.

“Should I follow you?” She asked.

He shook his head. “No, I’ll drive your car. Mine will stay here and I’ll come get it later or something.” He said. She shrugged.

“Okay.” She threw him the keys, which he caught with ease. She climbed in the passenger seat while Emmett got in the driver seat.

They drove out to a diner looking restaurant, and walked in. They sat down in a booth, and Sydney leaned forward slightly.

“Alright, spill.” She said bluntly.

“First, let me ask you one thing. Do you believe in the supernatural?” He asked.

She shrugged. “I believe that there has to be more out there than humans if that’s what you mean.” She said.

“What about vampires?” He asked quietly.

“It’s a possibility. Why?” She asked.

“Please don’t interrupt until I’m finished, okay?” He asked. She nodded, telling him to continue. “I was born Emmett Dale McCarty in 1915. In 1935, I was mauled by a black bear and was saved by my ex, Rosalie, and was turned into a vampire.” He stopped looking at Sydney’s reaction. She smiled at him, letting him know she was listening, and telling him to go on with a nod of her head.

“I felt like I needed to repay Rosalie in someway, and we started dating, and then got married. We separated about a decade ago because she found a new mate.” He finished. “Any questions?” He asked.

“Where to I come in to play with all of this?” Sydney asked.

“Alice had a vision of you.” He said.

“Alice can see the future?” She asked, shocked. Emmett chuckled.

“I just told you I was a vampire, and you’re shocked that Alice can see the future?” He laughed.

She shrugged, and giggled. “Just answer the question.”

“Yes, Alice can see the future. Edward can read people’s minds, and Jasper can read and manipulate emotions.” He explained.

Sydney nodded. “Okay, so continue what you were saying before.”

“Alice told me how happy you and I were together, so I decided to give it a shot and see where it went from there.” He said, looking her in the eyes.

“Usually vampire equals drinking blood. Am I going to worry about that?” She asked.

He shook his head. “No, my family and I only feed on animals. That’s why our eyes are gold instead of red.” He explained to her.

She nodded. “How did you find me tonight?” She asked quietly. He grabbed her hand with his colder one from across the table.

“Alice had a vision of it. I couldn’t let anything happen to you, so I got here as fast as I could. I just wish I was a little bit sooner.” He said regrettably.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m fine, nothing happened.” She said softly. He squeezed her hand softly, as their food got there. She groaned slightly as she remembered that she forgot to tell Hunter about the change of plans. She pulled her phone out and text him quickly.

‘Ran into a friend and having dinner with him. I’ll call you when I’m on my way home. Love you.’

She closed her phone, knowing that if she didn’t do that then he would have thrown a fit when she got home and probably would have dragged Zac into it.

“Everything okay?” Emmett asked her.

She smiled up at him. “Yeah, everything’s fine. I was just telling Hunter that I ran into a friend and would call him when I was on my way home.” She explained.

He nodded. “Aren’t you going to eat?” He asked.

She nodded, and took a giant bite out of chicken salad. She finished it up, and Emmett paid.

“You don’t have to pay. I’m the one that ate, I should pay.” She argued.

“I’m the one that brought you here. I pay.” He retorted.

She playfully rolled her eyes. “Don’t think you’ll always win, Emmett.” She laughed.

“Are you saying we’ll do this again?” He asked.

She smiled. “If you want to.”

He bent down and kissed her forehead softly. “I want to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry about the long wait. My computer died last week, and we just got it up and running a couple days ago. Sorry about the lack of updates.