Status: Comments = Fast Updates :)

Perfect Chemistry?

Chapter 18

“So, Rosaline, I hear your brother has been on a road trip recently?” The way she said my name made me feel like some bug or disease.

Andy and I were currently having dinner with his parents who had unrepentantly come home. I already knew his mother hated me, it didn’t take a genius to figure that one out…

“Yes, he’s in a band with his friends, and they’ve actually been touring on Warped tour.”

She quirked her eyebrow, not liking being corrected. “Well, that sounds interesting.”

Yeah right, you fake nit-wit.

After we were finished, I wasted no time in asking Andy to take me home. I didn’t want to be under his mother’s beady eye any longer. This was just the opposite of what I thought his parents would be like.

“Please talk to me,” Andy whispered after putting the car in park outside of the appartment.

“About what?”

“Dinner.”

“There’s nothing to talk about,” I said, looking out the window.

He sighed, laying his head on the steering wheel. “Please, don’t push me away no, Ros. Just because my parents are like that doesn’t mean that I am! You know this.”

“I know, Andy, but I just escaped those looks and being talked down like I was nothing. They’re going to give you endless crap about you being with me and it will just get worse from there.” I took a deep breath, closing my eyes . “I think we should just end it now before it can get to that point. Before either of us had a chance to get even more hurt.” I climbed out of the car and shut the door before he could say anything.

Tears were threatening to fall the whole way to the apartment, but I didn’t let them fall until the door shut behind me. I heard Matt’s music on in his room and headed straight for it, just needing my big brother right now.

“Matt, I-” I stopped straight in my tracks, becoming disturbed at the sight of my naked brother on top of a naked girl. I quickly shut the door and ran to my room, closing the door behind me.

I was going through my dresser to find something to slip in, when my door opened. “Seriously, Rosaline! Have you not heard of knocking?! I mean, shit!” I didn’t turn around, and that seemed to anger him even more. “Look at me when I’m talking to you.” He quickly turned me around, and his face seemed to soften when he saw my tears stained face. “What happened?” He asked, sighing.

I shook my head, walking towards my door with my clothes. “You clearly are busy, Matt. It can wait until tomorrow.” I walked to the bathroom to change and wash my face.

While I was doing so, I heard Matt’s music shut off and a bit of yelling coming from his room. Then, the front door slammed and all was silent. When I opened the bathroom door, Matt was standing there, waiting for me. “Alright, she’s gone, we can talk.” He said it as if it was a half ass and he was bothered by it.

I frowned, walking by him. “It’s fine, Matt. I didn’t ask you to get rid of the girl. I’m sorry I ruined your night.”

“No, see you would have guilt tripped me just like that if I hadn’t gotten rid of her. Now, tell me what’s wrong already.”

“I’m not going to talk to you while you’re being like this. You’re obviously frustrated and you tend to say things. So, please, can we just talk about this tomorrow or something?”

He groaned, before storming off. When I heard the front door slam once again, I knew I was alone in the apartment. That night was the first night I cried myself to sleep after I swore I never would again.

The next morning, I woke up to voices in the kitchen. I slowly got out of bed, pulling my hair inot a ponytail. After walking into the kitchen, I cam to find that it was just the guys… Minus Matt.

“Well look who decided to grace us with her presence,” Jimmy said, smiling at me.

Zacky frowned when he saw my read, puffy eyes. “What’s wrong?” He asked, walking over and wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I just shook my head and pulled away.

I grabbed some cereal, before going in my room and locking my door behind me. I was going to stay in here all day if I had to.

About three, there was a knock on my door, before it was opened. Matt stood in the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest. He didn’t say anything for about a minute, so I broke it. “Did you need something?” I asked softly.

“Are you ready to talk about last night?”

“I don’t want to talk to you if you’re going to continue with this bad mood. “

His arms fell before he was about to say something, but the door bell interrupted him. He sighed, shaking his head. “I’ll be back.”

I sat on my bed, dreading his return. He was more than likely in a bad mood because he didn’t get laid last night. He didn’t have to tell the girl to go home! It’s not like I demanded it of him before hiding out in my room. So why was this my fault? And the crap about me always getting what I want. Seriously?

All of a sudden, Matt came back to my room with a sympathetic look in his eyes. I was suddenly being engulfed in his arms. He held me tight, stroking my hair.

He knows…