Status: Comments = Fast Updates :)

Perfect Chemistry?

Chapter 3

I was out at the pier until it got dark. I wanted to prolong going home as long as possible. It wasn't somewhere I wanted to be. Especially around them. I can't handle it right now. I didn't even think they would be back this soon!

As I got out of the car and walked up to the door, I felt like my feet weighed a ton. It was as if time was in slow motion.

When I opened the door, I heard the t.v. on, and low chatter in the living room. I shut the door as quietly as I could.

"That was a long meeting." I jumped and held my hand over my chest.

"Why do you feel the need to sneak up on me?"

"Why do you feel the need to sneak into the house at eight? I thought curfew wasn't until eleven?"

"Yeah, well, a lot's changed since you left." I mumbled, before walking to the kitchen.

"What's with the bad attitude?" He asked, following me.

"Sorry if I'm not all perky and hyper like I'm supposed to be."

"What's gotten into you?"

"Nothing." I said, before walking out of the kitchen and up to my room.

I locked my door, before going to change. I was going to be a hermit crab tonight.

As I lay in bed, I looked back over all the memories I had as a child.

Higher!"

"What do you mean higher? You're already high enough!"

"Not yet!" I felt the air rushing through my hair as my brother pushed me on the swing.

"You'll fall off if you go any higher!"

"Then you can catch me! I trust you!"

And I always did. I trusted him with my life.

How naive I was...


****

"Wake up! It's time for breakfast!" Mom called through my door the next morning.

I sighed, and decided to get up before she got all pissy. She already sounded annoyed about something.

I could only guess what that was...

As I walked into the kitchen, the smell of all kinds of breakfast dishes met my senses. The sound of forks and plates clinking, and chatter filling the air.

When everyone saw me, they got quiet. "I'll just get an apple." I mumbled, walking over to the fruit bowl.

"You need to eat more than that before practice." Mom chided me.

"I'm not that hungry."

I walked back up to my room before she could say anything else.

When I walked back down, ready for practice and my bag over my shoulder again, I headed for the door.

"Your brother will be taking you. I need your car since mine's in the shop." Mom said, before walking out.

I shut my eyes and willed myself not to cry or scream, and run back up to my room.

"You ready?"

I just nodded and followed him out to his car. Luckily none of the others were tagging along, so this would be less painful.

"So when did you turn into such a snotty brat?"

Ouch, I didn't think that would hurt as much as it just did...

"I'm not."

He scoffed. "Yeah, and I'm fricken Pinocchio."

"I'm not!" I said, this time much louder. "I'm sorry if that's how you take my attitude. And don't be such a hypocrite! You've become quiet the ass hole!"

"Oooh, does Mom know you're using such dirty words."

I yanked the door open as soon as we were at the school. "I wish I would have never been born your sister! Or better yet, born at all! Fuck you, Mathew Sanders." I slammed the door in his face and ran all the way to the gym.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well??? Now you know who her brother is...