Status: Comments = Fast Updates :)

Perfect Chemistry?

Chapter 9

I was laying on my bed, staring aimlessly up at the ceiling. I had learned a long time ago how to let go and make myself numb. I didn't think about anything, didn't do anything.

There was a knock on my door, snapping me out of it. "Can I come in?" Matt asked, poking his head in. I shrugged, not looking at him. He sighed, and walked in, closing the door behind him. I rolled over onto my stomach, burring my face in my pillow, as he sat down next to me. I didn't want to even look at him, because I knew he would see right through my defenses. "Baby, look at me." He said softly, putting his hand on my back. When I didn't, he slowly rolled me over. He didn't say anything. He just stroked my cheek, staring at me in silence.

"Why didn't you ever call?" My voice came out barely a whisper. I knew it was random, but it was a question that had been eating away at me for a while now.

He looked at me confused. "I did." It was my turn to look at him confused. "I called every day for a month. Mom always said you were busy or didn't want to talk." A look of hurt was in his eyes.

"She never told me you called..." I mumbled, thinking back to the first month he was gone.

"Even Johnny tried calling." His eyes turned to anger. "She didn't fucking tell you on purpose." He said more to himself than me.

"Do you really hate me now?" I asked, diverting my eyes from him.

"Hey." He turned my face to look back at him. "I could never hate you. I hated what you became... But I will always love you and care about you." He leaned down and kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry for acting like an ass. There was no reason for it."

I held my arms up to him. "Lay with me and be my teddy bear."

He chuckled, but lay down with me. I snuggled up to him as he wrapped his arms around me. We hadn't done this in the longest time; probably since we were kids...

I woke up to loud noises and the bed moving. I was able to open one eye, and saw all the guys now on my bed. "Aw, look at Big Ol' Matty." Zack cooed, messing with Matt. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Watch it, little girl. You're the reason I'm in this mess." He said, glaring playfully at me.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I said, rolling my eyes.

"That's it!" He moved to tickle me, which shifted everyone, and someone landed on my feet.

I winced in pain, but didn't say anything. "Oh shit!" Jimmy yelped, jumping off. "Sorry, Ros."

"You're fine." I said, smiling up at the giant. He had always been crazy, but also caring.

"Are you sure? I mean-"

"James Owen Sullivan." He froze and scowled at me. He always hated when people called him his whole name.

"Yeup, she's back." Brian said, laughing with everyone else. I picked up my pillow and slapped him with it as hard as I could in the face. When I moved it, he had a dorky look on his face. I just laughed harder.

"Ok, ok. Now that we've woken them up, let's go eat!" Jimmy said, skipping over to the door.

I pulled the pillow to hold it against me. "You guys go ahead, I'm gonna catch back up on my sleep." I said, looking down at the comforter.

"At least eat something first." Matt said.

"I will when I wake up. Just save some for me." I said, smiling up at him to convince him.

He nodded, before they all reluctantly got up and left, except for Brian. "Hey." He said softly, sitting next to me.

"Hey."

He sighed, running his hand through his hair. "Ros, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said the things I did. I was just messing with you, but I knew I shouldn't have."

"Don't worry, Bri. It doesn't matter."

"Yes, it does! You get enough shit from your mom about it, you don't need it from me."

"Hey, sticks and stones, my friend. I've learned that one."

He took my hand in mine. "But do you truly believe it?" I looked down. No one ever really threw that at me. "Come on, at least eat a little bit and I'll let you come back to bed." He said, standing up. I groaned, rolling my eyes.

"Fine." He smiled, before picking me up. "This is going to get really old..."

"Don't worry. You'll be able to walk before Monday. Only if you stay off them for now." I shook my head, before laying it on his shoulder.

Everything felt back to normal, before they left... Almost