‹ Prequel: Careless
Status: Starting

Our Goodbyes

A constant work in progress

Dressed in her Crosby jersey, courtesy of Sidney Crosby himself, Ella looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. She really did want to make a good impression on his friends and team mates, but for some reason they never really gave her the chance. They had already judged her before she could meet them.

She didn't know why they didn't like her. Ella had a feeling that they were being much more polite when she was around by just giving her the cold shoulder or scoffing at her, she had a feeling that when she wasn't around they would talk about her or tell Sidney that she wasn't good for him.

Ella couldn't blame them. Since she was introduced to them, she hadn't been the most supportive of Sidney. Constantly traveling to New York, it also didn't help that she didn't have a job and that Sidney paid for her plane tickets and hotels.

"What up, what up," Taylor announced herself, walking into hers and Sidney's room. "You look cute, you trying to impress a certain big assed hockey player?" she teased, winking at Ella and then dropping to her bed.

Ella laughed sarcastically and tore her eyes away from the mirror. "More like trying to get his friends to like me," she said and laid down the bed as well. "What do you think their problem is?"

"They probably think you're puck bunny after Sid's money," she answered honestly and laughed when Ella gave her a sceptical look. "Boys have the biggest ego. Add money and fame, and they think that everyone's after their money and fame. If I could pin point where all this hate came from, I'm guessing Maxime Talbot."

Sighing, Ella got up from the bed and gathered her bag. "Let's go. I want to see Sid play. I haven't seen him play yet."

Taylor's brows furrowed. "Wait, you've been living with the hockey obsessed golden boy and you haven't seen him play?" she asked rhetorically as she followed Ella out of the apartment.

"I'm always flying to New York and we don't talk much about hockey when we're together. He prefers to stay away from hockey when he's at home." She shrugged and entered the elevator, Taylor in tow.

"And here I thought he always talked about hockey or at least breathed it. I mean back when I lived with my Mom and Dad and he lived with Mario, I don't think I've ever seen him do something that wasn't hockey related."

"Yeah, well it's different when we're at home. He's just Sidney." Ella smiled at the thought of being one of the few lucky enough to see that side of him.

*

Just outside the locker room, Ella waited for Sidney. He had offered to bring her in, but she didn't want to face his friends and she didn't want to be distracting him from his duties to the media.

Watching Sidney play for the first time live, it was exciting. From where Ella was seated (right behind the Penguins bench) she could see how into the game he was. He was completely focused and hardly looked Ella's way at all. It was obvious he loved the game a lot and left nothing on the bench.

Taylor just saw it as an excuse for being afraid to face his friends because she knew that they didn't approve of hers and Sidney's 'relationship'. Popping her gum, Taylor watched Ella closely as she balanced herself on the balls of her feet.

She could see that Ella was anxious. It was obvious that Ella was intimidated by Sidney's friends and that she wanted them to really like her.

"Will you relax?"

"How can I relax when half his team, if not all, hate me?"

Taylor shrugged and went back to picking her nails. "I dunno. Maybe they all like you!" she said as if it was the most brilliant thing in the world. "It could be an awesome Mortal Combat fight for your affection. I can be the one that says 'Finish him'!" Taylor exclaimed excitedly.

Ella shot Taylor an 'are you kidding me?' look and just shook her head. "I worry about you sometimes."

"Don't judge me!" she scowled jokingly.

Ella let out a laugh and smiled widely when she saw Sidney walk out of the dressing room, still in his under armour. "Hey Jose! Please tell me you're not going out in public dressed like that," she said and looked him up and down as he approached the two. "I know you like showing off your big ass."

"You're so funny Ella. Maybe you should just be a comedian. I hear Pittsburgh is looking for one," Sid said sarcastically and wrapped her in a hug. "I just wanted to tell you that I just finished with interviews and that I'm changing now.

"Alright. God you stink, go and change."

Sidney stuck his tongue out and walked back into the changing room.

Taylor looked back at Ella and smirked. "You guys are cute. You guys should just start making babies. Oh God, there's the dirty Russian," she groaned and slapped her forehead.

Looking up from the floor and laughed when she saw Geno, Max and Jordan flooding out of the locker room. "You and your Russians," Ella commented.

The brunette looked at Ella indecorously and flipped her middle finger at her. "Don't have a problem with Russians. I mean look at Gonchar, he is one fine piece of man. It's just this Russian I have a problem with," she said the last part loudly when the three was nearing them.

"Baby Taylor Wright!" Max exclaimed and wrapped his arms around Taylor, ignoring Ella who just stood beside Taylor.

"Hey Superstar, your game kind of sucked tonight," she commented honestly and returned his hug.

"Ouch, that hurt. Right here Taylor, right here," Max put a hand over his heart and gave Taylor a hurtful look.

"Right. You guys no my friend Ella. I'm sure that Sidney introduced you guys, if not, mostly likely talked about his love for her," she joked and stepped aside so that they could see Ella better.

"Yeah, we met her already," Max mumbled and looked at Jordan.

"Hi," Ella greeted them awkwardly and waved at them, but got no response. "Right," she said and fumbled with the hem of her jersey.

Rolling her eyes at the three boy's immaturity, Taylor groaned. She remembered a few nights ago when she received a phone call from Max, telling her that he and the 'guys' made a plant to get Ella's 'sneaky' claws off of Sidney. Taylor started screaming at max, Kris, Jordan and Geno, as she was on speaker, telling them to leave Ella alone.

Of course Taylor didn't tell Ella about any of this because she already had too much on her mind and a problem with the boys is the last thing she needed. Ella was already going through a pending interview with the social worker to see if she was eligible to adopt.

"Oh right! I brought a friend of mine here. I wonder where she is," Max faked enthusiasm and took out his cell phone.

"Yes, bring friend," Geno added.

"What shitty actors," Taylor said under her breath.

Not a even a few minutes later, a beautiful redhead walked through the door, dressed in a Crosby jersey, much like Ella's, and a smile on her face. "Max! I'm so glad you called, I completely forgot where I was going," she laughed.

Looking at her, Ella felt ugly. The girl was gorgeous, bright red hair that looked natural, tall and with a sporty build. It was also clear that the team loved her, because as soon as they saw her, they all started to crowd around her.

"Hey El, sorry it took so-Mandy!"
♠ ♠ ♠
What did you think?
5 new comments or else I won't update the next chapter. This is getting really bad.
Thank you to everyone that comments and reads every time I update.
You guys are freaking awesome.