Sequel: Aliens and Vampires
Status: comments help me write faster

Cats and Dogs

The Mob

The doe walked through the dense trees and I watched every movement as if it was the most fascinating thing in the world. At that moment in time, it was.

The poor animal had no idea what the fates had in store for it and I crouched down before slowly stalking up beside the graceful creature. I could have used my speed to catch it, since I was faster than anything in these woods, but that didn’t give me the warm tingly feeling that I was after, only true hunting did.

STOP! The voice was so loud that I screamed and fell over into the bushes, effectively scaring the deer and I groaned in frustration as it dashed away into the trees.

“Why the hell did you do that for?” I asked aloud since I didn’t have the concentration to speak to the goddess within my mind. “I kissed the mutt, my lips made contact with his skin. Can you please leave me alone?” I pushed myself up off the ground and picked the many sticks and leaves out of my hair and off my clothes.

Then I guess you don’t care that I’m dissolving the physical contact bond. You haven’t tried to kill each other in twenty-four hours and he admitted he loved you. You’ll be fine. I wasn’t about to correct a divine being, so I didn’t mention the fact that Jake had ingested enough alcohol to cause serious problems for a human, before he said anything about his “Love” for me.

“Is that it?” I asked and waited for something bad to happen. When it came to the goddess, something bad always happened.

No, you’re also surrounded by a coven of very rude vampires. I told you.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner!” I exclaimed just as said vampires stepped into the clearing so I could now see them clearly.

You didn’t ask, she said and I was left alone in very hot water.

“Hello,” I said cheerfully as I scanned the people that were now in my field of vision, I was looking for a gap in their circle but instead found something I wasn’t expecting. “Bella, what are you doing here? I thought you’d be at home were its safe, since I really do want to kill you.” Evil bitches deserved to die, hello, it’s in the constitution.

“I wanted to be here to witness the execution of a monster.” She said smugly and I couldn’t help but laugh, if you were in my situation you would have done the same thing.

“Awe, you even formed a mob and everything.” I felt so special, very few people get to say that they’ve been cornered by an angry mob, let alone a vampire one.

“This isn’t amusing,” said Jasper and just because I like to mess with people, I started flicking my emotions back and forth between about twenty different feelings.

“Stop that,” Edward Snapped, obviously figuring out what I was doing by both my mind and Jasper’s. Have I mentioned that I really don’t like him… or his girlfriend, because I don’t.

“What? You all knew that you were getting into when you came to find me. And what the hell is up with the fact every time I step foot in the area of the reservation, someone finds me? It’s like I’m cursed.” No pun intended.

“Oh, just shut up.” Snapped Rosalie as she marched right up to me and wrapped a hand around my throat before squeezing tightly.

“Um… I don’t need air to breathe. You’re just annoying the hell out of me.” I said and smirked when the blonde instantly released me and screeched like the banshee I knew she was.

“Well this is interesting,” I commented when no one spoke for several minutes. “Carlisle, Esme, Emmett, and Alice aren’t here. Hmm… is that because they actually have brains?” You don’t try to kill a cougar shifter, anyone that has done any research knows that. It never works.

“You’re like a wolf, Alice can’t see you. The others didn’t want to take the risk to come.” Said Bella and I noticed that with each word she spoke, the girl moved closer to me until she was standing barely a foot away. “Leave Jacob alone, and we’ll give you the same courtesy. “ What is it with her and Jake? They weren’t together but yet she still wanted to control everything that went on around him.

“Bells, can I call you Bells?” I didn’t wait for an answer before continuing. “I’m Jacob’s imprint, we’re meant to be together and I think you should be worried about your own relationship. I mean, how many guys put up with their girlfriends obsessing over some other man? Apparently he’s only with you for the sex.” I saw the human raise her hand, I saw the hatred in her eyes, and I saw the slap coming my way, but did nothing to stop it.

The moment her hand touched my skin my entire world went black.

[Edward]

Edward watched as Bella struck the cougar shifter across the face and leaped across the clearing to grab his girlfriend before the woman could harm her, only to find that the shifter was laughing softly.

“Did you really think that would hurt one of my kin, Human?” asked Alaivera, but her voice was different, deeper and more powerful. He stared at the multi-haired girl and chanced glances in his family’s directions, only to find that they looked as confused as he felt.

“And you.” Alai turned so that she had all three vampires in her sights. “There was one a time when vampires were respected and feared. Vegetarians, you are no better than the disgusting humans you associate with.” Her eyes once again landed on Bella and Edward had never seen anyone look as angry as Alaivera did at that moment in time. “Lay a hand on my daughter again and you will pay dearly.”

“Cut the crap, Alai,” Bella snarled. “If you think this sick charade is going to change anything, you’re wrong.” Edward wanted more than anything to smack the brunette, how could she not tell something was wrong here?

“Bella,” said Jasper just moments before Alai’s eyes turned black and wind started to swirl around the open space, hitting the one’s in attendance with dirt, sticks, and small rocks.

“Do not speak to me in that manner and never again address my kin by a name that you have not been granted permission to use.” The cougar didn’t speak like that, these words were calculated and thought through, unlike the sarcastic sentences she normally used.

“Who are you?” asked Edward. “You’re not Alaivera.” He made sure not to use the nickname that made addressing the shifter much easier.

“I’m not. Perhaps you are not as hopeless as you first appear. Tell me vampire, why do feel the need to exterminate the youngest of my children?” Edward felt an elbow jab him in the ribs and he looked down and Bella’s scowling face before answering the way she wanted him to.

“She’s dangerous, to my family and this town.” That simply made the woman laugh, a cold, dark, laugh, but one nonetheless.

“Alaivera has never once tried to harm you, not when you tried to kill her while she in her true form, not when your family attacked her that same night when you discovered what she was, and not when your… companion lay a hand upon her in violence. She is not a danger or a threat to anyone.” Edward had to admit that this… whatever it was, actually had a point. He’d never seen the shifter try to hurt anyone before, she may have talked about hurting people but she had never gone through with it.

“You might have a point,” he said and Bella stomped on his foot, causing her to hiss in pain and for tears to build up in the corners of her eyes.

“I always have one,” Alaivera said and looked over at both Rosalie and Jasper before saying in a tone so low that even Edward had a hard time hearing her, “leave us.” The duo thankfully had enough sense to do as she said and left as instructed.

“You can’t just order them around,” said Bella, causing Alai to give her a murderous look, one that Edward hoped he’d never have to see again.

“And who shall stop me from doing so?” she asked, bending down to look the brunette in the eye which caused a strand of hair to fall in her face. “And Brandon is getting a hurricane on his birthday for as long as he lives. For doing this.” The piece of hair disappeared behind her ear but her eyes never left Bella’s.

“I’m sorry,” The purple-haired… thing whispered before straightening and walking away from the couple as if nothing had happened.

“Are you just going to let her go?” Bella asked as she pulled away from Edward with a scowl on her face. “We did all that, just for you to watch her walk away? And what the hell did she mean by “I’m sorry’?”Actually he was pretty content in doing just that, and as to why the woman said something random… well, apparently Alai was still in there somewhere.

“Edward!” She screeched and the vampire just shrugged in response. “Well, I’m going to figure out what she meant.” The brunette said and stomped away, causing Edward to reluctantly follow after her, he didn’t want his girlfriend getting eaten by a bear, Charlie would try to kill him, he’d kill Charlie, they’d have to move again, it was just too much trouble.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, the challenge is over. The next chapter is coming soon and you'll find out what happens then. A couple of people gave me the answer I was looking for and I'm taking that as a sign that more are about to figure it out as well. I can only make so many banners and layouts. Now, don't go asking everybody on the comment page if they got it right, because the people who did have no idea. It's all a big surprise.

This chapter marks the point where everything starts to go wrong, where Alaivera's life gets just a little more complicated. Because we all know it was far too easy for her before.

As for the sequel, a few people said they wanted one and of course I was already ahead of the game and have a basic outline planned because a I was watching T.V and an idea just came to me.

Cats and Dogs <-- First story. You should know that since you're reading it.
Aliens and Vampires <-- Second story. Hopefully the title gives you a little sneak peak.