Sequel: Aliens and Vampires
Status: comments help me write faster

Cats and Dogs

The Imprints

[Brandon]

A loud knocking sound alerted an unconscious Brandon that someone was at the door, managing to wake him, along with every other person in the living room.

“Who the hell is that?” asked Sam and the wolves merely moaned in response.

“Just ignore them and they’ll go away,” Brandon offered and moved closer to Leah in order to get his head fully on the pillow she was hogging.

Another round of knocking, these having much more force than the others made the red head realize that his plan may not have been a plausible one. “Quil, go get the door.” He groaned and tried unsuccessfully to fall back to sleep.

“I’m not getting up,” the boy said stubbornly. “Why don’t you get it? You never know, it may be someone important.” Brandon highly doubted that since the only visitors Alai said she ever had, was the pack and as far as he knew, they were already there.

“I don’t care if it’s the Loch Ness monster, I’m not moving,” the shifter all but growled and snuggled into his imprint, causing him to become far less frightening.

“Please, Brandon.” Leah said when three more hard knocks echoed through the room. “Please.” That one word broke whatever resolve Brandon had built up and with a pained groan the shape shifter crawled out of bed, cursing Alai for not laying out Tylenol like any good hostess.

“Thanks, B.” Jake grunted and rolled over before falling asleep again.

“No problem,” Brandon replied even though he was the only one still awake and sighed before staggering to the front door, from which the offending noise was coming from. “What?” The boy hissed as he leaned against the door jam, only to straighten up at the sight of his friend standing before him with a very strange look on her face.

“Alai?” He asked slightly confused as to why the woman had decided to knock, causing several headaches, instead of simply coming into her own home.

“You are mistaken, Brandon Carson.” She said and the red head’s eyes widened almost comically, he knew that voice, he’d heard it more times than he could count in the past few centuries.

“Goddess? Why are you wearing an Alai suit?” Brandon asked and he couldn’t stop himself from poking the woman in the forehead as if to make sure she was really there.

“I’ve come to meet Jacob.” The goddess replied and he continued to stare at her as if Brandon thought this was one big joke. “Alaivera was in a situation. I rectified it.” That seemed to snap the shifter out of whatever trance he was in and he asked a fairly good question in his opinion.

“Haven’t you already met Jake?” Goddesses had a way of knowing everyone; it was kind of in their job description.

“No. I have seen him, but never have I met him. Now please retrieve the boy so I may speak with him.” Brandon didn’t know whether to ask another question or do what the being wanted and since he wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, he decided to the first option seemed promising.

“Where’s Alai?” He asked and knew right then that this was the last question that would come out of his mouth tonight. The lady did not look happy, with a scowl of displeasure on her face and a hard look in her now black eyes.

“She’s… preoccupied. Retrieve the wolf now; I am not apposed to using force to get what I want.” With that, Brandon nodded curtly and sprinted back towards the living room where his ears were immediately assaulted by the obnoxious sound of a several different snores.

“Jacob, wake up.” Brandon said and nudged the wolf a couple of times before having to duck to keep Jake’s hand out of the immediate vicinity of his head.

“Go ‘way,” the brunette mumbled and Brandon grabbed the pillow from under Leah’s head in order to whack the boy with it. There was a persistent goddess outside and Brandon was not going to keep her waiting if he could help it.

“What the hell?” Leah and Jake both exclaimed as they jumped out of bed to face the pillow wielding fiend.

“Sorry, Jake come with me; Leah, sweetie, you can go back to sleep.” The imprint expert had no idea how to he managed to smile when his head felt as though someone was trying to drill a hole through it, but by some miracle, he did.

“Why?” asked Jacob as he patted down his hair in a futile attempt to make it lay flat. “Can’t I just go back to sleep?” Brandon had to take several deep breaths in order to keep himself from screaming.

“Just come on.” He snapped and grabbed Jake’s arm in a forceful grip before dragging him across the room, with Leah right behind them. “You don’t have to come,” Brandon said without turning around but even as the words left his mouth he had the strange feeling that she should be there when he opened the door in front of him.

“There’s no way I’m going back to sleep now,” she answered and wrapped an arm around the red head’s waist, causing him to sigh in contentment.

[Goddess-Real Name Unknown]

The spirit looked up at the house that was her daughter’s current residence, it wasn’t magnificent or something she would have picked out for her but it was in Alai’s taste so it’d do for the time being.

Brandon was taking longer than expected and the noises of the night did little to keep her occupied so when the sound of leaves crunching under the feet of oncoming guests reached her ears she smiled and turned to the duo. Unsurprised that they had followed her here after what she had said.

“Edward, Isabella,” she said with a nod in their direction. “What is it I can do for you?” When neither made a move to speak or come any closer, the woman turned back to the house and stared at the front door as if it would make the shifters appear faster.

“What did you mean?” asked a female voice from behind her but instead of turning around she answered with her eyes still locked onto the ocean blue door in front of her.

“You, Isabella Swan have a… interesting life ahead of you. A long one, an immortal one, but it shall not go the way you plan it to.” There was a muffled scream, most likely caused my Bella screaming and Edward keeping a hand placed over her mouth.

“Stop it!” The vampire hissed and released the girl only to have her storm up to the seemingly unresponsive goddess.

“Stop talking in riddles,” She ordered and reached for the older woman in order to turn her around, but before she could lay a hand on her, the goddess turned and grabbed the appendage.

“You are an insufferable brat. The world doesn’t revolve around you, I’m not one of your vampires, and I take orders from no one. Lay a hand on me and I will make your life a living hell.” The shifters chose that precise moment to open the door and she knew exactly what must have been going on in Jacob’s mind.

“What’s going on?” The Native American man asked as he ran over and ripped Bella away from the goddess. “Why do you always have to be such a bitch?” He asked and started looking Bella over as if he was sure the Alaivera look-a-like had harmed the girl in some way.

“Jacob Black, this is not what it seems.” It was slightly humiliating to admit but the goddess was afraid of her daughter and did not want to see her reaction when she found she had run her mate off.

“Really? Because it looks as though you were threatening her.” Bella had a smirk on her face as Jake turned and stared at the goddess as if she was the lowest life form on Earth.

“You don’t understand,” she replied and looked at Edward for back-up only to see that he was giving both Brandon and Leah strange looks due to the fact they couldn’t seem to take their eyes off him. The sight would have made the woman smile but this was too serious a situation. “She-“

“Save it,” the wolf hissed. “I really don’t care how much pain I’m in, I never want to see you again. God Alai, I knew you were cruel, but I never thought you’d go so far as to threaten someone for no reason.” The boy didn’t wait for any other explanations before storming away ,pulling Bella behind him. Edward didn’t say anything but at that moment she doubted he was really paying attention to what was happening around him.

“Fuck,” The goddess cursed before stepping out of the body she was occupying in order to follow Jacob wherever he went without him knowing. The moment the woman left Alaivera’s body it slumped to the ground as the owner slipped back into it.

[Alaivera]

My head was killing me and for some reason I felt as though I was lying on the ground, well if the sticks and rocks that were poking my sides were anything to go by. I couldn’t remember exactly what had happened after Bella-that bitch- had hit me but I had the feeling it was more than me simply passing out.

“Just when I thought I was allowed to die,” The sound of Brandon’s voice tempted me to open my eyes and the scene before me only managed to confuse my already fragile mind. Brandon and Leah were standing side by side and staring intently at a very freaked out Edward, though the strangest part was that the four of us were outside my house. Causing me to feel out of the loop, I mean like the loop wasn’t even in my field of vision anymore I was so out of it. You all know what I’m talking about.

“Ah, screw it!” He exclaimed and marched up to Edward, placed two fingers under his chin, and tilted his head up just before he leaned down and kissed him. Well, as you can imagine my eyes widened to five times their natural size at that and nearly feel out of my head when Leah calmly walked up to the now ‘M’ rated duo, pulled Brandon away from Edward, only to kiss the vampire herself.

“Alright, I’m confused.” I groaned and closed my eyes again, hoping that this didn’t give me nightmares for the rest of my life. “What in the world is going on?” I really didn’t know if I wanted to be informed of these strange happenings but figured the more they talked the fewer-oh goddess- sounds… I’d have burned into my eardrums.

“We imprinted,” Brandon said though his voice sounded a lot like a moan, causing a wave of disgust to wash over me. Hello, this was my friend, another friend, and the boyfriend of the highest rated bitch in the area, not something I’d want to think about, see, or hear.

“Again,” Leah added and I almost laughed at the situation. Of course they did, my life wasn’t weird enough before my friends started imprinting on vampires AND each other. Sarcasm is my way of dealing with trauma and trust me; this is a very traumatic experience.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updating at 4am, if I didn’t have so many subscribers (I love you all, kinda, come on I don’t even know you) then no one would read this story due to my updating tendencies.

In my story Leah has never met Edward, because of course that is the only way it fits. I know you all think that this imprinting thing is just random and I pulled it out of my metaphorical hat, but I actually have a reason for it. Well, in the sequel which I already have three chapters completed, the main character mates with a certain person, but this person is unavailable because of someone. SO I had to get this someone with someone else… Bella, but I couldn’t let Edward be all alone because I was an Edward fan before he turned crazy a hundred pages into the first book, so I pushed him together with Brandon and Leah. I know, I’m so clever.

The rest of the chapters in the story are going to switch from Alai's point of view to Jacob's point of view every other chapter because a lot is going to happen in a relatively short period of time.

Okay, so I was looking for one answer and unless you used a specific word then your answer was wrong. Click one of the two links below to find out if your answer was the one I was looking for. If you are a winner leave a comment on my profile page or PM me to discuss your prize.

Winner 1
Winner 2