Sequel: Aliens and Vampires
Status: comments help me write faster

Cats and Dogs

The Second Carson

I had been sitting on that stupid, hard, cold, metal chair for almost two days, only moving when Jacob was given his one bathroom break which his father supervised, and I can honestly say I was just moments away from snapping the shape shifter's neck and just giving up all hope. The boy hadn't said a word since I sat down, hadn't made a noise when I slowly drank a bottle of water-which he hadn't had since he was tied up, hadn't drooled when I ate when he was denied the right to do so. I was running out of ideas, well, non-harmful ideas at least.

"They're only eight words Jacob Black. I. Take. Alaivera. Carden. As. My. Soul. Mate. Just say them and this will all be over, you'll be freed, given food and water, and for goodness sakes man you'll be able to use the bathroom without your father watching. Alaivera can be yours Jake, your imprint, your wife, your friend above all else. She's not as bad as you make her out to me, just give in and have the happy life you always dreamed of.

"But you won't will you? No, you run away from the people you love- and don't say you don't love her. When was the last time you talked to your sisters? Or said something of meaning to your father? What would your mother say to the fact you've been pushing everyone away?" I heard the goddesses words even though they weren't meant for me. This was one of those perks I was talking about earlier, I can hear everything my goddess says to Jake and everything he says back. It's like free cable.

"Don't you dare bring her into this!" The snarl came through loud and clear in the mental connection and there was a moment of silence- almost as if the woman was formulating her next move- before she spoke again.

"You know I'm right, you just don't want to admit it. Just say the words and I'll leave you alone, you'll be happy. I don't know why your fighting this so hard." I knew why, because he was a stubborn jackasss and there was no getting around that. And before one of you idiots ask, no, I can't go over or under it either.

"I don't like her." Jake growled, "I'm meant to be with Bella, why does no one understand that!" Because his mind was warped, that was why.

I didn't wait to hear the goddess' response to that and instead called for Billy who immediately rolled in, leaving me to believe that he had been waiting next to the door this entire time. That wasn't a crazy assumption, I mean, would you all leave your kids in my care without supervision. I thought not.

"Can you watch him please, I need to talk to the guys about.... the upcoming days until the full moon." That was code for torture, just thought I'd mention that.

"Sure. Is he okay?" Jacob was staring at the corner of the garage and looked as though he wanted to kill it. But I think the part Billy was concerned with was the fact he was talking to himself. Okay, to the goddess which only he and I could hear; to his father, it looked as if he had lost his mind. News flash, that ship has sailed.

"Yeah, he's just tired." I explained and gave the man a small smile before making a dash for the door.

The first thing I noticed when I walked into the kitchen was that everyone was there, and I mean everyone, even that annoying vampire that I wasn't aloud to smack.

"How's it going?" asked Seth the moment he and the others saw me. "Have you killed him yet?" Why does everyone assume I'm violent? What have I done to make them come to such a conclusion.... alright, maybe they have sound reasoning. Maybe.

"Badly, and yes, he's still alive. Brandon I need to use your phone." The wolf immediately turned his head away from Leah's neck and gave me a look that meant he obviously did not like being interrupted.

"Why?" he asked and nearly every person in the room leaned forward as if the answer that was about to come would put a stop to global warming. Flattering? Yes. Creepy? Definitely.

"I want to call Jamie, he's good at this kind of thing and the last time I checked he's in your fave five. Now please hand over the phone." No reason to waste my cell phone minutes when carrot top can call for free.

"Alright, but put it on speaker." Brandon ordered as he slowly extended the silver device as if he thought I would attack him if he didn't. "I don't trust you and my brother talking without me there. Bad things usually happen you two start having private conversations." He makes it sound as if we plan out ways to destroy the world's economy.... that only happened once. ONCE! Brandon needs to build a bridge and get over it.

"You have a brother?" asked Paul, "why didn't you ever say anything?" Okay, apparently he needs to realize that everyone is an open book like me.

"You didn't ask," Brandon answered simply and shook my head at the stupid grin on the red head's face before dialing the needed number.

"Hello, B?" Came Jamie's voice from the phone in my hand. "What the hell do you want? I thought you were on vacation? You better be enjoying it because the San Fransisco pack is trying to claim our territory and-"

"James, it's Alai!" I said, cutting him off before the poor boy could collapse from the lack of oxygen. I've seen him do it, I'm not crazy.

"Alai? Just forget everything I said. That's pack business, not meant for your ears; understand?" I looked over at Brandon and had to bite my lip to keep from laughing at him as he hit his head repeatedly on the cabinet behind him.

"Jamie, I swear to god if you don't shut the hell up. I'm going to throttle you." He hissed and continued his head bashing as if nothing had happened.

"Love you too, brother dear. Alai, not that I don't love hearing your wonderful, sparkly voice or anything, but is there a reason why you've decided to annoy me?" I can just feel the love.

"Yeah. Did Brandon tell you about my mate?" I leaned against the nearest person, which just happened to be Jared and waited for the older wolf to answer my question.

"He did. You hate him, he hates you. Lots of problems. How does this concern me?" I knew no one else could hear it, but there was a definite edge of curiosity in the man's voice.

"Well, I have three days to get him to accept me as his mate. Now, he's stubborn, think Danny Wood times ten." I said bringing up a mutual friend that I knew would put Jake's personality into perspective. "And I was hoping you could possibly give me your expert opinion on how to proceed with the... aggressive negotiations." That of course earned me several strange looks but that's just the way I roll. Keeping people guessing and thinking I've gone crazy since 1893.

"Well, there are a lot of things I've been meaning to test out." Jamie told me with an evil undertone clear in his voice. "Any restrictions?" I could just imagine that boy laughing maniacally and rubbing his hands together like the villian in an old disney movie.

"I can't kill him," I started.

"Of course not."

"All body parts must stay intact."

"Fine."

"Any injuries must be something a wolf can recover from easily."

"O-okay."

"And since I'll be mainly working alone, it can't be anything that involves humilation in front of a large group of people."

"Where's the fun in that?! Is there anything you can do?" Brandon had stopped hurting himself but started up again after that. I'm just thinking aloud here, but I think he's ashamed of his little brother.

"Fuck his mind up so bad that the only thing he's able to say is: I take Alaivera Carden as my soul mate." I offered seriously and was immediately assulted by the sound of an entire pack of wolves growling at me. Alright, so maybe that wasn't the best idea.

"Who are you there with?" James asked, obviously hearing the noises coming from the men -and I use the term loosely- that I used to call my friends.

"Just Jake's pack, your brother, and a strange vampire." One more growl met my ears, this one not belonging to a dog.

"Cool." The boy over the phone answered as if the fact a vampire was in the same room with one of his friends was no big deal. "Um... did you read the book I gave you for your birthday?" He asked suddenly, and I was reminded of the work of non-fiction that he had given me last January, causing me to smile as I caught onto his little deviously wonderful plan.

"Yes."

"Do you remember chapter ten?" My smile only widened and I was honestly surprised that my face didn't crack. I'm never this happy.

"Yeah, but remind me."

------------------------------------------------------------------~♥~----------

"Thanks Jamie, when I come back to town I totally owe you. Whoever you want 'taken care of' they're gone." I only got a laugh in response before I hung up the phone and handed it to Brandon who had an overly excited look on his face, apparently I wasn't the only one that wanted to squeal like a girl. Please note I said wanted to, I never actually would.

"You're going to need someone to help you," Sam said from his position, leaning against the counter with a disapproving glare pointed in my direction.

"I know this, it's just a matter of deciding which of my lovely friends I want to do so." As I spoke, I started backing up and stopped just far enough away that I could see everyone in the room without having to spin around like a dog trying to catch it's own tail. "Alright, you three are obviously out," I said pointing to the disgusting trio to my left. "Sam, you have an imprint. Paul, no, just... no. Seth, definitely not, that's illegal in all fifty states. Jared, my first born child will bear your name, that's enough priviledge for you. Embry, no, that's not believable. Now, Quil... you I can work with."

He didn't seem too happy with the idea but made no objections, probably because he was afraid of my wrath but hey, use what you can, right?

"Seth, hand me a knife please." The cub didn't even hesitate before grabbing said object from a holder to his left and handing it to me.

"Thanks, now let's go." I grabbed Quil by the ear and dragged him from the room. Jake had no idea what was in store for him. No idea at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------~♥~----------

Quil and I stood in front of Jake without saying a word. Billy had reluctantly left several minutes ago after questioning us throughly as to why I had a sharp object near his son.

"Jake," I started and Quil silently sat down in the chair I had occupied earlier. "You don't seem to want to cooperate." The knife passed from my left hand to my right and Jacob watched it the entire time.

"I don't blame you. Afterall, if I had the choice I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life with you either but.... we don't always get to choose now do we?" I walked around the wolf slowly until I was standing behind him, allowing me to see the hairs on the back of his neck standing up in a sign that he was obviously scared, even if he wouldn't admit it.

"Now, I've accepted that you'll always be a jerk, that's fine. But if I have to accept that, then you'll have to accept a few things too. Like the fact that, yes, I can be a bitch, but I can be pretty darn sweet too if you let me be. And.... that I'm like a vampire in many ways. Normally, I try to hide these things, but to you, my soul mate, I should have no secrets." Quil was watching this and even though I had discussed this with the pack before hand, I knew he wasn't exactly happy about it.

"For starters," I said softly as I ran the sharp edge of the knife down Jake's neck, causing a line of blood to appear from behind his left ear to the place where neck met shoulder. "I love the taste of blood." Jacob didn't even have the chance to stiffen in anticipation before I bent down and licked away the trail of blood. Reminding him that I may have been a lot of things, but I wasn't a liar.

"But unlike the Cullens, I'm not afraid to take it." I raised the knife and started the second cut. It was going to be a long three days.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this is a start to the wonderful torture. It's more complicated than just cutting and licking, there's a pyscological and emotional side to it that will come later. It case you all are wondering, Jamie's full name is James Avideror Carson. He is ten years younger than Brandon making him the second oldest shape shifter; and if Brandon is an imprint expert than he's a torture expert, the man's mind is sick. I've been in it, I know.

Sorry it took so long to post, I wrote it a few days ago but it got deleted (I deleted it because I didn't name it correctly and thought it was useless.) Then I rewrote it and my computer got a virus and I couldn't go online. Then, I had to type it onto a second computer, which took way longer than I wanted to spend. AND THEN, I ended up adding those two end parts because I thought the chapter was imcomplete. Be thankful I did so.