Sequel: Aliens and Vampires
Status: comments help me write faster

Cats and Dogs

The Idea

It took every member of the pack, including a slightly pissed off Jacob, to force the large cougar into the pin in the back yard which was normally used for the younger shifters that had trouble controlling their nature.

“Can we kill him now?” asked Seth as he nursed his arm which had three long scratches running down the length, just proof that this wasn’t Alai, not really at least.

“We have to talk to Billy first,” Brandon answered and looked over to where the man was sitting next to the back door, watching his son with a glare that was in no way kind. “Is it okay?” He expected the younger man to tell him that he’d much rather keep the boy alive, but that wasn’t the answer he received.

“Sure, just don’t get blood on the house.” With that he turned and rolled back inside as if he hadn’t just condemned his son to death.

“I feel loved.” Jacob mumbled, which really was a stupid thing to do since it immediately drew everyone’s attention to him. Yeah, maybe they weren’t being over dramatic when they said they wanted to kill him.

“SHUT UP!” Screamed Jared and it was only a well timed grab made by Paul that kept the wolf from launching himself at his pack mate. “YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO MAKE FUCKING JOKES. SHE’S GONE BECAUSE OF YOU! SHE WAS OUR FRIEND AND YOU KILLED HER!” Jacob tried to take a step back but was immediately gifted with a hand curling around his throat from behind.

“I don’t like her!” Jake said, trying his best to ignore the pressure at his neck, thanks to Sam who was just barely managing to control himself enough to keep from ending the beta’s life right there. “Why does everyone blame me for refusing to spend the rest of my life with someone I hate?!” Several growls broke out among the small group and only one person seemed calm and strangely it was Brandon.

“What the hell is your problem?!” Cried Embry when the red head reached into his pocket to retrieve his phone which he immediately opened and started reading something on the screen. The wolf was weird, that much was obvious.

“I’ve got an idea, don’t kill him yet.” Brandon spoke to the entire pack but his eyes never left Sam, as if ordering the man to release his second in command, which normally would have led to the red head being mutilated beyond recognition. But for some reason, the larger alpha backed down, letting the smaller man have control… for right now at least.

Jake immediately stepped away from Sam the moment he was released, not wanting to become captured again, only to have Brandon grab a handful of his hair and toss him to the ground as if he was nothing more than a rag doll.

“I want you to give me an honest answer.” The man said slowly as if he felt Jacob wouldn’t be able to understand him if he spoke a normal pace. “Do you truly believe that the average person has two soul mates? And yes, an imprint is a soul mate.” The brunette was just about to point out that Brandon obviously had two so his question didn’t mean anything, but remembered the older wolf had said “average”.

“No, but what the hell has that to do with anything?” He asked, truly confused as to where Brandon was about to take this.

“Goddess, you’re such an idiot!” The red head exclaimed and only Leah’s presence to his left kept him from tearing the other man’s head off. Something like that really shouldn’t be done in the presence of a lady. “Do you even realize that you just killed your only chance at happiness? Do you realize how many of the people here would give anything to have their imprints and you just threw yours away as if she was a piece of trash. You’ll never find someone more perfect-“ Jake opened his mouth to argue that point but shut it again when he saw the looks his “friends” gave him.

“She was practically made for you. Everything Alai did was incredibly similar to what you would do. She was a bitch to your jerkness, she was stubborn like you, she was fun to be around when she wasn’t in a mood… is any of this sounding familiar or should I go on?” Once again Jake was about to speak but was silenced, this time by the same person who had asked the question in the first place. “Oh yeah, there’s also the fact your ages are creepily similar, 17 and 117. I’ve been alive for far too long to think that’s a coincidence, and I think you’re smart enough to believe otherwise as well.” When the red head remained silent for several seconds, Jacob thought it was safe enough to speak.

“So… she’s a cougar, in more ways then one. That doesn’t mean anything.” That poor attempt at a joke earned him a very hard kick to the stomach and normally Seth committing such an act would have been amusing. Unfortunately, pain isn’t a very laughable when one is experiencing it.

“Seth.” Growled Embry as he pulled the young cub away from the other wolf before he could get another kick in. “Now’s not the time. Brandon, you said you had an idea?”

“Yeah, but that’s all it is, I have no idea if it’ll work or not.” The older wolf explained without looking away from Jake, who was trying to get up even though Brandon had placed a foot on his chest the first time he tried such an act.

“It’s better than just leaving her like this! What is it?” Paul’s obvious care for Alai made everyone stare at him as if he had grown a second head, ate it, and then smiled as if he was incredibly proud of himself. Not that Paul was uncaring or cruel…. But let’s be honest, the boy would sell his mother for the right price.

“The full moon lasts for three days, if we can get this stubborn jackass,” Brandon nodded to Jake as if no one would know who he was talking about, “to agree to the bond before then, we might be able to turn Alai back.”

“I’m not agreeing to mate with that… creature!” Jake screamed before anyone else could say anything. “I LOVE Bella and she loves me. I know she does!” Sam looked absolutely murderous, there was no doubt in anyone’s mind that if Quil hadn’t quickly pulled him aside, that he would have gone against Billy’s wishes and indeed gotten blood on the house.

“Actually, she doesn’t.” Came a voice from the pack’s left, causing everyone to look in said direction, laying their eyes on a very familiar bronze haired vampire.

“Oh good, it’s a bloodsucker.” Jake mumbled and thankfully Edward ignored the comment, deciding to instead, explain his first statement.

“I just came back from the house and you’ll never guess who was there. Bella, apparently she accepted the break up and was taking it pretty hard, thankfully Emmett’s tongue down her throat is managing to keep her from being too depressed.” An unnatural silence filled the backyard before Jake exploded in anger.

“You’re a fucking liar! She wouldn’t go to him! She loves me, it was you that was keeping her from realizing that.” Jacob knew he was right, just like how all teenage girls knew vampires were real. This one leech wasn’t going to make him doubt himself.

“She doesn’t.” The vampire said, “and from the look of things I’d say you’ve screwed up your love life to a point that even I must applaud you.” That stupid animal must have thought he was so funny when he slowly started clapping, a huge, sarcastic smile on his face. Damn, the last thing he needed was another Alai.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully some of you will start piecing together which of the vampires will become the next love intrest in Aliens and Vampires.

Sorry, for any errors, I didn't have a chance to read over it. I was in a tad of a hurry to get it posted for all those wonderful people that commented.