Sequel: Aliens and Vampires
Status: comments help me write faster

Cats and Dogs

The Retrieval

Alaivera's Journal

Image

“Jacob Black,” I whispered to myself as I lay on the roof of my house, just staring up at the stars. “Tell me about Jacob Black.” The request barely left my mouth before words started flying through my mind.

Happy

Serious

Stubborn

Difficult

Friendly

Kind

Strong

Ferocious

Yours


I didn’t know how that happened, but whenever I met someone important and asked for information aloud, it was given to me in one way or another.

Whether it was by memories I never knew I had, images of the future, or as you just saw, words that that described their personality.

“You forgot one” I said aloud to whatever managed to put those thoughts in my head, since I knew it wasn’t me. “Dog.”

I remained on my roof for the rest of the night, only coming inside when the sun started to rise and annoy the living hell out of me.

“Good night world,” I whispered as I curled up on a fabric covered platform in my room. I knew that no one was around to hear me or even care that I had spoken but it felt good to hear my own voice, it made me feel a little less alone.

------------------------------------------------------------------~♥~----------

I woke up the next evening to the annoying sound of someone knocking on my door. There really should be a law stating that crazy neighbors should be locked up in their houses until midnight.

“Who the hell is it?” I growled as I pulled open my front door to see Seth standing there, looking very uncomfortable. “Oh, it’s you.” I sighed as I leaned against the door jam. “What do you want?” Some of us have very important things to attend to. Like getting in an extra hour of sleep.

“Sam told Jacob to tell Quil to tell me to tell you that they want to talk to you.” He said and flinched when I straightened up.

“What’s it about?” I asked already knowing exactly what the conversation was going to be on.

“Don’t be a smart ass,” he snapped, “you already know what they want to say to you, so come on.” He went from uncomfortable to just plain pissed off in less than a second and I thought he looked kind of cute with steam coming out of his ears.

“Fine, since you asked so nicely,” I joked. “Let me just get my bag.” I ducked back inside and took my black back pack off the hook by the door before following the wolf down my street.

“Let me get that,” said Seth as he held out his hand for my bag. He looked a little guilty about his earlier outburst and since I’m such a kind person I decided to let him redeem himself.

“Alright, but it’s heavy” I warned him and slung the pack off my back before handing it to him. He took it and gasped before giving me an “are you crazy?” look.

“What do you have in here?” He asked as he looped his arms through the straps. “Rocks?” Actually I did, but I wasn’t about to tell him that.

“No, my makeup.” Seth stared at me for a few seconds as if he couldn’t tell if I was joking or not. Don’t you just hate it when your jokes go unappreciated?

“So where are we going?” I asked when the uncomfortable silence became too much for me to handle. We were currently walking through the forest and I knew that there weren’t any houses on this side of the reservation.

“The beach,” he said.”There’s a small alcove in the side of the cliff that Sam thinks that would be the perfect place to talk to you.” I can honestly say that I felt kind of special when he told me that they actually put thought into where we would have this little meeting.

“Let me guess, there’s only one entrance into this little area, right?” He nodded in response and I smiled. Some people are so predictable.

“Well then, let’s don’t keep them waiting,” I said and started running toward the only cliff in the area.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you were actually excited to face certain doom,” said Seth as he fell into pace beside me.

“Kind of, I have things I have to do later and the sooner I get this done the better. Plus, I get enjoyment out of messing with people.” I’m other deathly afraid of humans or trying to mess with them, there’s no such thing as middle ground with me.

“You’re a strange one Alai,” he said and we ran in silence the rest of the way until we came to a huge cliff and saw everyone standing in circle. They must have remembered my aversion to women because Leah was nowhere to be found.

“Well hello boys,” I said cheerfully once Seth and I came to a stop in front of them. “I heard you want to talk to me.” No one said anything, almost as if they didn’t have any idea of how to start the upcoming conversation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a heads up, this story is going to be more supernatural than twilight. I know what you're thinking: "Twilight has vampires and werewolves, how is this story going to be more supernatural?" Well it just is okay.