Sequel: Aliens and Vampires
Status: comments help me write faster

Cats and Dogs

The Conversation

“When you have something to say, I’ll be waiting.” I crossed my arms over my chest and watched as the boys in front of me opened and closed their mouths several times like fish out of water.

“This is really uncomfortable” I told them and marched off into the small alcove that they were standing in front of. I had just entered the small cave-like opening when I had the feeling that someone was behind me.

“Wow, Jake,” I said when I turned around to find his face only a few centimeters in front of mine. If I had sneezed our lips would have made contact. Weird image, I know. But it’s the truth.

“I don’t like you,” he said venomously, but didn’t back away from me which I thought was a little weird.

“Cool, but you can’t fight an imprint Jakie boy,” Now that caused him to turn a deep shade of red and storm out of the alcove as if death itself was on his heels. What I say?

“That boy has problems,” I said to the other pack members that were staring at me as if I had grown a second head and started to talk to it.

“Speaking of problems,” said Sam. “It seems we have one with you.” Oh, if only I had a dollar for every time someone had said that to me. I’d buy Trump towers and put Donald out on the street, oh yes, the world would be right.

“How the hell do you know about us?” asked Embry. I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off like the mongrel he was. “And don’t you dare say it came to you in a dream because none of us are likely to believe that.” Everyone nodded their approval of that statement and I should have felt like prey… but I didn’t.

“The truth is,” I started, deciding to just tell them so I could get out of here, “you’re not the only werewolf pack in the world. I’ve seen them in every state and providence on this planet. So I had already known about shape shifters when I suddenly had a dream on the plane to Washington, about the wolves and vampires in this town. I don’t care if you believe that or not, but it’s the truth.”

I watched as every one of those boys narrowed their eyes in my direction and growled as if I was intruding on their territory.

“What are you?” asked Quil and the others continued to growl at me. Why do people have a hard time believing that a human can actually know stuff?

“Don’t ask stupid questions,” I snapped. “You can tell I’m human just by smelling me.” Even though I really wasn’t a human, I smelt like one and that definitely came in handy. I took my bag from Seth who had been standing a few feet to my right without breaking eye-contact with the wolves. “Now if you’ll excuse me, it’s time I left.” I didn’t even have the chance to take a step before I pushed against the wall by a very angry looking Jacob Black. Didn’t he storm off?

“You’re not going anywhere.” He seethed and I was forced to ask myself this question what did I do to him?

“Fine, you have five minutes before I get really pissed and ow, you’re hurting me.” The last part was a total lie but I couldn’t pass up the chance to see that look of shear horror that spread across his face.

“Sorry.” He whispered and left once again. I could not and would not live with that for the rest of my life. Only one of us could be mentally unstable and I called dibbs.

“Just ask me whatever the hell you have to ask me before I take my anger out on random canines.” I snapped when I realized that the pack was staring at me after Jacob’s bi-polar episode.

“Why do you live alone?” asked Seth. “You’re only like what-sixteen?” He was off by about a century and it felt good to know I didn’t look as old as I felt some days.

“Emancipated,” I answered simply. “Four minutes.” My foot had a mind of its own and started tapping impatiently against the stone floor. I needed to get going if I wanted to be there in time.

“Why do you travel so much?” asked Jared and I knew he must have picked up on the not so subtle hints at my worldly knowledge.

“Looking for something I couldn’t find.” Please note that I said couldn’t not can’t. “Three minutes.”

“Why do the Cullen’s hate you?” asked Paul. He had a look on his face that made me internally shudder. He’d try to kill me over anything, didn’t mean he would, but he’d try.

“That’s a three minute answer, even if it won’t take that long to explain.” I said smiling at the encounter that had taken place a few days prior to this little meeting. “The bloodsuckers hate me because I’m not afraid of them, they can’t get to me by simply hissing in my direction. Vampires like to be feared, it’s how they remain powerful, I took that away from them, so they hate me. Simple.”

I smirked at the surprised faces all around me and started to walk past the pack when a hand wrapped around my arm.

“Why aren’t you scared of them?” asked Sam and I smiled before ripping my arm away from his grasp, using more strength than I intended to, causing him to look at me strangely.

“That’s a story for another day.” I told the group and exited the dark cave opening before walking down the beach toward my destination. Suddenly I heard a scream of excitement and turned around just in time to see a large Native American boy plunge into the water.

“Dogs,” I told myself as I continued to walk across the loose sand. “Never let them off their leash.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update, I just wanted this chapter to be informational without being revealing. I didn't want the entire plot to be unraveled and this chapter could have easily done just that.