Street Child

chapter five.

That night she rode in the back of Greg's car feeling safe, a feeling she wasn't used to. She was surprised she trusted him so much. She never trusted men after Louis. The name itself made her want to curl in a ball.

Louis. She closed her eyes and shivered. She could still feel his hands, his very fingertips running up and down her back. The prickly, tingling touches turned to burns.

"It'll be okay," he whispered in her ear. His index finger slipped under the strap of her tanktop.

She shook her head even more, fighting back tears. She swore she'd never think about him again. Greg would be different. She might never learn to trust again for she was a street child but she had faith in him.

"Are you okay?" he said, looking over at her. They were at a red light, the city suprisingly quiet. It was strange to see no one around, the city was always moving.

"Yeah, sorry," Melody answered, looking down. She felt a hand on her knee and shivered. She looked up to see Greg's eyes on her with concern.

He's not Louis.

She had to keep saying to herself.

"Thanks again," she said, giving a slight smile. The light turned green and the car winded through the crowded streets, quiet and empty.

"Really, It's nothing. Drew, my old room mate, just moved out. You can stay in his room with a warm bed and clean sheets."

She felt her eyes tear up but quickly rubbed them away. She didn't want him to see her cry, she wanted to be strong. But for the first time in a long time, these weren't tears of sadness. They were tears of pure happiness. The last time she felt this way was with Trevor all those years ago. She looked out the window into the stars, and smiled as she thought about him up there, looking over her. He was her angel. And he'd keep her safe. At least for tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry that I haven't updated in forever darlings.
I'll try to be more consistant. I hope this chapter isn't too crappy.
Enjoy. <3