The Slut Survival Guide

ten.

Secret #11: If a guy ever says "Don't worry, I'll pull out in time!", put your pants back on and run the fuck out of the room.

The next Monday, people were talking. Luckily, it wasn't about me; it was about Cathy. She had arrived with a collection of hickeys on her neck, which she had poorly attempted to conceal with foundation.

At lunch, she ran up to Valerie and snatched her purple plaid scarf off of her neck. "Sorry Val, I need this," she said, wrapping it around her neck and adjusting it so the hickeys were covered. "Can you see anything?" she asked.

We shook our heads. "Damn Cathy," Valerie said, still shaking her head. "Three hickeys?" She raised a perfectly tweezed eyebrow.

"Oh, there are more than three," Cathy said. "You didn't get a good look. And there are also a few you can't see," she said, smirking.

I rolled my eyes. "So I'm guessing you had fun?"

Cathy sighed and a dream-like smile floated onto her face. "He's so good, Tanya," she moaned, tilting her head back. "Just like...oh, god."

Valerie fake-gagged. "Jesus, Cath, did you like, fuck him?"

Cathy shrugged. "I think so."

"You think so?" I inquired.

"Well, I was drunk," she explained, shrugging. "But I remember moments...damn, those were some fucking fantastic moments. I do remember him randomly stopping and going to the window, though. Like he saw something, or some shit. But he said it was nothing and kept...going."

I bit my lip, knowing that it had probably been the lights from my car that triggered that. "Well, glad you had fun," I said, hoping to drop the topic.

"Cathy," a male voice said. It belonged to Tim. He walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Babe. We have to do that again," he whispered in her ear, giving her a long kiss, and then looking at me. "Hey Tanya," he said, smirking.

I nodded at him. "Hello, Tim."

He let go of Cathy and walked over to me, getting close and lowering his voice. "I saw your car," he said.

"It's not what you think," I said, shaking my head. "I was going to pick up Cathy but then I decided to leave her and let her finish her night off by herself."

Tim cocked his head. "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah," I said. We stared at each other for a few moments until he nodded slowly.

"Alright, Tanya. But listen," he began. He stopped to look around and make sure Cathy and Valerie were occupied. They were, so he continued. "She mentioned something about some book?"

My heart stopped. "W-w-what book? Like, math book?" I acted oblivious.

Tim shook his copper head. "Nope, some guide. She wasn't exactly clear, being all drunk and whatever, but let's just say, I know enough, babe." He nudged my chin. "And I plan on finding out more."

I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from cracking. "I have no idea what you're talking about," I said sternly.

Tim just smiled. "I'll see you around, Tanya." I watched him walk away, and then I walked over to Cathy, who was buying a soda at the vending machine with Valerie.

"Cathy!" I shrieked. "You told him about the guide?!"

Valerie's mouth dropped. "You told?!"

Cathy's face looked shocked. "I didn't... or not intentionally! I swear!"

Valerie bent over to pick up Cathy's Sprite and took the first sip. "Cath, not cool. What did you say?"

Cathy shook her head furiously. "I have no idea!"

I closed my eyes and exhaled angrily. "Cathy," I groaned.

"I'm sorry, Tanya! I really didn't on purpose. What does he know?" She asked.

I shrugged. "I don't think he knows much but it could be disastrous if he does," I said, thinking of Oliver.

"Oh god, I won't say anything else, cross my heart and hope to die," she said, making an 'x' over her heart.

"It's alright," I mumbled. "Be careful please, boo." I stuck my own dollar into the vending machine and bought a Diet Coke.

Cathy promised a few more times and then went to class with Valerie. On the way to my own class, I caught Tim's eye. He smiled and winked at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
click this