The Slut Survival Guide

twelve.

Secret #13: Drunken sex is not good sex. If he's drunk and you're sober, that's a lose-lose situation for you.

Valerie's mouth fell open, and she let out an ear-splitting shriek of happiness. "Tanya! Oh my god! How was it?!"

I smiled. I had decided not to tell Cathy about what had happened with Oliver, but I wanted to tell Valerie. "It was great. It hurt though. I wasn't expecting that."

"Yeah," she said, nodding. "The first time kinda hurts. I bled a little on his bed. It looked like a crime scene," she giggled.

"Yeah, he was really gentle about it, though," I said. "And afterward was even better."

"After the sex? Did you sleep over?" She asked, sitting on my bed and grabbing a Nylon magazine from the pile on the floor.

"No, but he just like, hugged me for like, an hour. I don't know. It was sweet," I mumbled, blushing and smiling as I flopped onto the bed with her. "Those heels are cute." I pointed out a pair of black cage heels on a skinny black model.

Valerie nodded. "Probably like a million dollars, though." She looked at me. "That's so great. I'm so happy for you," she gushed, placing her hand on mine and squeezing. I giggled, squeezing back.

"So what do I do about the guide?" I asked her, propping myself up on one elbow.

"What do you mean?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Well," I began, cautiously. "I guess Oliver and I might become a thing. Which means this slut stint is over, right?"

"Oh! I guess so," she said. "How are you going to tell Cathy? She was so excited to have a party buddy!"

"I know, I know. But Oliver is so amazing. She'll understand, right?" I avoided Valerie's gaze and looked down at an article on Karen O.

"We'll see," she said, trying to sound reassuring.

"Maybe we should call her. I want to get her blessing," I said, jokingly.

Valerie pulled out her phone and handed it to me. "Go ahead."

I found her in the contacts and called Cathy. It rang twice before she picked up. "Hello?"

"Cathy, hey!" I said.

"Hey, Valerie?" She asked.

"No, it's Tanya, off of Valerie's phone. Can you come over? I have some news."

Image


"Wow," Cathy said, leaning back against my bed frame. "How was it?"

I laughed. "It was great."

She nodded, slyly smiling. "You little whore," she joked.

"Speaking of whore," I began.

"She doesn't want to do the guide anymore," Valerie blurted out.

"Yeah. That." I said.

Cathy looked at me. "Oh."

"I'm sorry. I'll still go with you to parties! I mean, it's been fun!" I tried to give my warmest smile, but it faltered a bit.

She shook her head. "Don't even worry about it. You like this guy. Go for it."

"Really?" I said, shocked that it was that simple. It was never that simple with Cathy. She took everything personally.

"Of course," she said. "I'll take the guide. Don't even worry about it." She picked the guide off of my shelf and stuck it in her black leather bag. "I'll dispose of this properly," she said, smiling.

"Cathy, thank you for understanding." I smiled at her and gave her a hug.

"No problem, babe. You get some," she said, giggling.
♠ ♠ ♠
a filler, so i'll update more later tonight.
probably now, actually.