The Slut Survival Guide

fifteen.

Secret #16: Don't waste your money on expensive lingerie. It's all going to end up on the floor anyway.

Cathy's cigarette box bulged in my pocket. I felt the sharp corners dig into my thigh as I sat down in my desk in AP English, first period. I hadn't smoked any since the day I called Oliver but for some reason, I carried them around with me everywhere.

Mr. Petrarovich was shuffling around his desk, and I tried to focus on him rather than the twenty-eight pairs of eyes that were watching me. Tim had told everyone by now.

I took out my Romeo and Juliet book and pretended to be absorbed in it. I heard Lissa whispering to Mary behind me.

"A like, guide, or something. She's a total tramp."

"I bet she's fucked everyone."

"I feel so bad for Oliver. He's so sexy."

"Maybe you should go for him, Liss."

I bit down on my lip hard. Lissa and Oliver? My stomach turned upside down, and I ripped the corner of page fifty-seven by accident.

"I think I will," Lissa said, giggling. "He deserves so much more than that skank."

"What a cunt," Mary agreed.

I debated turning around and screaming at them, but Mr. P started class just then.

"Open your books to Act 2, Scene 2. The balcony scene," he said, enthusiastically. "We'll be reading lines, today."

"Tanya?" I hear him say my name. "Would you read the part of Juliet?"

I exhaled and looked up, nodding.

"And...Trent. Be our Romeo!"

Obviously, a guy I had hooked up with. I glanced over at Trent, who did not look too happy to be reading lines with me.

He fumbled to get to the page and began, "But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, who is already sick and pale with grief." He mumbled the lines with no interest until the end, where I had to pick up.

"O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name. Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I’ll no longer be a Capulet."

I tried to put some emotion into my lines, but my voice was shaky. I heard Lissa scoffing at the word 'love' and mumbling to Mary, "What does that wench know about love?'

I put my book down and spun around. "Listen, bitch," I began, glaring at her. "You have been saying shit all morning. And I know everyone hates me." I paused to look around at the room full of students, who were all nodding at this point, agreeing with my final statement. "But come on. Can we please grow up?" I pleaded at my fellow classmates.

Mr. P stood up. "To the office, Tanya, if you can't handle yourself."

I stood for a second, realizing that no one was moved by my monologue. "Yeah, I think I will leave," I said. I shut my book, hearing mumbles and soft laughter as I exited the classroom.

As I rounded the corner, I saw a tall boy with brown hair. When he straightened up from the water fountain and turned around, he stopped dead in his tracks. His green eyes bore into mine.

"Oliver," I whispered.

His lips tightened into a straight line. I think he was trying to smile. I held out my hand. "Wait, please," I pleaded.

He continued to stand there, watching me.

I took a deep breath and began. "I didn't mean to hurt you. The guide was a stupid game. It started out with the intent to just be whorey, and that was stupid, but you have to understand. I have never been like this. It was kind of a social experiment ." I paused, watching his expression. His face stayed blank, so I continued. "But when I met you, things changed! I promise. I really like you, Oliver."

"But after you met me, you continued. It didn't stop," he said, averting his gaze to the floor.

"Not a lot! It was only once, and then I ended it. It was a stupid game. But I talked to Cathy and Valerie, and before Tim found the guide, I was done. It was over!" I took his hand in mine, and he twitched a little, but didn't pull away. "After that night, Oliver, it was over."

He nodded. "Where are you headed?"

I paused, confused that he didn't respond to anything I just said. "Principal's office."

He nodded again. "See you around."

He pried his hand away from mine and I watched him walk away.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm going to have to finish this by about 4 pm tomorrow since i'm leaving on vacation for the next month.
i have all the chapters written, so i'll just be updating a lot today and maybe tomorrow.
thank you all for your kind words <3