The Rarest Flower Blooms Only Once

Stalking? Not yet, anyway.

Songs of Inspiration
Love Scream Party by SuG
Boys will be Boys by Panic! At the Disco
Overcome by Creed
Silly God Disco by The GazettE

It was just another day at the office. Running around, filing papers and checking on the technicians. Once everything was in order Matoko would find out how the band was doing. See, she worked for the band Alice Nine. Matoko loved every moment of it. Not only did she get to work for such a great group, she got to work with some of her best friends. Matoko had known Shinji out of high school, and he asked her to follow him. It wasn’t hard to follow either, she knew he was very talented. He joined a band named Givuss with Shou, and Matoko loved them ever since. Then a very cute lovable Naoyuki came with an offer, and they accepted. After a few more offers and accepts, the band Alice Nine. formed. Matoko was just lucky enough to follow them the whole way.

As she approached the band, they smiled at her even as they played. Smiling back she gave a small bow and placed their favorite drinks on the food table. Matoko had come to memorialize what they loved, kinda like a fan-girl with too much time on her hands. Grinning at the thought, Matoko knew she was the luckiest girl in the world. Literally. The music came to a slow stop and the song neared the end. Saga strung his base one last time, then the bang clapped once as a finishing mark. They placed their instruments down and walked over to the table and picked up the drinks Matoko had provided. Smiling, she leaned over to place a kiss on Naoyuki’s cheek. He gave her a smile while pulling away. She flashed a simple smile, even as a frown tried crawling its way to her lips. Breaking past the strange looks the others gave them, Matoko spoke up.

“So, you guys did a great job today! I talked with the manager about letting you guys have a day off this week. You know, because of the tour coming up and all. Not only that, if you guys agree, I have a surprise.” She loved the look on their faces. The mention of a break lit them up like light bulbs. It had been a little over two weeks since their last break. Chattering happily, the guys answered ‘yes’ all at once. Shinji stepped forward and placed an arm around Matoko’s shoulder while he leaned his body against hers.

“Matoko you are a miracle worker!” Smiling, she poked his side for placing so much weight on her thin frame. Grinning deeply, Shinji pulled away slightly so he didn’t just crush his miracle worker. Takashi grinned at the new found news then moved forward with a question.

“So, what is our surprise?” Grinning Matoko held a finger to her lips.

“Its a secret. But it is tonight, I have one more thing to do before I show you guys.” And just like that, Matoko ran full speed out of the room. They looked after her, but didn’t ask anymore question. Instead, they thought it would be good to talk with the manger about extending their break day, to ‘break days’. At the same time, Matoko sat in her apartment, trying to get a hold of one last person. When she did, something strange happened.

“Come now, I am not a fan-girl, well yes I am but that isn’t the point. I am calling about, hey that was uncalled for! If you want me to stalk you, I will, but I’m not! Don’t hang up, I do know where you live, I’ll come over there! That’s what I thought. Now, I am calling about Alice Nine. Yeah, now I have your attention. Look, I have a bunch of other groups coming to a party that is being thrown for them. I know its a bit late minute, but I couldn’t reach you until now.”

“For Alice Nine., I’ll be there. Address and time please.” said Ishihara, also known as Miyavi. Grinning, Matoko had to stop herself from screaming due to joy. Taking a deep breath, she gave him the directions and the time in which to be there. Looking down at her list, she read over everyone that was coming. Some how she had convinced these groups, (Some took a few months in advance, but she did it.); The GazettE, An Cafe (Without Bou, sadly. Almost made Matoko cry while calling.), SuG, Gackt (She almost screamed when he said hello. Huge fan-girl.), and lastly Miyavi(Who called her a stalker fan-girl, hm how true).

Now, all she had to do was set up the Band hall. She was able to secure a Band hall to have the party in for a really good price, that made her super happy. Her apartment buzzer went off, letting her know the cab was there. Rushing for her stuff, Matoko grabbed everything needed and ran out the door. Cursing softly, she ran back up the stairs to her door, which she had forgotten to lock the first time. Quickly she hurried down the stairs to see the cab driver waving his hand. Waving back, she jumped inside and handed him a slip of paper with the address on it, just as her phone rang. Whipping it out quickly, she listened to her boss shout away.

“I agreed to give them a day, now they are asking for a week. Matoko, you fix this right now!”


“Well, I think a week may be a bit much for their schedule, but I do think they deserve well more then a day.” The cab driver glanced back for a second, receiving a smile from Matoko before turning her attention back to the call.

“Look, the most I can give is four days. They have a lot of work to do, they would fall so behind.”


“That seems reasonable. Just remember a happy band is a happy manager.” Her boss grumbled a bit about being a happy manager. Laughing, Matoko pointed out a few last details about the party and invited boss-boss himself. Who declined, thankfully. Its not like Matoko didn’t want him to go, but she had a feeling the band wouldn’t have been to happy. Closing her phone and pocketing it, Matoko looked at the landscape as they passed by. Regretfully, it didn’t take long to hit a traffic jam. The driver yelled at other drivers, even though she was the only one could hear him. Sighing, Matoko placed her ear buds in her ear. Yes, she did love Alice Nine, but at the moment, she felt like listening to ‘boys will be boys’ by Panic! At the Disco. The driver waved wildly, making Matoko laugh at the synchronization between him and her music. Since he was so loud, Matoko didn’t have to worry about him looking at her funny.

Once they passed the traffic jam, it didn’t take long to reach the Band hall. Handing the driver cash, Matoko jumped out of the cab and rushed into the hall. When she entered the room, she saw a bunch of her friends setting everything up. Matoko had to call in a lot of favors to set this up, but most of it was free, which made her really happy.

“Thank you guys so much!!” Everyone waved while continuing with their work. The lights suddenly flickered brightly with neon colors bouncing off the walls. Looking up, she saw a good friend, Hoshi play with the light system. Looking down, Hoshi waved.

“You know! You’re lucky all of us love you!!! Its hard to get time off!!” Hoshi shouted while making sure the last light was correct before sliding down from his stand. Grinning, he ran up and gave Matoko a giant bear hug. She smiled brightly while hugging back.

“I’m really grateful of all of you! Oh, and everyone is invited to stay if they’d like. I don’t think the bands would mind all that much. If they do, I’ll put them in place!” Grinning, Makoto waved to the food service that walked in the door. Pulling from Hoshi, she ran to them, trying to help out while pointing to the tables for the food. After looking up everyones' interest in drinks, and food. Motoko felt that everyone would be well fed and possibly drunk. Everything was planned out to every last detail. The lights flickered again, while people placed instruments on the stage and tuned them. Just as she thought everything was running smoothly, someone rushed in the door breathing heavily.

“Alice Nine, they are here! And trying to get in!” Wide eyed, Matoko ran towards the doors. Stopping for a moment, she looked back and yelled.

“Lock the doors!!!” Once that was said, she left the room and heard the doors click shut just as the group turned around the corner. Before they noticed her, she darted off towards the managers office. Makoto called Hoshi on her phone while running, it took three rings for him to pick up.

“Don’t worry, I stopped the lights, and no one is making any noise.” Hoshi made sure to whisper in-case someone had their ears pressed against the doors. He wasn’t anywhere near the door, but the room made everything echo. He went silent as the doors shook slightly.

“Oh crap!” The guy by the door was planted against the wall, making no movements and the door shook for a few more moments.

“Matoko, I think they are headed your way. Shino gave me the thumbs up.”

“Okay. I got it, thanks.” Matoko closed her phone then had another idea. Boss man!!! Flipping open her phone, she called the boss.

“What do you want now?”

“Hey, you called me before, but that isn’t the point. Can you call the group back, make up something, get them out of the Stage Hall. We aren’t done setting up!” Sighing, Matoko could hear the boss rubbing his temples.

“Fine, I’ll see what I can do.”

“Thanks.” Click. If it weren’t for the footsteps, Matoko might have huffed at her phone. Turning around the corner she slipped into a groove in the wall near the water fountain. Crap! Their foot steps were really close now.

“Are you sure she went this way?” Matoko could hear Shinji asked with a slightly irritated tone. Grinding her teeth, she wondered what was taking Boss-man so long.

“Yes. I saw red hair! I know she went this way.” Takashi retorted while pushing Shinji’s shoulder.

“I think you're growing blind.” Shinji crossed his arms. CRAP! They were mere feet from her, so close to her hiding spot. Hiroto stepped into view of her but his back was turned. Matoko’s eyes went wide, then Naoyuki’s phone rang. FINALLY! Dam you Boss man. Taking forever like that! Naoyuki whined then looked at the group. Go away!

“We have to go back. The boss said it was incredibly important. We’ll have to find Matoko later.” The group whined and stomped away. Thank the heavens! After waiting a few moments, Matoko moved from her spot and went back to the stage hall doors.

“Hey guys, its me Matoko!” It only took a second for Shino to open the door and let her in. Once in, Shino locked the door again.

“Okay everyone! Time to get back to work.” Matoko clapped her hands, and rushed around to help everyone with anything she could. As long as they didn’t come back things would run smoothly for the next three hours.