The Rarest Flower Blooms Only Once

Dangerously beautiful fun.

Songs of Inspiration
The Consequence by You Me At Six
Behind Closed Doors by Rise Against
She Loves Me Not by Papa Roach
Time Is Running Out by Muse

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock. ~ Will Rogers

Hazuki and Matoko finished up with last minute preparations to their appearances. Stepping back the two glanced into the large mirrors. They had to admit, the two of them looked really hot. Matoko had her hair pinned back with a slight hair bump and a left side fringe. Her long flowing hair was messily arranged, dominated her back which caused a sexy rouge look with matching black eye-shadow and red eyeliner. Hazuki had her hair curled slightly to accommodate her features. Her hair swooped into a right fringe blocking one of her deep grey and black eyelids. Their looks gave them the j-rocker edge with a push of gothic lolita.  

“Alright, are you ready to go?” Hazuki questioned while packing everything up. Looking at the bathroom clock, she noticed the time.

“Crap, we need to get out of here! It’s really late. Everyone should be here already!” Hazuki huffed out quickly while throwing everything into an oversized bag. Rushing to the main doors, they peered inside for a moment. Their eyes peaked around the doors. Doing a rough count, it seemed like everyone was there. Awesome!

“It’s time to make our grand entrance!” Matoko squealed while running to the back entrance of the stage with Hazuki following close behind her. They creaked open the door and jogged/ran up the steps. Both grabbed a microphone and slowly walked onto the stage. The lighted flickered onto them, making the view of everyone a bit distorted.

“Welcome everyone!” Hazuki shouted.

“It’s great to have every one here. I’m sure all of you know that I called you hear to party with Alice Nine.” Matoko paused as someone rushed onto stage and whispered in her ear. It appeared that the group was stuck in traffic and was running behind.

“And it would appear that Alice Nine is going to be late! Not to worry, I’m sure they won’t mind if we start explaining things a bit.” Matoko waved her finger at the lights, hoping it would leave her eyes, and it did.

“That’s better. Now, first off. There are plenty of food and drinks for everyone, please help yourself to anything there!” Matoko stopped to let Hazuki continue.

“Right, for the evening we have a lot of stuff set up. As you can see behind me, there are DDR machines, think you got what it takes?” As if on cue, Hazuki stopped talking.

“We’ll find out, Hazuki is pretty good. On that note, we have provided instruments for everyone to play around if wanted.” Stopping suddenly, Hazuki picked up the ball.

“The best part of the evening is going to be a rave!”

“That’s right, under your tables you’ll find a box full of glow items, make sure to stock up on them!!” Matoko shouted with a laugh at the end. Surprisingly, everyone seemed to be really into it. A few shouts and howls made the two of them grin.

“So, why don’t all of you get something to eat while we wait for Alice Nine?” Matoko offered then turned off her microphone. Hazuki followed suit, and the two of them jumped off the stage, both were lucky to not lose balance. Nodding to Hazuki, Matoko walked off. Now that they were apart, it was time to socialize with the guest. Had to admit, it was an awesome feeling seeing all of them together like this. A frown took hold of her lips; Matoko had really wanted Mana there, but couldn’t get a hold of him. Pity.

Music began to randomly play and Matoko walked through the crowd. Some would say hello, others would nod. Either way, she was incredibly happy; Matoko couldn’t wait for the group to show up. Glancing around quickly Matoko noticed Gackt standing by the food table pouring a drink. Making a B-line, Matoko approached him.

“Hi there! I’m so glad you could make it.”

“Ah. Hello. I’m glad to be here.” He glanced at her from the side of his light colored glasses. She smiled at his trademark sunglasses but quickly recovered.

“Over there, we made sure that you had a good selection of things you could eat. I hope you enjoy.”

“Indeed I shall.” Shifting his weight to one foot, Gackt looked her dead center.

“So, why did you set this up? Are you close with Alice Nine?” His question seemed strangely odd against her ears, but she couldn’t place the feeling.

“Yeah, I’ve been with two of the band members before it even started. They are long standing friends.”

“I see. Such a young girl, it’s a shame to be working in harsh conditions.”

“It can be tiring, but I’m sure I get a lot more sleep than them.” Matoko just couldn’t find what he was hinting at. She knew there was something there, but what it was seemed impossible to tell. Gackt then smiled at her with that perfect smile of his, suddenly it struck her. He was way more attractive in person. When he smiled, his lips were forced into a simply curve. How intoxicating.

Looking slightly to her left, Matoko saw Hazuki chatting away with Takeru. They did look cute together, but nonetheless, Matoko wondered how Takashi would feel about that. Bringing her attention back to the tall man near her, Matoko wondered about something.

“So? Why did you come?”

“You seemed charming over the phone.” His bluntness was a bit much, but she found it arousing.

“Oh. Well, were you disappointed?” How that question had left her mind was a mystery. 'Bold' was never her thing, not with his type.

“No. Not at all.” Matoko was taken back for a moment. She wanted to say something cool, but nothing came to mind. Sad. He took a sip his whine, never once did he break contact.

"Ah! That is good." Lame. Huffing slightly, she flashed Gackt a quick smile, who returned it ten fold. The two stood in awkward silence for a moment, while Gackt sipped his whine. It was almost painful for Matoko to be in silence, yet he seemed fairly content. A high pitched squeal rocked Matoko's body. Looking around, she saw the cause of the commotion. Alice Nine. had arrived.

"Pardon me a moment." Bowing deeply, Matoko hurried over to greet everyone. Mostly the staff crowded around them, but some of the gigglier band members jumped to see Alice Nine. The crowd was so outrageous; trying to get through would have been really dangerous. Instead, she moved back towards the stage. Matoko passed by Hazuki who looked equally as excited to know that Alice Nine. was finally present. Upon reaching the stage, Matoko hopped onto the loosely forced together ply-wood and almost lost her balance. Way to close. She quickly grabbed a microphone, flicked it on and tapped in on her palm to make sure it was on.

"Alright! It’s great to see that you could join us!! I'm sure that everyone will fill you in on all our activities! Holy shit!!! Yuuko is that really you!? I can't believe you’re here! Hazuki! Look its Yuuko!!"

Hazuki bolted from her seat and screamed. "Oh my god!!!"

"I know!" Matoko shouted back.

"Awesome!" squealing like crazed fan-grils, Hazuki and Matoko scampered over to Yuuko. Who in turned just starred at them without a word. To be expected, Yuuko wasn't known for talking. When she did it was mainly about games, music, or manga. Anything other then those three categories would end in total disaster. However, once Yuuko did get rolling with a conversation, she was fun to talk with.

"How are you!? We haven't seen you in a long time!" Hazuki shouted while dancing around Yuuko. Ignoring the high pitch sound the entered her ear, Yuuko waved to a few people. Frowning, Hazuki bounced in front of Yuuko. Tilting her head to the side, Yuuko pondered answering her question.

"I've been away." What a simple answer.

"Yes, but where?" Matoko added in quickly. Shrugging her shoulders, Yuuko moved to the food table with Hazuki and Matoko following. However, before getting to far Matoko looked back to see Naoyuki settling in with the group plus 'The GazettE'. All the guys sat around the table chatting about 'who knows what'. Hurrying over, Matoko wrapped her arms around Naoyuki's shoulder and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Dam Nao, you snagged the hottest girl in here." Akira (Reita) beamed as Matoko's eyes left Naoyuki cheek then drifted around the table.

"Definitely not." Takashi pointed out bluntly. At first the group looked stunned, it seemed extremely rude for him it say that with Matoko standing right there. Yet, when the guys glanced at her, she has a huge grin on her face.

"Its okay. I know who you have eyes for." Takashi laughed, trying to brush off Matoko's imposing stare.

"Makeup looks good tonight." He said loosely before chugging down two shots of vodka.

"Yeah. It looks great." Naoyuki blurted out, shifting slightly in his seat, forcing Matoko to remove her arms. There it was again. A painful tug on Matoko's heart, which crudely pressed a smile upon her features. Everytime that ‘thing’ yanked on her heart, a smile formed on her lips.

"Thanks. So, yeah. I'm going to let you guys relax. Laters!" Matoko accused herself a bit too quickly. Hiroto looked at Naoyuki for a moment, but didn't address his curiosity. To avoid anymore inquisitive gazes, Naoyuki poured two shots down his throat.

Moving on, Matoko found Hazuki prying information from Yuuko extremely slowly. Before getting to close, Matoko took the time look size up Yuuko's new appearance. She looked as innocent as ever. Rich dark brown locks slide down her back with absolutely no curl, just dead flat hair wrapped around her shoulders. Yet, it looked good on her sharp face and matching dark blue eyes. Yuuko's dark orbs were framed by a pair of crimson colored glassed. Due to compulsive habit, she would push her glasses up the bridge of her small triangle nose with long pale fingers. Yuuko's entire body was extremely light, suitable to her hatred of sunlight. All in all, she was very good looking; through her simplicity Yuuko became complicated and infatuating.

"I guess." Yuuko said dully.

"What do you mean, 'I guess'? That isn't an answer! Matoko! I asked if she missed us! You know what she said? Do you? She said, 'I guess.'!! I guess! What a great answer." Hazuki flamed dramatically. While others would think Hazuki was loosing her temper, Yuuko and Matoko saw otherwise. Because of Hazuki's outburst, the two of them were left laughing hysterically. It didn't take long for, Hazuki was laughing as well, unable to be dramatic any longer. By the time all of them quit laughing Takashi walked over to Hazuki.

"Hey, Hazuki. Feel like going at it?" He nodded towards the DDR machines before her mind had time to wonder anywhere else. Not like he minded the thought. Grinning widely Hazuki rushed over to him.

"Yeah, let's do it!" The two of them linked arms and walked off leaving Yuuko and Matoko behind. Matoko looked at Yuuko, who returned with a shrug. Looking out, Matoko saw a bunch of people dancing on the dance floor while some used the DDR machines.

Yuuko glanced out, trying to locate someone. Within a few seconds the corners of her lips tugged lightly. Obviously, she had tracked down her prey. Yuuko's middle finger pushed the crimson colored frames up her nose as her legs crossed over. Lifting an eyebrow, Matoko felt like moving over just a bit. This was Yuuko’s calling card, but who was she calling, and would it really work? Yuuko's dominating leg bounced lightly while her foot twirled slightly. Coughing awkwardly, Matoko jumped up.

"Okay, I'm going to let you be." Yuuko didn't response, good time to leave then. A sense of boredom washed over Matoko until she noticed how many people were off sitting by themselves, doing nothing. One of them was Kyo from Dir en Grey. Despite the Band halls request of 'No smoking' Kyo held a slim cigarette between his index and pointer finger. When he saw Matoko approaching Kyo's legs crossed making him appear more defensive. It was easy to see him as scary but without makeup he looked really friendly, which made Matoko smile

"Hello!" Matoko spouted while taking a seat next to him. From the corner of her eye, Matoko could see him shifting away. For a moment, she was hurt. Naoyuki had done the same thing. Matoko was starting to feel rather withdrawn.

"Hey." He stated simply then look a long drag.

"You don't seem to be having fun." No. He is having a ball!

"There are to many people here." He retorted coldly.

"Well. If you think about it, there on less eyes on you then on stage." Matoko sated simply. Glancing at her, Kyo took another drag and huffed it in her face. Her nose wrinkled at the pungent order.

"Yes, but I don't have to talk with them." What a snide guy Kyo was, no matter. Matoko had dealt with his type before.

"Well then, your loss." Matoko said simply, hoping to get the reaction she was looking for.

"Oh? Why is that?" Bingo! She turned her head to look Kyo in the eyes.

"Well, I think you're-"

"If you say cute, I'm walking away."

"Before you interrupted me, I was going to say that you're captivating. Everything you have done thus far has been strictly personal. I find that admirable." Kyo took another long drag, but looked at Matoko at the same time.

"You're very strange." Another blunt remark while smoke filled Kyo’s lungs, and Matoko’s.

"I would have to agree with that. " For once, Kyo cracked a smile. He had a very interesting face to begin with, and when he smile, it made Matoko smile as well.

"Has anyone ever told you that you look very eatable?" The strangest expression took to Matoko's face. Before she even had time to react, he reached out and grabbed her chin. Kyo roughly turned her head to the side causing a small whimper to vibrate through her throat.

"Stay there." He pulled a small pad of paper and an equally as small pen then jotted something down on paper. Kyo looked back at her, then scribbled down something once more. Calmly, he took a long drag, but kept the cigarette between his lips. From the corner of Matoko's eye, she could see his dark grin. He was defiantly something different.

"You can move now." Kyo said without looking at her. He was still writing in his little note book when she turned to look at him. She didn’t bother to see if anyone had seen them. Matoko was more concerned with the dangerous look Kyo was giving the book, then her neck. Gently, she stroked her neck, soothing the way he had twisted it.

“That was a bit surprising.” Before she could continue, he turned to look at her abruptly. Smoke leaked from his nose and into her face. Swatting it away, Matoko waited from him to speak.

“Here is my number. I’d like to finish what I started.” He said quickly while handing her a torn piece of paper from his note book. Looking at the number made her smile sincerity then nod.

“Okay, is there any particular time you’d like me to call?” She said while pulling her phone from her bra. He looked at her oddly for a moment, and then thought about her question.

“Does tomorrow work?” Kyo glanced at her quickly then pulled the cigarette from his mouth; this time he blew it in the opposite direction. Matoko scanned her phone’s calendar for dates, none came up.

“Yeah, tomorrow will work just fine.” Looking up, she saw a small smile which made her heart jump. Not to be mistaken for love, but it was always wonderful to make a new friend.

Naoyuki starred at the scene before him. Matoko was sitting with Kyo making awkward conversation, but he suddenly grabbed her, making Naoyuki jump slightly. Naoyuki couldn’t hear anything but that look in Kyo’s eyes freaked him out. He had only met Kyo a few times, and each time they never talked. When Kyo did talk it was rather dark, not Naoyuki’s type.

Shinji watched his reaction and followed Naoyuki’s path of vision. Shinji looked closely at the two of them. Matoko’s neck was stretched out far making her look similar to a geisha. Shinji had always seen her as beautiful but didn’t think that position would make her look so irresistible. What disturbed him a bit more was Kyo scanning her body. No doubt that was why Naoyuki jumped so suddenly. Shaking his head, Shinji looked back at Naoyuki. His fists were tightly balled and his eyes were slightly wide. Strange. Not long ago, Naoyuki said he was having a hard time feeling the same way about Matoko; maybe that was all he needed to figure out how he felt.

“Looks someone is taking your girl! I told you she was hot!” Akira nudged Naoyuki’s shoulder as a few others started laughing. Naoyuki forced a smile to his lips, then stood up.

“I’ll be back.” Naoyuki spoke quickly before making his way over to them.

Matoko busted out laughing as Kyo finished his joke. From all the interviews she had ever seen, he was never the type to make jokes. At the moment, he was cracking her up. Tears lined Matoko’s lids as she tried to force laughter back into her body. It didn’t work so well. Kyo watched with a giant grin as Matoko held her side laughing.

For once, Kyo thought this girl was practically charming. It wasn’t often a girl came along with no interest in dating him. It fascinated Kyo that Matoko was taking an interest in who he was with no strings attached. Kyo snapped out of his trance as something moved in the corner of his eye. Looks like the boyfriend had issues with him, that alone brought a huge grin to his face as Matoko talked. She paused for moment, when his expression changed. Just as Matoko was about to continue a conversation with Kyo; Naoyuki walked up out of no where.

“Come dance with me.” He demanded while holding out his hand. Shocked, Matoko just sat there. It had been forever since Naoyuki had paid her attention like this. Looking back at Kyo, Matoko bowed her head deeply.

“I hope to continue this again.” Before Kyo had a chance to reply, Naoyuki dragged Matoko to the dance floor. When they got there, Naoyuki instantly brought Matoko’s body against his, and then forced her into a rough kiss. It was so unlike him, however it didn’t take long to hit her. The smell of alcohol on his breath almost broke her heart. He wasn’t doing this because he really wanted to, he was drunk. Once the song ended, Matoko pulled away from Naoyuki. She took a long hard look at him. There it was again. That feeling in her chest, it was starting to grow.

“Why don’t you rest a bit, you look pale.” Matoko offered. There wasn’t much protest, so she lead him back to the table. Most of them were drunk or getting there quickly. Best to do the rave before everyone would fall over or just plain pass out. Looking up, Matoko saw Hoshi leaning against the light panel, practically sleeping. Rushing over there she ordered the rave. The lights cut suddenly, gasps and hollers made Matoko grin in the dark. Hoshi pushed a microphone against her chest.

“Alight rockers, we are starting the rave, before all of you pass out. The lights will come on again for two minutes, so pack your bodies with glow items!!!” Hoshi flicked the lights on, and everyone rushed to get the boxes from beneath the tables. She could tell they were shocked by the amount of stuff Matoko had stuffed into the boxes. Reaching into a box near Hoshi, Matoko loaded herself with glow items. A blinking belt made her laugh along with glow bracelets, rings, necklaces, and anklets. Besides the belt, a blinking crown was her favorite part.

Looking around, Matoko double checked that everything was place accordingly. There was glowing type outlining the dance area, tables, and the stage. Hopefully that would be enough to let people know where they are, she really didn’t want anyone breaking bones. Boss man would kill her if anyone left with less limbs, teeth, or skin then they came with. Shuddering at the thought, Matoko turned to looked back that everyone. It was almost time for the rave. What dangerously beautiful fun.