Status: Slowly but surely

Blood & Roses

Chapter 5

Luke neeeded a break. After spending the day with his bride-to-be he was ready to jump in front of a moving vechiele.
“She’s just so annoying. I was really tempted to drive a stake into her heart,”
“Well at least she’s kind of cute,” his bestfriend, Eric Lecarde, countered.
Luke snorted, “Please, the road has more curves.”
They sat in front of Like’s plasma screen T.V. playing some shooting game. Luke didn’t see the need to play these new age games, but Eric was hopelessly addicted to them.
Eric paused the game, “You, my friend, need to relax. Let’s go see the nightlife.”
Luke agreed,”Finally, let’s go.” They headed downtown to where Eric had heard was a massive mascarde party. They picked up plain white masks and entered the party, which was simply a sweaty mass of limbs. They pushed their way to the bar where they met Jared Viliares, another one of their friends. Jared was dark, myesterious, and a good friend, but he was also arrogont and a slight jerk.
“Bout time I thought I was going to have to entertain all these girls by myself.”
“I don’t think you could have lasted that long J,” Eric laughed and patted him playfully on the back.
Luke smiled at the bartender, “Three blood baths.”
The woman nodded and poured three glasses of the thick red liquid. Luke sipped his drink and did a quick once over of the club. Mythecial creatures alike danced with each other freely. He glanced towards the end of the bar and saw her. She was wearing a tight,short red dress that hugged her curves. She was with two other girls a tall skinny platinum blonde, and a short brunette girl with a pixie cut. A tall guy with shaggy brown hair leaned beside them. It was Luke’s guess they were trying to get her on the dancefloor. After failing miserably, they moved onto the dance floor.
“Luke!Luke! Are you there?” Eric waved his hands infront of his face.
“Sorry but that girl_”
“Weren’t you just complaining about having to marry some girl?” Eric raised his eyebrow.
“Maybe he just wants to bang her, then go home to wifey.” Jared smirked.
Luke shook his head, “You guys know I don’t get down like that. You wouldn’t mind if I-“
“Go get ‘em tiger.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Does anyone know how to fix paragraphs?