The Deathly Shadow

Getting Ready

I'm walking home from college, and I pass the church. Always freaks me out, and it isn't one of those weird ones with a graveyard or anything. I just get the shivers when I pass it. I am going to a friend’s party, a Halloween themed birthday party, quite right as it’s Halloween. I think I'll wear my MCR tee shirt and my new skinny's, with my new trainers. My aunt came to see me, and as I haven’t seen her for a couple of years she gave me £100 for a gift. I gave her a painting I did. It's of my friend June. My best friend. Who I occasionally make out with. I did it a few months ago, when it was my birthday so I had a sleepover with her and Bree, my other best friend. It's of her sleeping, with her sapphire hair draped over her face, her snow-white skin glowing... Can I tell her that I love her? She thinks that the making out thing is just so we can both let off sexual tension. I can't tell her... But I could... No I can't... It would hurt me. No one can hurt me. Not anymore. I won't let them. Her and Bree are my only friends, and they are the only things I get passionate about, except music and painting. I’m opening my door. Yeah, so it’s messy, I’m a student, what do you expect? Okay, up the stairs… Ooh! Kerrang! Arrived. Pick that up… Go up the stairs… Ok, music… Now, shower. I remove my smelly day- clothes and turn on the water. I adjust the heat and start to wash my hair, listening to the music. It's lost prophets, Last Train Home. I finish 20 minutes later and step out. June’s going to the party as well. It’s on a canal boat. Ugh.