Status: Completed!

The Way I Loved You

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

We got back to my house at about two in the morning. Everyone was super tired and just decided to stay the night since Kara was out of town for the week. Rian, Zack, Matt, and Lisa came over since they wanted to check on me. I went back to my room and started to get pajamas out.

"Need some help?" Lisa questioned.

"Um, sure," I said, pulling out some pajama pants. Lisa helped me get dressed.

"So, you and Alex?" she asked.

"What about it? We dated a long time ago, Lisa."

"Look, I know he still loves you. I can tell. Especially by the way he helped you tonight," she said, sitting down on my bed.

"I'm so sorry, Lisa. I don't know what to say," I said, sitting down beside her and looking at the wall.

"There's nothing you can say. It's not your fault, Brynn. I always knew that Alex was in love with someone else. I just never thought he'd see her again. I'm going to break things off with him. I don't want him rushing into something he isn't certain about," she said, tears falling from her face.

"Lisa, you are one of the nicest people I have ever met. Please don't hate me," I said, tears running down my cheeks.

"Oh, Brynn. I could never hate you. Besides, who will plan my wedding one day if you don't?" she said, laughing while wiping away tears.

She stood up and I pulled her into a one armed hug before watching her leave my room. I heard the front door close and figured she took Alex outside to talk to him. I looked at the mirror and cleaned up my face before walking into the living room where everyone was sitting. Jack had the window opened up and was listening to their conversation.

"Jack, close the window," I said, scolding him like a child. He pouted but complied.

"What should we do?" Matt asked.

"We'll probably just watch a movie. It's what we always do," I said, sighing and sitting down on the couch.

"Well, we can't exactly climb trees with your condition right now," Zack said. I glared at him.

"Well, let's just watch it in my room because I'm tired and just want to go to sleep."

The all agreed before getting pillows and blankets from the closet and setting up beds on my floor. I had room for one more person in my bed.

"One of you guys can sleep up here with me. I don't bite that hard," I said.

"Oh, someone will," Jack said, smiling. It was actually quite creepy.

I pulled my glasses off of the table by my bed and walked out into the kitchen to get some water. I noticed Alex standing in the kitchen by the sink staring out the back window. I stopped at the entrance.

"She broke it off with me."

"I know." I didn't know what I should say to him. "I'm sorry, Alex."

"I'm not. I'm glad she did it. I hated lying to her, but it's the only way that I could get to see you anymore. I would never have seen you again if I hadn't hired you as my wedding planner," he said, still facing the window.

Tears slowly started to fall down my face. When did I turn into such a baby? He must have heard me sniffle because he quickly turned around and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I love you, Brynn. And I know you love me too. Even if you took of your ring. I can tell you love me."

"Alex, I don't know what to say," I said.

"Don't say anything. You don't have to say anything. Just let me hold you. Holding you is enough for me."

I slightly pulled away before tugging at my necklace.

"Alex, you said that I should take off the ring if I stopped having feelings for you, right?" He nodded. I gently tugged the necklace out from under my shirt and showed him the ring hanging there.

"I love you, Alex."

And then he did it. He did the one thing that I had been waiting for for too long.

His lips gently pushed up against mine. I started to respond instantly and wrapped my right arm around his neck as my left arm got crushed between us. He pulled away soon after and held me tight to him.

"I love you, too, Brynn. I've waited far too long to hear you say that to me."

He hugged me gently before grabbing my hand and leading me back to my room. When we walked in everyone smiled, and looked at our locked hands.

"Aww. Brynnboo and Lex," Jack said, smiling.

"Shut up," I said, turning into Alex's shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my waist before leading me to my bed. I slipped my sling over my head and had Alex take of my necklace. He slipped off the ring and slipped it back on my finger where it belonged. I got under the covers and Alex climbed under too before turning towards the television. It looks like we will be watching Avatar for the night. I cuddled deep into my blanket and fell asleep in no time.

~*~

When I woke up the next morning, most everyone was out of my room. Alex, however was still holding me close to him.

"Good morning, beautiful," he said, kissing my cheek.

"G'morning."

"Um...I have to ask you something," he said, suddenly becoming shy.

"Okay. What?"

"Well, um, will you be my girlfriend again?" he asked, shyly.

I laughed before leaning over and kissing his cheek.

"Of course."

He smiled before hugging me close.

"Ow!" I yelled.

"Oh shit! Your shoulder! I completely forgot! I'm so sorry, babe!" he said, flailing his arms like a mad man.

"It's fine. Time to get up," I said, pulling on my sling and walking into the kitchen. I grabbed a glass of water and searched for the painkillers from yesterday.

"Hey, does anyone know where my pills went?" I asked.

"Yeah. Cass put them in the cabinet next to the sink," Rian yelled.

I looked in there and sure enough they were right where he said they would be. I looked at the prescribed amount and took the pills before walking into the living room and sitting on the couch.

"So, what should we do today? And don't you dare say watch a movie!" I said, smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Girlfriend by N*SYNC