Status: Completed!

The Way I Loved You

"Sing until your lungs give out."

A little while later, I was sitting on the bus while Alex got ready in the back. I then saw Matt running on the bus looking petrified.

"What's wrong, Matt?" I asked, standing up to help him.

"I don't know what to do! Kate Voegele was supposed to be here for another day and sing with Alex. Apparently, they had a show pop up and had to leave this morning," he said while running his hands through his hair.

"It's okay, Matt. We'll find someone to sing," I said, patting his shoulder.

"Wait. You sing! Why didn't I think of this before?!?" he yelled, smiling at me.

"No, no, no, no! I can't sing in front of this crowd. Are you crazy? They'll eat me alive."

"Brynn, you've sang in front of many people and have youtube videos of you singing. Everyone's seen you and loves you. Go get ready. You have about two hours until show time," he said before walking off the bus and towards the back entrance.

I was shocked. How could I not be? This is one of the biggest venues they have every played.

"Hey, babe. Are you okay?" Alex asked, walking out of the back.

"I-he-you-what?"

"Speak English."

"How do I get dragged into these things?" I asked, pacing the small area.

"What things? What the hell happened?" he asked, getting agitated.

"Kate couldn't show up. Had to leave for another show or something. So, Matt told me I'm singing," I said, still in shock.

"That's great! I love singing with you! Your voice is perfect with mine and you're so gorgeous," he rambled.

"Are you sure?"

"I've never been so sure of something. There's nothing to worry about, babe."

"Okay." I said skeptically.

He hugged me and placed his lips upon mine gently. Before things got too heated, I pulled away and ran to the back to change into something presentable.

When I got back out, Alex was sitting patiently on the couch.

"Ready for sound check?" he asked while grabbing my hand and standing up.

"Sure."

We walked out the bus and into the venue. The place was huge. I still couldn't believe how big it was.

Alex walked out onto the stage where Jack, Rian, and Zack were waiting. I walked to the end of the stage and slipped off before climbing the barrier and sitting in one of the fold up chairs for the security guards. They started mic check soon after and then started messing around on their instruments while Alex sang random songs. At one point, they were doing sweet transvestite from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

"Brynn! Come up here and sing with me!" Alex yelled. I shook my head, but he just kept insisting on it. He eventually, with the help of Zack, got me over the barrier and up on stage.

"I hate you all," I said with a huff.

They laughed before Jack handed me a microphone. Jack then started strumming "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey. Rian and Zack followed his lead. Alex then joined in on the vocals before waving me on. I joined and we danced around and acted like fools. We did this to a few more random songs before singing some of their songs.

"Okay, guys. You're done for now," Matt said while walking across the stage.

"Well, what should we do now?" I asked.

"We could play rock band," Rian proposed.

"I'm game," Alex said. We all nodded in agreement before heading back onto the bus.

"I call guitar!" I yelled while grabbing it out of the small closet area.

"Drums!" Jack yelled.

"Bass!" Alex claimed.

"I guess that leaves us as duet partners," Zack said, wiggling his eyebrows at Rian.

"Yeah, baby!" he said, laughing hysterically.

We all set up our positions and played a few songs. It was funny because Rian and Zack were practically deaf. Well, Rian was anyway. Jack could not keep a beat to save his life and Alex couldn't keep his fingers from pushing unwanted buttons.

"This is bull shit! It's nothing like a real guitar," he said, pouting.

"I know. That's why I can actually play this one," I said while smiling at him. He stuck out his bottom lip so I pecked him quickly before turning back to the guys.

"Please. No more PDA. My poor eyes!" Jack yelled.

"Oh, shut the fuck up. At least you didn't walk in on me fucking someone," I said. The guys all 'oh'd' while I smiled in victory.

"No one asked you to walk into the back lounge. FYI, that's where people on the bus go to hook up," he said, grinning mischievously.

"Okay, good to know. Alex, would you like to join me in the back for a while?"

Alex quickly ran to the back while Jack ran straight off the bus. I walked back to where Alex was sitting eagerly.

"We're not actually doing anything, Alex."

"What? Why not?"

"Because, I just wanted to make him think we were doing something," I said, kissing his forehead.

"But, but, that's not fair! You can't just keep me hanging like this," he said, pointing at his lower region.

"Oh, I won't. Tonight. When we get to sleep in a real bed, it's on," I said before kissing him real deep. He pulled away and had a goofy grin on his face.

"'Kay," he said still flustered. I laughed and walked back out to where Zack and Rian were sitting.

"That was a quickie," Rian said, flashing his pearly white teeth.

"Well, he doesn't last too long when I'm involved," I said, laughing and walking off the bus. When I got into the back of the venue, I walked towards the front of the stage. I could already hear the excited chatter of many teenage girls.

Oh, boy. This is going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: This ain't a scene it's an arm's race by Fall Out Boy.

So, tonight, All Time Low is performing in St. Louis which is half an hour away from my hometown. I didn't buy tickets because I had a soccer game and would not be back in time. It poured down rain and the game was canceled. I am beyond pissed. I've never seen them live and really want to.

On the plus side, I think I convinced my mom to pre-order Dirty Work for my birthday next month (May 13th). I'm pumped. And yes, I know my birthday is on a Friday the 13th, but I was born on a Friday the 13th. Just a random fact. :)