Status: Completed!

The Way I Loved You

"I'm forever yours, faithfully."

“Danielle! Come down here, baby! I’ve got a surprise for you,” I yelled up the stairs, waiting for my three-year-old daughter to come downstairs.

“Otay.”

She walked to the top of the stairs and grabbed onto the rails before slowly descending the stairs. As she got about half-way down, she noticed the group of people standing behind me.

“Daddy!” she yelled as she sped up her walking.

“Slow down, sweetheart,” Alex said.

She got about four steps from the bottom before jumping into Alex’s waiting arms. She looks just like her dad. She has my dark brunette hair and Alex’s chocolate brown eyes. She has a medium shade skin that I think was more from my side of the family.

I watched as Alex held her close and whispered in her ear.

“PRESENTS?!?” she shouted. This immediately got her excited and she started bouncing around as Alex set her back down. Everyone chuckled and Jack walked over to me to give me a hug.

“Hey, Brynnyboo,” he said, laughing.

“Hi, Jackary.”

“Uncle Wack!” Dani shouted while extending her hands out to Jack.

“Hiya, kid!” he said, picking her up and holding her on his hip. He’s going to be a great dad someday.

We all walked into the living room and sat down as Jack played with Dani. Alex got into his luggage and pulled out a bag full of toys. He handed it to Dani as she shuffled through it surprised.

“You’re going to spoil her to death,” I said, looking towards Alex.

He shrugged and grabbed me by the waist, pulling me close. He hugged me close and planted his soft lips against mine. I immediately responded by kissing him back. We pulled away when we heard Dani say, “Yucky.”

“Well, hello to you too,” I said with a smile from ear to ear.

“I missed you. Both of you,” Alex said, hugging me close once again.

“We missed you, too, babe.”

“Please come on tour with us,” he said, sticking out his bottom lip.

“Alex…we’ve had this talk many times. We can’t take her on tour. That’s no place for a child to grow up,” I said, even though I so wanted to sat yes.

“It’ll be fine! I promise! You don’t need to quote Journey just to get your point across. We can do this. The guys all love her, and I know that they would definitely tone it down if we take her. Pwease?” he said with huge eyes.

I sighed and he immediately saw the defeat in my eyes.

“Fine, but if there’s so much as any nonsense going on, Dani and I will be right back here.”

His face broke out into a huge smile.

“You got it, babe.”

~*~

I hung up the phone as I made my way back over to Alex and Dani who were sitting on the couch watching Spongebob.

“Who was that, honey?”

“That was Lisa,” I said, still trying to wrap my head around the situation.

“What did she want?” he asked, looking as shocked as I felt.

“She’s getting married. She wants me to plan her wedding.”

“No way! That’s awesome! I’m so glad that she found someone,” he said, hugging me. “Why do you still look so shocked?”

“She wants me to be in the wedding,” I said, shaking my head.

“I knew she really liked you. You’ll be fine,” he said, smiling.

“But, don’t you think it’ll be a little awkward? I mean I did kind of steal you from her and broke off her engagement.”

“Babe, you can’t steal something that was yours to begin with. I love you. And Lisa knew that. Obviously, she’s over it anyway because she’s getting married. Did she say to who?”

“No. Just said it was some kid that we went to high school with.”

He pulled me down to sit on the couch with him. His arms wrapped around my waist and he kissed below my left ear.

“I love you, Brynn. So much.”

“I love you, too.”

“Oh! I got you something while I was away,” he said, leaning over the back of the couch and grabbing a bag. He handed it to me and watched as I opened it.

It was a beautiful picture frame with a picture of Dani and Alex. They were finger painting and had somehow gotten paint everywhere.

“Aw. Alex, it’s adorable! Thank you so much! I’ll give you your present later.” I whispered the last part into his ear huskily as we went unnoticed to Dani.

He wiggled his eyebrows up and down in response and laughed.

“Mommy, can we watch a movie?” Dani asked.

“Sure, baby. What do you want to watch?”

“How ‘bout wittle mermaid?”

“Of course,” I said, getting up and getting the DVD out from a case below the TV. I put it in and watched as her eyes lit up when the screen changed to the beginning of the movie.

“This is everything I’ve ever wanted,” Alex said while I sat back down. He grabbed a blanket from beside the couch and laid it over us as Baz and Peyton came walking into the room. They plopped down right next to Danielle.

“What is?” I asked.

“This. Our family watching movies together and just enjoying each other’s company. I love you guys so much,” he said, kissing the side of my head.

“I love you and Dani as well.”

“Well, I was kinda thinking while I was away on tour that I want to expand,” he said, hugging me.

“Like the house? Why? It’s not like we’re home that much,” I said, trying to find rationality.

“No. I mean our family. I want more kids with you, Brynn.”

I sat there for a minute and just sat there for a few minutes.

“Okay. We can get started tonight,” I said, turning towards him and kissing him gently.

He smiled and turned his attention back to the TV and our child.

Everything finally seemed to be in place. I had the man of my dreams as my husband and a perfect daughter as proof of our love. Things couldn’t get any better than this. Now, when should I tell him that I’m already two months pregnant with his child once again?
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Faithfully by Journey

Thank you guys soooo much for sticking with this story and reading it all the way through! Thanks so much to all of my commentors and thanks for getting me to 101 comments!! Thanks to everyone who has done anything with this story! I may write the story, but you guys are truly the ones who make it! Sorry I couldn't get it out sooner. My birthday was this past Friday and I haven't had time to update. Also, check out these stories below.

The Rebel's Apprentice

This is an EXCELLENT story and I highly suggest you read it!

My Newest Story

Thanks again guys for making this possible and encouraging me to write!