Status: Another love storyy. :)

Sealed Hearts

o n e

“Life goes on, so go on with it.” My grandmother used to tell me, again and again.

But, somehow, I don’t think I’ll ever get over this.

“Now, honey, it won’t be as bad as you think.” My step-mother feigned sympathy, but I could see the light in her eyes. She had finally gotten me out of the house, for the entire
summer.

“I’m sure it’ll be buckets of fun.” I rolled my eyes, the sarcasm heavy in my voice.

“That’s the spirit!” she grinned, never the very perceptive type.

I ignored her, keeping my eyes focused out the window. I could see the big, beautiful ocean, staring back at me. The way the sun reflected off of it made it seem like it was sprinkled with bright glitter.

It just meant that we were getting closer.

“Just a few more minutes!” she squealed excitedly as we pulled into a suburban neighborhood. Each house looked like the next; all brick, with white shutters, and a little walkway to the front door. It was nothing like back home; the busy sidewalks, the crowded
streets.

“I cannot believe this is happening.” I moaned, squeezing my eyes shut, hoping this was all some dream.

When she stopped the car, I realized that this was a living nightmare.

“Are you ready?” she asked me. If I didn’t know better, I would say that she actually cared.

“No.” I said honestly. “I’ve never met the woman, yet I have to spend my entire summer with her?”

“She’s you’re mother, Sadie.” She pursed her lips, “You had to meet her sooner or later.”

“I was hoping for later.” I sighed. Actually, I was scared. I’d talked to my mother once a week for my entire life, but I don’t remember ever meeting her. She left my dad and I when I was two.

“Ready or not, here she comes.” Diana, my step-mother, whispered in awe, as my mother stepped through the front door to greet me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've beenwriting a lot, of late.