You're in Ruins

Hello...(Mandi's POV)

I don’t really remember much about that night, I just knew that it started and ended with Erik… and that Leigh was somewhere in the middle.

I remember being drunk. Like, really drunk. Drunk to the point that I wouldn’t have lasted a minute on the road…

I remember making out with Erik. That was a definite, mostly because that’s what we usually did when we were together. We made out. Then, someone tapped me on the shoulder…it was Leigh. She said something about having to go home. Ugh. I hate it when people ditched my parties, so I stuck my tongue out, and flipped her off.

“Ugh, fine. Ditch me,” I scowled.

“Ha! Like you’re so bored,” Leigh laughed. I wasn’t really listening though, because I had gone back to Erik, and, when I came up for air, she was gone.

I turned to Erik, “I’m thirsty. Gimme a drink?” I knew I probably shouldn’t drink anymore, but, then again, I didn’t really care. Erik stood and made his way over to the back door, and disappeared into my home.

I began to grow extremely tired, and lay down on the stone bench I was sitting on. Then…I drifted off into a dreamless slumber.

.*.*.*.

I awoke, and noticed that my house was completely empty. I pulled out my phone, and it read 4 AM. I made my way inside, and noticed that, though the house was completely trashed, no one remained.

Odd, I thought, Erik’s usually around…sleeping or something…

I didn’t want to think about it anymore, though. I was too tired, not to mention hung-over, to think. I made my way to the nearest couch, and crashed.

.*.*.*.

My eyes steadily open, and I sit up, slapping my palm to my forehead, for the awful headache that hit me like a sack of bricks. My house smells heavily of alcohol and smoke, but Mom isn’t back for another week. I have time to clean up.

I grab the television remote, and turn on the flat-screen. Leigh’s face is displayed.

"Last night, after a wild party, a car crash devastated two families. One, the Hitcher family, faced the death of their daughter, Leigh, whom is believed to have caused the wreck due to drunk driving. The Stapple family, whose son broke his arms, and three ribs, is not pressing charges. They said that 'they think the the Hitchers have suffered enough'. Back to you, Tom."

No. Oh, God no. Please. No.

No. No. No.

A sort of numb shock overwhelms me.

I couldn’t think. I…there’s nothing. Nothing.

Then, I notice Erik is staring at me, eyes wide open.

“Mandi, I’m so sorry,” I hear him whisper.

And then a wave of desperation, devastation, depression, shock, grief, and anger flew over me.

I lose it. I’m crying, I’m shaking, I’m saying “No.” over and over to myself.

“God…and the last thing I said to her was that she was ditching me. God.” And then I completely lose it. I can’t even speak I’m crying so hard. I’m violently shaking.

“Oh God, oh God, Oh God, no…” is all I can say, though I’m not even sure if I’m saying it. Then, I feel Erik’s arms slowly envelope around me, and I lean my head on him.

“I’m so sorry, babe. I really am,” Erik said

I wasn’t listening. But, one last thought came to me, as I laid there in Erik’s arms.

Hannah.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woow, I'm sorry this is so short and crappy XD

I've been busy, but I'll be sure to post more often.

Mandi's POV's will be few and far between, and short.

<3of the stars.