‹ Prequel: Broken Hearted
Status: FINISHED :'(

This Loneliness Is Killing Me

Chapter Nineteen

“So, what did he say?” Alex asked as we drove to the hospital for my ultrasound.

This was the first time in a week that I had been able to talk to Alex, Jack and Luke were pretty good at keeping her all tied up and preoccupied.

“Well, at first he was shocked, I don’t think he really believed I was telling the truth, but that only lasted, like, a minute. Later he got ok with it, but was still surprised nonetheless, but now he’s excited.” I replied with a smile.

Saying he was excited was a bit of an understatement. He was constantly talking about the baby and how excited he was to be a dad. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was already making a list of activities he could possibly do with this child.

“I told you he’d be excited about this.” She smiled.

“He’s convinced it’ll be a boy. The day I told him we were going to have a kid he told me it’ll be a boy and started to pick out names.” I laughed.

“Good God, did you even consider girls names, y’know, just in case?” She laughed.

“Not really, but we agreed that we both liked guys names for girls. Like Dylan, Sam, Corey.”

“Alex.” Alex laughed.

“Ya, or Alex. Even Scotty is a unisex name.” I laughed.

“Really?”

“Ya, there was a chick in my history class in the tenth grade whose name was Scotty. I even met a fan named Zane that was a chick.” I laughed.

“If it’s a girl, name it Scotty, please? Or Dylan, I like those too.” She smiled.

“We’ll see.” I replied, returning the smile.

“Alright, boys, what’ve you got?”

“I like Aiden for a dude, but he likes Chase or something like that.”

“It’s not that bad.” She reassured.

“I know, but I just don’t like it, and it doesn’t flow too well with his last name.” I joked.

“Very true.” She replied as she parked the car in the hospital parking lot.

We made our way into the hospital, of course earning a few glances because of my recognizable face, and I made my way to the front desk to let them know I was here and to give them all of my information.

“So, when do you plan on telling everyone?” Alex asked as we sat in an as secluded area of the waiting room as we possibly could find.

I shrugged lightly, “Soon? I really don’t know to be honest. It’s not that I’m scared to tell them, I’m just nervous as to how I’m going to tell ‘em. I’ll probably tell the guys first though, then our family, and lastly the media, but I don’t know how it’s going to go down.”

“I’d tell them soon though, because they’re going to get suspicious eventually. They’ll start piecing everything together.” She warned as soon as a nurse called my name.

Alex and I both stood up and followed the nurse down a continuous amount of hallways before she opened a door and instructed us to wait there.

“Nervous at all?” Alex smiled.

“Ya, that a little bit anxious too. I wanna know what’s up.” I laughed.

“I am too, but we won’t really see anything exciting for a while though.” She frowned.

“Especially not with an attitude like yours.”

“Oh ha ha.” She replied sarcastically, “Why didn’t you bring Shaun along?” She asked seriously.

“Because unlike me, he needs to train and can train for 2018.” I murmured.

“Ya, but I’m sure your kid is more important.”

“I made him promise he wouldn’t drop the Olympics for this kid, he did want to be here but I refused to let him.”

Alex looked at me unsurely before the doctor walked in, the same doctor I had talked to who confirmed my pregnancy.

“Alright miss Black, or should I go by your future last name?” She joked.

Most people would’ve found this weird, but I didn’t. She was my family doctor and had been since before I could remember, so remarks like that didn’t bother me.

“Stick with Black please, God knows I’ve only got another year or so with that name.”

She smiled at me softly before nodding her head, “Alright, let’s get you up here then.” She replied as she patted the bed that sat next to the ultrasound monitor.

I did as she told and lied down on my back so I could lift up my shirt a bit as she got everything set up.

In the movies everyone says the gel is really cold, it’s not, it’s actually really warm, it definitely through me off.

“Is that stuff cold?” Alex asked instantly.

“No, it’s actually really warm, it’s intense.” I laughed as a fuzzy white and black image appeared on the screen.

“It’s really weird seeing you like this, all pregnant and stuff.” Alex laughed.

“It’s really strange sitting here. I always see this in movies and stuff and its surreal, I never thought I’d see myself here.”

“But then you met Shaun, fell in love, had sex, and now here you are.” Alex smiled as she summed up our relationship in one simple sentence.

“I’m sure you’re bound to end up here one day, Alex, only Luke will be the father of your child.”

“Children.” The doctor corrected as she began to wipe the gel off of my stomach and clean up everything.

“What?” I asked slightly confused.

“Children; you’re having twins.” The doctor stated simply with a smile as, both me and Alex’s jaw dropped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Suckish and short chapter I know, but whatever.

So, all of my readers have basically dropped me... I'm getting next to no feedback and I had a lot of ideas for this story but I think I'm going to half ass the next chapter and the chapter after that will be the last chapter. And then a possible epilogue. There's no point in continuing if I'm getting no feedback.

Anyway, comment and let me know if you actually want me continuing this or not.