Sequel: For You, I Will
Status: Updates Every Weekend (if not sooner)

Undisclosed Desires

Chapter 16: Wolf Fight!

***My POV***

Seth spun around, his eyes locking with Paul’s. He took a step back, getting between Alex and the door.

Paul let out a ferocious snarl, and took a few steps away from Jared. Just as Paul phased and began pulling on his shorts, Jacob, Quil and Leah came bursting through the Cullen door.

“Are you out of your fucking mind?” Leah cried, pacing back and forth. “Paul’s gonna kill you, you fucking moron!”

Seth didn’t flinch at her words.

“It’s wrong for him to lie to her,” Seth defended vehemently. “I can’t let it go on any longer, Leah.”

“I know it’s wrong,” Jacob began, walking towards Seth. “But this is between Paul and Alex.”

“Not anymore,” Seth said quietly, shaking off the hand Jacob had laid on his shoulder.

“Hey, you all know I’m right here, right?” Alex piped up, stepping up beside Seth. All eyes fell on her; of course the pack felt horrible for what Paul had done, but it wasn’t their place to say.

Seth didn’t care.

“Anyone gonna tell me what’s going on?” She asked, a bitter tone coming to her voice. She looked from Jacob, to Quil, and to Leah. No one said anything.

Alex turned to Seth, feeling her stomach churn with anxiety.

“Seth?” She asked, resting a hand on his arm.

“Seth, don’t,” Quil begged. “Paul’s out of his mind. He’ll kill you, man. This is crazy!”

“Love makes you do crazy things,” Seth said softly, turning his gaze from his pack to Alex.

Alex blinked in surprise; since when did Seth love her?

“I can’t let him lie to you, Alex. They made me keep this a secret for weeks… it hurts every time I look at you. I can’t bear knowing this anymore. If he’s not gonna tell you, then I will. You’re supposed to do things for the ones you love. I love you, Alex, and I’m not letting this go on any longer.”

Alex felt tears come to her eyes. Seth loved her?

“Alex, they don’t want me to tell you, but Paul-“

SETH YOU MOTHER FUCKING ASS HOLE! GET YOUR LITTLE SQUEALING ASS OUT HERE RIGHT NOW SO I CAN BEAT YOU SHITLESS!” Paul hollered, lunging through the door to get to Seth. Seth took a surprised step back and pulled Alex along with him; he wasn’t letting Paul hurt her this time. Jared was right behind him, though, and he tackled Paul from behind. Embry and Sam piled on top of him.

“Edward,” Seth called. He knew the Cullens were giving them privacy, but he wanted their help keeping Alex safe.

YOU FUCKIN PUSSY! GET OUT HERE AND FIGHT ME YOURSELF!

“I’m not trying to protect myself, I’m protecting Alex,” Seth said calmly, nodding at Edward as he came up beside Seth. Bella was right behind, followed by Alice, but Jasper quickly pulled the both of them back.

“Go upstairs, we can handle this. I don’t want either of you in danger,” Jasper said calmly, ushering them back up the stairs.

Jasper came up beside Alex and pulled her a little ways back from Seth, while Edward stepped up beside him.

“Oh man, wolf fight!” Emmett cheered, jogging up beside Jasper.

Paul was struggling beneath the other wolves, his eyes locking on Seth.

“Don’t say a fucking word,” he snarled, trying to knock Jared off of him.

Seth took a deep breath, and turned back to Alex.

Jasper, Edward and Emmett stepped aside, staying close enough to get between Seth and Paul if they needed to.

“DON’T DO IT SETH!” Paul hollered. The others were voicing their objections too, but Seth didn’t hear them. He was staring down at Alex, her beautiful blue eyes swimming in confusion and fear.

“Will you tell me?” She asked softly. “Or will you keep it from me like everyone else?”

Seth took Alex’s small hands in his own.

“SETH! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER!” Paul bellowed, lunging again.

“Alex, remember when me, you, Embry, and Quil came back from Port Angeles?”

Alex nodded, biting her lip anxiously.

“Remember why we went?” He asked.

“Because Paul was busy…” Alex said, feeling the fear rise up through her body.

“Yeah, Paul was busy,” Seth said. Paul let out an enraged cry, and nearly shook Jared, Embry and Sam off with his last desperate lung. “Paul was busy cheating on you.”

***Alex’s POV***

The whole room grew quiet. Even Paul had finally stopped his shouting. I stared up at Seth, the words not sinking in completely.

I must have heard that wrong.

“What?” I asked, my voice barely louder than a whisper.

“Paul cheated on you, Alex. With is ex girlfriend.”

I gave a few blinks, staring up at Seth disbelievingly.

“I- what? No, he couldn’t have…” I said, shaking my head. This was just some sick joke everyone was playing on me. Maybe Paul had set it up to see if I trusted him, or-

“Seth isn’t lying, Alex,” Edward said gently, coming up beside Seth. Emmett and Jasper moved together, keeping their protective barrier between Paul and all of us.

“But Paul told me he imprinted on me,” I said desperately, trying to think of an explanation.

Paul didn’t cheat on me. He couldn’t have.

“He said he didn’t love anyone else but me. He said I was the only one he ever wanted.”

“He lied to you,” Seth said, squeezing my hands. “Not about imprinting. He did imprint, and that is how it’s supposed to be. But Paul messed it up. He cheated on you.”

“But…” I stuttered, feeling my breathing speed up. “But that was weeks… months ago… he wouldn’t lie to me for that long… he wouldn’t keep that from me when we….”

I leaned around Seth to look at Paul. He had a desperate, sick look on his face.

“Paul? Did you… did you cheat on me?”

Paul didn’t answer; he just stared at me, his eyes pleading with me.

“Answer me, Paul,” I said sadly. Part of me already knew the answer. “Did you lie to me? Did you cheat on me?”

“Look, Alex, when we had sex, I told you I would never hurt you again-“

“Just answer me, please Paul?”

Paul let out a sigh, and said,

“You know I love you, Alex, more than anything-“

“Just tell me yes or no!” I snapped, pulling one of my hands out of Seth’s as I stepped towards Paul.

“Yes,” Paul said quietly, dropping his eyes from mine.

The whole world seemed to shift.

Okay, so a part of me knew that Paul had cheated… but it still hurt to hear him confess it.

Paul had cheated on me.

Paul cheated on me, and he lied to me.

He tricked me into forgiving him, and then he tricked me into having sex with him.

I was pregnant with his child, for God’s sake, and he had lied to me!

My vision blurred, and I felt my knees give out.

Seth noticed my change, and quickly wrapped his free arm around my waist to keep me standing. He pulled me gently over to the couch and sat down, pulling me down beside him.

“Would you let me up??” Paul growled irritably, trying to elbow his way out from under the others.

“Is he alright?” Jacob asked Edward, crossing his arms. Edward turned to Jasper.

“I think he’s alright,” Jasper said smoothly. “There’s a lot of rage, but I think he’ll keep it under wraps.”

“Of course I’ll fucking keep it under wraps!” Paul snarled, leaping to his feet as Jared, Embry and Sam slid off of him.

He hurried over to me, his eyes pleading silently. He held out his hands to me, but I shook my head.

“Get away from me.”

“Alex, please don’t-“

“I told you sex was a big deal for me… you convinced me you cared about me. You just fucking used me as your fuck buddy.”

“It’s not like that, Alex!”

“Then why didn’t you tell me?! You had plenty of chances to, and instead you just let me think everything was fine!”

“It was fine, until Seth-“

“No!” I shouted, beginning to stand. Seth tugged me back down. “Don’t you dare blame Seth for telling me! He was the only one who had the guts to be honest to me!”

“He’s a fucking tattle tale!” Paul cried, throwing his hands up. “It was just between you and me, Alex! We would have been fine-“

“Wait,” I asked, feeling disgust begin to rise in me. “Were you ever planning on telling me?”

“Alex, that’s not the point-“

“You weren’t, were you?” I asked, my voice hollow. “As long as you had something to fuck, you were perfectly fine. Who cares about me, right? I’m just the stupid little girl who thought you loved her.”

I stood up shakily; Seth was right beside me, holding me steady.

“I do love you, Alex! I-“

“Shove it, Paul,” I growled, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Alex, please just talk this through with me-“

“What else do you have to say? I’ve heard everything I need to hear.”

“Oh, so I make one fucking mistake-“

“It wasn’t just one mistake!” I cried indignantly, running a frustrated hand through my hair.

“I just cheated on you! It was a one time thing! I only cheated on you once!”

“When you tell me you love me, and you tell me you have some imprint shit going on with me, and you lie to me and make me feel like shit for having a fun day out with my friends while you’re off fucking some slut-“

“Alex-“ Paul started. I cut him off as I continued.

“When you tell me I’m your everything, and you lead me into having sex with you, and you tell me I have nothing to fucking worry about, and that I’m your only love, then yeah, Paul, it’s more than one fucking mistake!”

“You’re fucking insane if you’re making this big of a deal out of one time!”

“Oh, I’m the one with a problem Paul? Really?”

“Wait, okay, I didn’t mean it like that, but-“

“I’m pregnant with your fucking baby!” I hollered feeling tears begin to run down my face. “You lied to me and made me feel okay about having sex with you, and-“

“So you think I raped you?” He snapped, crossing his arms.

“No, Paul, you lied to me and used me.”

“And?” He asked, giving me a so-what sort of look. I felt my heart twist.

He really didn’t care about anything.

“Yeah,” I laughed bitterly, shaking my head. “Who cares, right? Just me. Just Alex. Just a nothing; a nobody.”

I turned away from Paul, and he grabbed my shoulder.

“Don’t fucking touch me ever again, Paul.”

I made my way through the crowd of vampires and werewolves.

“Alex,” Edward said quickly. I stopped, whirling around.

“Did you know?” I asked, my eyes locking with his.

Edward shut his mouth, and nodded.

“And you? Did all of you know?” I demanded, looking over to Jacob and the wolf pack.

“Yes,” Jacob said softly.

“Who else?” I asked quietly, turning around to look at everyone.

“Just Emmett and I,” Jasper said calmly.

I nodded, biting my lip.

“And no one told me because…?”

“It was just between you and Paul,” Jacob said softly. We didn’t want to interfere.”

“You didn’t want to interfere,” I said in disbelief. “You’re supposed to be my friends! If I knew Edward was cheating on Bella, or if Emmett was off with some other girl, or if Jasper was using Alice, I’d fucking tell them! I’d tell Bella, because she’s my friend. I’d tell Alice because she’s my friend. I’d tell Rosalie, because she’s my friend. Do you get the point I’m trying to fucking make?”

Jacob just nodded solemnly.

“But you know what? I’ll never, ever have to tell Bella or Alice or Rosalie that they’re being used and cheated on and lied to. Do you know why? Because Edward adores Bella. And Emmett thinks Rosalie is the most gorgeous girl in existence. And Jasper thinks Alice is the world. They love each other, Paul. That’s what love is. Whatever you thought we had was never fucking there. You thought I was some hot chick that you could fuck. I let you in and that was my mistake. It’s not happening, ever again.”

With my final words, I whirled around and hurried out the front door. I had been holding in the tears, but what I said had affected me more than I had expected. I felt hot tears roll down my cheeks, and I hurriedly wiped them away.

It was raining out, and I hadn’t thought about that, but I had too much anger and dignity in me to turn around and go inside.

The front yard was muddy, and I had a hard time sloshing across towards the forest. I was wearing a dark purple tank top that fit my body-belly included- and a pair of purple and white pajama shorts. I sunk down to my calves in mud, and had to struggle forward.

I made my way across the yard, and as I came to the beginning of the dirt (now mud) driveway, I gave up my struggle. I sunk down carefully to my knees, careful not to disturb my stomach too much.

Though I was sitting on my knees, the mud was so deep I sunk down to my waist. I wrapped my arms around my belly, and let my head drop.

It was hard to keep myself together inside. I didn’t want to give Paul the satisfaction of seeing me cry. I didn’t care now, though.

I sobbed. Paul had hurt me twice. I had given myself up to some lowlife jerk. Why did Paul have to imprint on me? Why couldn’t Seth have imprinted on me?

I continued to cry as I looked down at my swollen belly. Paul’s baby was in there. A bit of Paul would always be with me.

Somehow I could get rid of it. I could fall down the stairs, or hit myself, or something…

No.

I didn’t care who’s baby was in there; it was my baby too. I rubbed my stomach as I cried. The rain had soaked through my shirt easily, and I was frozen inside. I didn’t care.

I didn’t even hear the sloshing footsteps over the pounding rain and my own sobs. I didn’t hear the squish of the mud as someone sat down beside me.

But I did feel the warm arm that slid around my shoulders, and I did hear the gentle voice as it said,

“It’s okay, Alex. You have me. I’m here for you.”

Seth pulled me into him, wrapping his other arm around me. I cried into his chest, reveling in the warmth and safety I felt when he held me.

“I’m so sorry Alex. I knew this would hurt you, but I couldn’t keep it from you any more.”

“It’s okay, Seth,” I hiccupped between sobs. “Y-you’re the o-only one wh-who had the guts t-to tell me.”

“Don’t be mad at Edward or Emmett or Jasper,” he said softly, stroking my soaked hair. “It really wasn’t their place to say anything… I know they’re you’re friends-“

I had tried to steady my crying as Seth talked, and I had stopped my sobs so now I was only sniffling.

“I’m not really mad at them. It’s Jacob, and Embry, and Quil, and Paul. God, I fucking hate Paul-“

“Okay, you can be mad at them. But if you’re mad at them, be mad at me too. I kept it a secret when I knew.”

“Yeah, but you told me. Why’d you decide to tell me now, anyways?”

“Well, I wanted to for weeks, but Paul was keeping a close eye on me. Every time I even thought about going to you, he threatened me. I just finally had enough of it. I ran human the whole way here. I knew Paul would probably kill me, but hey, we do crazy things for the ones we love.”

As Seth said that, he pressed his lips to my hair.

“You really love me?” I asked softly.

“Yeah. I didn’t mean to fall in love with you at first, but it just kind of happened. You’re so beautiful, and you’re so sweet, and funny, and smart, and everything. I just couldn’t help myself.”

I smiled, wiping away my tears, though it didn’t really make a difference since it was raining so hard.

“Why didn’t you tell me before? That you loved me?”

“I didn’t want to mess up things with you and Paul. It’s wrong to get between a wolf and his imprint. I just hung back. But now, I figure it doesn’t hurt if I tell you I’m in love with you.”

I looked up at Seth, smiling now. He smiled softly down at me.

“I don’t know if I love you,” I said gently, and Seth nodded. “I like you, a lot, but I don’t want to rush into anything.”

“I understand. I just want you to know that I’m here for you. I’ll be there whenever you need me. And when you have the baby, I’ll help out there too. I’m not it’s daddy, but I can help you raise it if you want… and I’ll help with other things, and-“

“Seth?” I asked, smiling up at him.

I didn’t need Edward’s mind reading power to know exactly what Seth was thinking. I knew he wished it was his baby instead of Paul’s. And secretly, I did too. I didn’t want Paul in the baby’s life. Seth would be so much better.

“Yeah?” he said, tightening his grip on me just a little.

“I want you to be there for me too. And the baby. I want you… I want you to help me raise him.”

Seth was quiet for a moment.

Had I been wrong? Had I gone too far?

“You really mean it?”

“Yeah, if you want to. I know you’ll be great with the baby, and… Well, even if I don’t know if I love you, I want you there with me. I want to be with you.”

“I want to be with you too, Alex.”

I smiled and asked softly,

“So what are you saying?”

“Alex, will you be my girlfriend?”

Beaming, I nodded and said,

“Of course.”

I rested my hand on my belly, and smiled.

“The baby’s kicking. I think it’s happy too.”

Seth rested his hand over mine, and waited.

“Woah,” he said with a smile as the baby kicked.

“Yeah… woah.”
♠ ♠ ♠
lalasoccer

kissingzombiesx

heroesfail;

LiveLaughLove54

Thanks you guys so much for the comments :D I love em!

And I hope you love where this story is going. I still have some twists and turns left, so be prepared :D

Anyone see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1??

I went to the midnight premiere. Of course, I went to the only freakin theatre in Colorado Springs that didn’t let us sit inside. I waited outside for ten hours. C-O-L-D! haha. But it was SO worth it.