Sequel: For You, I Will
Status: Updates Every Weekend (if not sooner)

Undisclosed Desires

Chapter 2: Zombified Wax Corpse

So, since I had absolutely nothing to do in Photography today, I spent the period writing up another chapter for both Essesntial Hope (my Harry Potter FanFic) and Undisclosed Desires. You all should feel very special =] ALSO: just so everyone knows, this is based during the time scene of Breaking Dawn. Though I know there are a few more members of the Wolf Pack by this book, the only ones I’ll be including are Jacob, Paul, Sam, Jared, Embry, Quil, Seth and Leah (and of course the wolves mates like Emily and Kimberly and Claire. And etc).

Waking up in the morning posed as absolutely no problem to you. As a matter of fact, you were awake before anyone else. You supposed that’s what a buff, tanned, muscular 19-year-old could do to you.

It was only eight o’clock when you jumped out of bed and slid on your swimsuit, and yanked
on a pair of purple and white plaid shorts and a white spaghetti strap tank top.

You jogged down the stairs, careful not to make too much noise. Glancing at the clock, you realized it was only 8:45. An hour and fifteen minutes to go. You weren’t much of a breakfast eater, but you needed a way to pass the time.

As you were busy slathering some peanut butter onto a piece of bread, You heard someone clumping down the stairs. Hoping it was Nichole, you spun around excitedly, only to slump back against the counter when you realized it was only Trisha.

She was wearing a skimpy nightdress, which really didn’t look that flattering on her. She was unearthly skinny, and her bones protruded from her skin in an unnatural way. It was even more frightening that her skin wasn’t sagging like it should be on a 50-year-old woman. Thank you, plastic surgery and botox.

Her hair was pulled back from her face in an unflattering style. She fixed a strap on her nightdress and padded over to the fridge. She looked like a walking wax corpse, which made you smile to yourself. You hopped up onto the counter and began to eat your sandwich as Trisha glanced over to you. It was easy to tell when you pissed her off, and at the moment you were doing a wonderful job.

“Off the counter, Alexis.” She said, her voice croaking from the years of smoking. You smiled sweetly at her and took another bite of sandwich.

“I like it up here,” You mumbled around the bread. She sighed and pulled some eggs out of the fridge, then slammed the door.

“It’s unladylike,” She informed you, cracking the eggs over a pan. “Don’t you even care about looking attractive?”

You knew you’d be in for a lot of trouble, but you couldn’t resist.

“I really don’t think that someone who looks like a zombified wax corpse has any room to talk about looking attractive.”

“Alexis Michelle, watch your mouth!” She snapped, slamming her hand onto the counter and whirling around to look at you. You knew for a fact she wouldn't really do anything; you'd been bitchy to her since the first day she'd come to live with you, and she knew you didn't like her.

You jumped easily off the counter, and walked over to the table. Instead of sitting on the chair, you hopped up onto the table itself. You could practically hear her grinding her teeth in frustration. But she switched from nagging you about your seating choice, to other things.

“Where are you off to so early in the morning?” She demanded, flipping the eggs.

“Going to the beach with Mike and all them,” You said absent-mindedly as you pulled out your phone. You had forgotten to text everyone about the time change, but you knew they’d all be up and getting ready.

You texted Mike first, knowing he’d drag Jessica and Lauren with him.

Nikki and I are going to the beach earlier. Meet us in the parking lot at ten?

You wouldn't bother inviting anyone else, but you didn’t want to leave Nichole home alone, and if you just brought her and then ran off with Paul, you knew she’d be royally pissed at you. At least she’d have Mike to flirt with.

Trisha wasn't done antagonizing you yet.

“Why are you going so early? Usually you two aren’t out of the house until one or two.”

“Mike wants us to meet there earlier so we can all eat lunch together.” Just as you said this, you got a new text.

ya sounds good! should i bring jess and laur 2?

Yes please (: I’ll text Ang and Benny.


You quickly texted the other two, just as Trisha began drilling you again.

“Why are you going out dressed like that?” Trisha asked, looking back at you and waving her spatula at your shorts and tank top.

“I wore practically the same thing yesterday and you didn’t say anything,” you pointed out.
“Besides, my swimsuit is underneath, and we are going to a beach, you know.”

“Don’t take that sassy tone with me, Alexis. I’m not in the mood. Can you blame me if I don’t want my stepdaughter traipsing around like a hooker?”

“If you don’t want me to dress like a hooker, maybe you shouldn’t set such a good example,“ You shot back, jumping off the table and heading upstairs to wake up Nichole.

“Alexis! I am NOT done talking to you!” She shrieked up the stairs. Needless to say, you ignored her (hmm. I love how I said ‘needless to say’, and yet I said it anyways. Obviously I did need to say it. Alright enough of my rambling).

To your surprise, Nichole was already awake and was just pulling her tank top on over her swimsuit when you walked in. She looked over at you and asked,

“What the hell did you do to piss her off?”
You quickly filled her in on the details as she finished getting ready.

“Oh my god, did you really called her a corpse?” She was laughing too hard to hear your reply.

When she was done, it was 9:30. Perfect timing.

“Hey, we’re meeting everyone at the parking lot at ten today,” You told her as you headed down the hall.

“Why so early?” She asked looking over at you suspiciously.

“Some friends of mine asked me to meet them there early today. We need to leave now, but I’ll stop by somewhere and get you breakfast if you’re hungry.”

“Not in the mood to talk to Trisha anymore today?” She whispered as you hurried down the stairs.
“Precisely.” You replied as you jumped down the last three steps. The loud thud scared Trisha, and she jumped up and spun around.

“Alexis, you’re on thin ice!” She warned, waving her spatula at you again.

“Actually, I’m walking on linoleum tile, but close enough.” You said back, smirking.

“That’s it, young lady. You are not going ANYWHERE today! Go back upstairs and change into something more suitable for your age, and you can spend the day helping me with yard work.” She smiled smugly at you, clearly thinking she had won.

You pretended to think it over as you grabbed up your keys and slipped on your flipflops.

“Hmm… Tempting, but no. I’ve got other plans today. But you have fun with that!”

You were already shoving Nichole out the door, and you followed her quickly. She climbed into the passenger side of your red jeep wrangler, as you hopped up into the front. You were pulling away when you noticed Trisha standing on the front porch, glaring at you furiously. It would be so lovely to come home tonight.

You stopped by the quickie mart and let Nichole jump out to buy herself breakfast. As you waited for her, you let your mind wander to Paul. There was no logical explanation to why you were so excited to see him. You had just met him yesterday, after all! So, why did you feel an empty hole in your chest last night as you fell asleep? Why did your heart begin to race and your mind begin to whirl as you thought about walking down the beach with him again, or just seeing him smile? Why did you feel this unexplainable draw to him? You shook your head in confusion as Nichole came back out, and you all but flew out of the parking lot in the hurry to get down to La Push.

You arrived a few minutes after ten. As you drove down the winding dirt road to the parking lot, you noticed not only the forms of Mike, Jessica, Lauren, Angela and Ben, but you also noticed the tall, muscular, tanned and grinning form of Paul, leaning against one of the few trees that surrounded the gravel lot. You pulled to a stop the second you parked, and knew you had to greet your other friends first before running up to Paul.

It was like being forced to walk slowly over hot coals on your way to the icy cool ocean. You gave Angela a tight squeeze, and Ben a one arm hug, and ended up getting a rather long hug from Mike, which earned you sneers from Jessica and Lauren, who were pretending to be friendly with you.

And then, you turned towards Paul. He was standing there, in his cutoff jean shorts, his black hair sticking up at odd angles, grinning at you like you were some fabulous prize he’d just won. You forced yourself to walk forward slowly, not wanting to look too eager. But, after only three slow steps, he rushed forward and wrapped his arms around your thighs. He lifted you into the air and spun you around, as you laughed and grabbed onto his shoulders. After a few moments of a spin-hug, he let you down gently. You wrapped your arms around his neck, standing on you tiptoes to reach easily, and he pulled you in tighter as he hugged you around the waist.

The hole in your chest completely disappeared. All the anxiety and unexplainable longing vanished the second he had hugged you. Everything seemed right, and you didn’t want to let him go.

This just made you more confused. Why did you feel this way about him? Why did he seem to be who you were missing so greatly? And, most importantly, why was he acting the same way you were feeling? He had done exactly what you wanted to do- run forward and leap into his arms. And now he showed no intention of letting go. If someone didn’t break apart first, you’d both be standing in the parking lot hugging all day. You didn’t see a problem with this, but you were pretty sure everyone else would. Your friends were already staring dumbfounded at you both. You pulled away, giving him an apologetic smile. He grinned back.

“Guys,” You said, looking at everyone. “This is my friend Paul. Paul, This is Mike, Jessica, Lauren, Angela, her boyfriend Ben and my sister Nichole.” Everyone smiled at him, looking uncomfortable. Everyone except Jessica and Lauren who were giving him flirtatious smiles. They slid off their skimpy shirts and shorts to reveal even skimpier bikinis. Paul completely ignored them.

“Since I’ve met your friends, how about you meet mine?” He suggested, taking your hand and leading you down the slop of the parking lot to the beach. Down toward the tree line were six other equally buff and equally tanned shirtless guys, seemingly waiting for you. There was a girl as well, not as buff as the others, but still muscular and obviously a Quileute. You smiled shyly as you reached them. All but one of them were grinning madly at you as Paul said,

“Everyone, this is Alex Walker. Alex, I think you know Jacob already,” He said, nodding at the only one who wasn’t grinning at you. Your jaw dropped. This certainly wasn’t the same Jacob that you had seen at Bella’s wedding. He was taller, much more buff, and more… Mature?

“Jacob… Black?” You asked, not sure if you believed him. But, then he grinned at you as
only Jacob could do, and said,

“Hey, Lex!” It was the nickname Bella and him had called you by all the times you had hung out with him.

“Oh my god! Jakey!” You squealed, running forward and hugging him. “I haven’t seen you in nearly a year!” It had been last August, on Bella’s wedding. Now it was the end of June of the next year. It had been so long!

He laughed and hugged you back. You pulled away, suddenly conscious of everyone staring curiously at you, and Jacob explained,

“She’s Bella’s best friend.” Everyone’s face lit up, as if by saying this it explained everything. You decided you didn’t care. Paul went on with the introductions as you moved
back to stand next to him again.

“Alex, this is Sam, Jared, Embry, Quil, Seth, and his sister Leah.” You smiled at them all, and said,

“Hey, everyone!” They all just grinned wider. Seth walked forward and said,

“We’re starting a football game, feel like playing with us?” Paul looked at you apprehensively, maybe thinking you’d feel scared or whatnot. You just laughed and said,

“Fine, as long as I can be on Paul’s team!”

“Deal!” Paul said, slinging his arm over your shoulders.

It ended up being you, Paul, Jacob, Quil and Embry against Sam, Jared, Seth and Leah.
Paul convinced you the teams were fair, explaining,

“We’re all pretty strong and fast, so it’s still fair if you’re on our team.” You scoffed at his seemingly doubtful opinions of you, and the game started.

Turns out, Paul was spot-on when he said the teams were still fair. Sure, every now and then you could manage to catch Seth or Jared, but you couldn’t tackle them by yourself. Paul was always right there to help you out, and every time he managed to keep from tackling you at all.

After almost an hour of playing, you all finally agreed it was time to take a much needed break.

“Anyone hungry?” Seth asked, dropping onto the sand. You, Paul, Quil and Embry were collapsed on the ground in a heap. Paul was on the bottom. You’re head and chest was mostly draped over Paul’s chest, while your legs were lying over the Quil/Embry heap.

“Yes!” You, Paul and Quil/Embry complained at the same time.

“Okay, I need a few of you to go with me to get some food!” He announced, jumping up and yanking Jared up with him. Jacob, Leah and Sam struggled up as well, and began jogging off towards the woods. You tried to get up, but couldn’t move with Quil/Embry entangled in your legs. Paul sat up easily and pulled you backwards away from the heap of guys.

He pulled you back onto his lap.

But you didn’t mind, of course, and Paul didn’t seem to either. A cold breeze blew off the ocean, and made you shiver. He wrapped his arms around you, and held you close to him. He was extremely warm, but that felt good right now.

“You’re friends with Bella?” He asked suddenly, looking down at you. Your eyes began to cloud with tears as you whispered,

“Was. I was best friends with her. But ever since her wedding, I haven’t seen her. She and I used to be inseparable, and now she doesn’t even return my calls.” He gave you a weak smile as you went on.

“She was my best friend since I can remember. She used to come up during the summer, and we’d spend every day together. And then when she moved out here, I couldn’t be happier. Besides Edward, she spent most of her time with me. And usually I just tagged along with the two of them. They never seemed to mind my company. I’d go to the Cullens’ house, and when Bella and Edward wanted alone time, I’d go and hang out with Alice or Emmett. Then, she just broke off all connections. I call almost every week, and every time, I get Carlisle, or Esme, or Jasper, or anyone besides Bella. It’s like she’s moved on from me, and she didn’t even say goodbye.”

You hadn’t realized until you stopped talking, that tears were flowing violently down your cheeks, and you were shaking. Paul pulled you tighter to him and said,

“You miss her a lot?”

“More than anything or anyone.” You admitted.

“Paul… Tell her.” Quil said quietly. “She’s hurting, and if you just tell her, you know she can go with us to visit.” You stared at Quil for a moment, as well as Embry, who was nodding enthusiastically. You looked up at Paul and asked,

“Tell me what?” He looked at you for a long time, apparently trying to decide whether to tell you or not.

“Alex… What would you say if I told you that you could see Bella again?” Your breath caught in your throat.

“Wh-what? See Bella?”

“Everyday. All day. As long as you wanted.” Your eyes grew wide and you whispered,

“Are you telling the truth? Please, don’t lie to me Paul. Not about this.”

“I’m not lying… Really, I’m not. But, for you to see Bella again means that… That you’re going to have to hear things and understand things you might not want to.” He stared at you again, worry creasing his brows together. You stared up at him solemnly and said,

“I’ll hear and understand anything if it means I can see my best friend again.”

“But what you need to hear is something about me… And about her… That, that some people might not like, or not believe. And it might…” He looked away and said,

“It might make you afraid of me. And, it’s a life long commitment.”

“I’m up for anything, Paul. And I won’t be afraid of you, I promise. I just want to see Bella again.”

Paul took a deep breath, and closed his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, kinda longer than I expected, but I don't think you'll mind :D hope you like it so far!
Yes, thats right, even though I have a chemical burn on my hand, I managed to type up another chapter! I didn't want to keep y'all waiting too long.
Enjoy!
And, please tell me what you think!